Beastly Kingdom Discussion

Hercules11

I have been kicking around ideas to expand into all of DAK's unused space and perhaps provide a more cohesive theme of lands depicting each of the Earth's continents. Below would be my master plan for the park.

1. Keep many of the existing animal exhibits in RPW and retheme the entire area to North America. I've always liked the CMM theming despite it's obvious temporary nature and would think this type of theming would fit well as North America. A Pocahontas themed dark ride would fit well in this area as well.
2. Use the cleared land behind Kali River Rapids to create a South America, complete with an animal trail through an Amazon rain forest displaying animals like Jaguars, Anacondas, Toucans, and Pirahnas. A big flume ride or flume/coaster hybrid themed to Up would be my idea as its signature attraction though I could see that fitting in DHS's Pixar Place as well.
3. Replace the train with walkways to NA and SA while relocating FotLK to Africa where it belongs.
4. Use the current CMM along with all the extra land around it to build "Europe" though it would essentially be a form of BK as well. My idea is to have two sublands, one themed to Northern Europe with dragons, the loch ness monster etc. and the other themed to Southern Europe with mythological creatures like centaurs, minotaurs, the phoenix, etc. There is no shortage of thrill rides or dark rides that could be contained here, I would expect at least 4 new rides.
5. Tear down all of Dinorama and retheme the rest of the land to Australia. Nemo would already fit in and Dinosaur could be rethemed to a wild ride through the Australian Outback. A walkabout through kangaroo, koala, and dingo exhibits could be built where the current discovery boat service area is, though it would probably involve relocating the retention pond behind it to add the required animal enclosures. This step is probably the least likely to happen as I'm sure management would prefer dinos still have a presence in the park so perhaps Dinosaur and the boneyard could be spared for a Dino miniland.
6. Finally, if a nightime parade can't be worked out due to DAK's narrow paths then the lagoon between Asia, DI, and the current Dinoland would be a good place for a fountain show similar to World of Color. The sightlines on DI and Dinoland might have to be reworked but I think its feasible.

Thoughts?

Atomicmickey

Do we know who ThemeParkOne is? It looks like the post has been deleted.

That twitter feed is chock full o' hype.

Fun to read, now need to take grain of salt to lower heart rate.

Ya know, from a few places now, we have heard that this could be a big year for announcements . . . . .

I feel bad for Mickey! The two lands that were centered around him and his friends seems to be temporary. Poor guy. He and Snow White get no respect at all.

misterID

Why do people keep bringing up Australia? Like any new attraction has to fit an Australian theme. Is there something happening I don't know about?

I'd hope the next expansion to AK wouldn't be based on another country/continent. I like the idea of Mysterious Isand, or some kind of mythic place. That's where Disney really shines, imo.

JustInTime

Why do people keep bringing up Australia? Like any new attraction has to fit an Australian theme. Is there something happening I don't know about?

I'd hope the next expansion to AK wouldn't be based on another country/continent. I like the idea of Mysterious Isand, or some kind of mythic place. That's where Disney really shines, imo.

I think South America is so logical at this point. If they are not going to do Beastly, then stick with continents.

MansionGoer13z

I don't see why Beastlie Kingdomme has to be dead and buried. Just because it didn't happen when it was supposed to isn't a good reason to never build it at all, especially if it's truly a good concept. Which I, and many, many, others think it was. Sure, changes would have to be made and things re-thought after all these years, but fans keep bringing it up because it would be a fantastic addition and solve all of AK's major, glaring problems as a park. Without it, the good things in AK are overshadowed by what the park could have been. It is incomplete, and the leftover clues are almost painful to those who know the history of the project.

I still walk down that path to CMM and can imagine BK being on the other side. It's such a mysterious path, it almost looks like you're not supposed to go that way. You reach the bridge and feel like something truly special should be on the other side, and are greeted with that second-rate, slapped together excuse for a land. It's kind of tragic, when you think about it.

Then why don't you cross that barrier, Maybe there is something going on. Dinosaur cloning for a Dinoland expansion, Dragon breeding for Beastly Kingdom for instance.

MotherOfBirds

Something else will be there within this decade, but BK ain't happening. If anything, Australia or South America will take its place. But after the FLE and all that has happened with IOA and then WWoHP, there's no way it's happening. It was hard for me to accept too :(

sublimesting

If they were going to ever do a BK, it would have been now, as a response to HP. I think they will take the TDO way out and give us a cheaper alternative.... a land with more animals.

Lucky

HP is saturated with fantasy beasts. If WDW went that direction now, it would look like they're trying to copy Uni. So I agree it won't happen. DAK will stick with real animals when it expands.

tomes1225

If they were going to ever do a BK, it would have been now, as a response to HP. I think they will take the TDO way out and give us a cheaper alternative.... a land with more animals.
I think that animals would be more expensive than a few rides. Just think, you have to provide care for all the animals which is a constant cost. Plus rides would draw in more crowds.

Dinoman96

I don't see how HP is related to BK that much. HP to me seems to focus more on Harry Potter and his chronicles, and not on Unicorns and such.

Disney Rocks

Original Poster
That seems to be a problem though. Real animals can't be turned off when the park closes and they must be taken care of daily. AK needs some attractions that do not rely on live creatures such as dragons, unicorns, and dinosaurs. That way, you won't have an empty experience if you can't see any animals on a safari or on the original Tiger Rapids Run and there would be no cost for taking care of the live animals.

Crazy Harry

HP is saturated with fantasy beasts. If WDW went that direction now, it would look like they're trying to copy Uni. So I agree it won't happen. DAK will stick with real animals when it expands.

I think this is true. I remember when I rode the Jurassic Park river Adventure for the first time and couldn't help but think ' Universal totally copied Universe of Energy' :ROFLOL::hammer:.

And what's worse, despite the age difference, UOE's dinos are better for the most part.

MotherOfBirds

The BK/HP correlation is that they are 90% European fantasy/mythical creatures. Dragons and unicorns are too deeply imbedded in both HP and BK that BK would become redundant and would not reflect well on Disney.

Some animals could simply be relocated. Lots of smaller primates and mammals from the Oasis and other areas could be moved to S. America.

Magenta Panther

I don't follow your reasoning. Both Universal and WDW have dinosaurs, so...?

Disney Rocks

Original Poster
How about:

Keeping the Fantasia Cruise and Quest for the Unicorn, but changing Dragon Tower to Fire Mountain with a Lava Monster instead of a dragon. ;)

MotherOfBirds

How about:

Keeping the Fantasia Cruise and Quest for the Unicorn, but changing Dragon Tower to Fire Mountain with a Lava Monster instead of a dragon. ;)

That comes a lot closer to the Mysterious Island from TDS that people in this forum have been tossing around as a potential land for AK for a while. Thematically, I'm not so sure that it fits. The whole park is a straight-up, roughing- it sort of trek through exotic jungles. MI seems a bit too steampunk to me, not really fitting in with either the theme of the park or the futuristic theme that would be more suited to TL.

NoChesterHester

^This^

Disney Rocks

Original Poster
That comes a lot closer to the Mysterious Island from TDS that people in this forum have been tossing around as a potential land for AK for a while. Thematically, I'm not so sure that it fits. The whole park is a straight-up, roughing- it sort of trek through exotic jungles. MI seems a bit too steampunk to me, not really fitting in with either the theme of the park or the futuristic theme that would be more suited to TL.
Fire Mountain was originally planned for Adventureland set in a jungle. How does that not fit in with AK?

cheezbat

Fire Mountain, Mysterious Island, i dont care what we get at Animal KIngdom, as long as something is added soon. Not just a ride...but a land with MULTIPLE rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom