Beastly Kingdom Discussion

zooey

I feel as though the company has forgot what Walt has said:

"Sometimes its fun to do the impossible"

Even other companies seem to be doing this.

For example, it looked grim for fans of Marvel vs Capcom. Capcom lost the Marvel lisence, which led to that awful Rise of the Imperfects from EA. But when all hope was lost, BOOM, Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.

Wished Disney did the same.

That's a really weird example.

i dont think Disney should focus their money on this. people go to DAK because its a one of a kind theme park with a few good e-tickets. They really need to focus on EPCOT's future world and DHS

misterID

It has 2 E-Tickets and it needs some more. AK was never meant to be this bare, especially at this point in its existance. It's not a park, or a zoo. It's a theme park. It needs more than both EPCOT and DHS at the moment.

stitch2008

It has 2 E-Tickets and it needs some more. AK was never meant to be this bare, especially at this point in its existance. It's not a park, or a zoo. It's a theme park. It needs more than both EPCOT and DHS at the moment.

This. And I think things will start happening at AK soon. I mean Joe Rohde is the lead Imagineer for the park right? :shrug: But hes been busy since 2007 working on Aulani DVC resort in Hawaii. I'm sure when he gets back to AK full time, things will get rolling.

NoChesterHester

This. And I think things will start happening at AK soon. I mean Joe Rohde is the lead Imagineer for the park right? :shrug: But hes been busy since 2007 working on Aulani DVC resort in Hawaii. I'm sure when he gets back to AK full time, things will get rolling.

It probably has more to do with funding then the fact that rhode was busy. Joe's schedule clearing due to Aulani opening doesn't mean that AK will get the love it deserves.

Disney is spending hundreds of millions on the FLE, a new resort, and Hyperion Warf. Also, they have been very active with the cosmetic refurbs. There is honestly only so much capital to go around, even for a company as large as Disney.

I would love to see AK get a major attraction. It is sorely needed. I just don't hold out much hope that it will happen anytime soon.

Mansion Butler

Agreed. I could ride Kilimanjaro Safari over and over again (with a mental block on the audio), and it would be different every time. I think its unfair that people compare it to the other parks because, by its very nature, it can't really be compared to any other amusement park out there.
I think this is probably why I've grown to love it so much. I have a different experience ever single time I go to Animal Kingdom. I still like going to the other three parks, but at this point, I've got what's going to happen committed to memory and then some. At DAK, I'm going to get unique observational experiences every time, plus excellent theming and attractions.

There's a lot of stuff that could be done to make it better, of course, but at least there's room for that, unlike some parks.

I'll never understand DAK being called the least of the parks, but I wonder how much of that comes from having spent so much time in the parks.

Mansion Butler

It's so sad because it is true. A whole depressing land of meet and greets.
I actually like the theme of CMM. I like Disney songs plaid by acoustic guitar to set the tone, and I like the feel of a camp.

It's just the whole "nothing there but a decent show" thing I don't like. And the "what could have been here instead" thing.

paul436

I think this is probably why I've grown to love it so much. I have a different experience ever single time I go to Animal Kingdom. I still like going to the other three parks, but at this point, I've got what's going to happen committed to memory and then some. At DAK, I'm going to get unique observational experiences every time, plus excellent theming and attractions.
I completely agree with this. This past December as we were crossing one of the bridges (Oasis into Discovery Island I think) it was just about twilight and a tremendous number of birds were flying in to roost for the night in the trees on either side of the bridge. It was like something out of a National Geographic program. My dad and his wife who are avid birders had never seen a scene like this. It was truly memorable and something I had never seen before.

juniorthomas

Will this new land ever come to fruition? If its scrapped, then why is the dragon on a lot of AK signage? Why is there a Unicorn parking lot?

I personallythink that eliminating Camp Minnie Mickey for this would fix AK's issue with lack of rides and the fantasy of it would certainly go head to head with HP. Of course, this would lead to what we have in MK right now... Eliminating meet and greet lands. :eek:

I think its a convenient option for WDI. If at any time they need a quick shot of attention, they could break BK out and get immediate feedback from a lot of people.

That said, I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Like other people have said I think Beastly Kingdom was really just incorporated into Animal Kingdom and some of the ideas or attractions that were thought up will end up in AK. I mean if not wouldn't Expedition Everest have fit into Beastly Kingdom? I mean Yetis aren't real...or are they?:drevil:

imagineer boy

Like other people have said I think Beastly Kingdom was really just incorporated into Animal Kingdom and some of the ideas or attractions that were thought up will end up in AK. I mean if not wouldn't Expedition Everest have fit into Beastly Kingdom? I mean Yetis aren't real...or are they?:drevil:

Yetis are considered cryptzoological rather than mythical like Dragons. So technically it doesn't belong in BK.

_Scar

Isn't there a rumor of CMM characters getting the talking technology? If so, that would be amazing- makes it much more than a normal character greet.

NoChesterHester

Isn't there a rumor of CMM characters getting the talking technology? If so, that would be amazing- makes it much more than a normal character greet.

Woah Nellie... That would be a big rumor. Where you hear that? Totally would change my view of CMM, especially if exclusive to that area.

WDWFanatic

I think we are more likely to see another land like austrailia get added to AK then getting the BK. I believe i read on these threads in the past (because there are probably 50+ threads of the exact same topic) that joe rohde said that he was not sure there would be a BK ever. You lose imagineers to other theme parks over time and the ride ideas that were supposed to have been part of BK show up in other parks. And as Walt disney said you got to have a "weenie" that draws people in. So until they come up with solid ideas and have a budget to do it, and arent fixing all the other things we complain about, its not happening.

WDW_Princess

I took a friend recently who had never been She has a 3 year old boy. He was able to do KS and TS only. He was too small for almost everything else. That said, my 11 year old DD wants to only ride thrill rides. She loves Dinosaur and EE, but then is ready to leave. So when I go with kids, this is a half day park at most for us.

juniorthomas

I think we are more likely to see another land like austrailia get added to AK then getting the BK. I believe i read on these threads in the past (because there are probably 50+ threads of the exact same topic) that joe rohde said that he was not sure there would be a BK ever. You lose imagineers to other theme parks over time and the ride ideas that were supposed to have been part of BK show up in other parks. And as Walt disney said you got to have a "weenie" that draws people in. So until they come up with solid ideas and have a budget to do it, and arent fixing all the other things we complain about, its not happening.

Agreed. A new world is far more realistic.

baymenxpac

I took a friend recently who had never been She has a 3 year old boy. He was able to do KS and TS only. He was too small for almost everything else. That said, my 11 year old DD wants to only ride thrill rides. She loves Dinosaur and EE, but then is ready to leave. So when I go with kids, this is a half day park at most for us.

we don't even have kids yet and it's still a half day park for my fiancee and me. that being said, i totally understand the people who stop at every exhibit and can stay there open to close, but i would imagine that's probably not the majority of park goers, right?

AK needs something. desperately.

cheezbat

we don't even have kids yet and it's still a half day park for my fiancee and me. that being said, i totally understand the people who stop at every exhibit and can stay there open to close, but i would imagine that's probably not the majority of park goers, right?

AK needs something. desperately.

Exactly...any time I've taken people to that park they don't care to go through EVERY animal exibit, and after a few shows they don't care to see them ALL. By the time we've done what they want as well as a few rides on Everest and Dinosaur, its NEVER after 2pm. Not one person I have taken to the park over the years has ever thought it was a full park. It's always the same thing when i ask them what they think: "The park needs more stuff to do."

Now me as a very avid theme parker, i prefer to check out everything when i go...but even i can normally get everything done by 3pm.

Beastly Kingdom would have been awesome. DAK NEEDS a new land with RIDES very badly. I personally hope to see DAK start to drop in attendance. If it drops off pretty quickly, we can expect to finally see some new things fast tracked.

Disney Rocks

Original Poster
AK has 6 rides (Safari, Primeval Whirl, Everest, Kali, Dinosaur, and TriceratopSpin)
4 shows (Bugs, Nemo, Flights of Wonder, and Lion King)
then there's all the animal exhibits

MK has 21 rides and many shows

AK NEEDS something new.

Just saying

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom