Beastly Kingdom Discussion

cheezbat

The more i read about the Beastly Kingdom concept, the more i wish it was a reality. I too would love to see Mystic Manor and a Jungle Book dark ride make their way to AK...but right now ANYTHING is welcome.

Just get some more stinking rides into that park!

heliumalias

I'd have to disagree with you there. It seems to me that there are more dining options in AK than actual attractions. Besides the two you listed, there's also the Rainforest Cafe, Tusker House, Flame Tree BBQ and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Restaurantosaurus (not to mention the myriad of QS locations). Although a Loch Ness restaurant does sound intriguing, I think the Imagineers should focus on giving AK some more things for guests to do before they worry about adding more places for guests to fill their bellies.[/FONT]

The number of dining locations is relative. Compared to the other 3 parks there is a major lack of dining options, particularly TS ones. TDO is clearly aware of this judging by the fact that AK is the only park with discounts on QS dining.

baymenxpac

The number of dining locations is relative. Compared to the other 3 parks there is a major lack of dining options, particularly TS ones. TDO is clearly aware of this judging by the fact that AK is the only park with discounts on QS dining.

yeah that was my point. and i purposely omitted rainforest because it's at the front entrance of the park, which absolutely doesn't make it the most convenient spot to eat.

i absolutely agree attractions should be higher on the priority list than dining options, but it's a need as well IMO.

NoChesterHester

yeah that was my point. and i purposely omitted rainforest because it's at the front entrance of the park, which absolutely doesn't make it the most convenient spot to eat.

i absolutely agree attractions should be higher on the priority list than dining options, but it's a need as well IMO.

It has been widely discussed on here that Everest wont go down to fix the Yeti until something else is up and running. This morning several people in other places were speculating on a new nighttime entertainment show coming to AK to keep the park open later.

The word "pyro" kept being used... That makes sense if true, the park needs the revenue of after dark folks and fireworks would scare the animals. The unfortunate part is that they would have to build a stadium, ala Fantasmic for the event, there isn't enough open area anywhere in the park to hold a big night time extravaganza.

cheezbat

It has been widely discussed on here that Everest wont go down to fix the Yeti until something else is up and running. This morning several people in other places were speculating on a new nighttime entertainment show coming to AK to keep the park open later.

The word "pyro" kept being used... That makes sense if true, the park needs the revenue of after dark folks and fireworks would scare the animals. The unfortunate part is that they would have to build a stadium, ala Fantasmic for the event, there isn't enough open area anywhere in the park to hold a big night time extravaganza.

Animal Kingdom is HUGE...I guarantee they could find a place. What I COULD see happening is them building a stadium either down behind Nemo and Everest off the water there with the option of a secondary park exit right out to the parking lot in case of overflow, OR on the other side where Beastly Kingdom or whatever could have been placed. Totally could work.

Crazy Harry

Animal Kingdom is HUGE...I guarantee they could find a place. What I COULD see happening is them building a stadium either down behind Nemo and Everest off the water there with the option of a secondary park exit right out to the parking lot in case of overflow, OR on the other side where Beastly Kingdom or whatever could have been placed. Totally could work.

I have not been to AK, but can imagine a stadium would look out of place, so I kind of hope not. I think it would be nice to have a night time show without a stadium. I believe there was a concept refered to as river of lights which would basically be a parage along the water ways. This would be spectacular.

RSoxNo1

Not if it's down a pathway.

Behind Asia there is plenty of room already cleared out. They could build a concrete bottom body of water, a viewing area, and a long queue:
AnimalKingdom.jpg

NoChesterHester

Behind Asia there is plenty of room already cleared out. They could build a concrete bottom body of water, a viewing area, and a long queue:
AnimalKingdom.jpg

Wouldn't the southern pad make more sense? (Area of Camp Minne / Mickey). This would do two things:

1. The animal night time enclosures are up toward the back of the park. If they are worried about a nighttime show scaring the animals, they would want to get it as far away from them as possible.

2. It would facilitate exiting once the show was over, similar to Fantasmic. Imagine 4-10 thousand people not only trying to get into the back of a congested park for a night time show, but exiting afterward... yikes.

I don't remember any animals really being in Dinoland or the "Camp." They could really focus on strengthening the offerings in the front half of the park and leave those areas open later. I'm sure Rainforest Cafe would love that.

Thrill Seeker

I still like the idea of bringing Journey to the Center of the Earth to AK as part of the new land. That would be a huge draw and would bring one of the coolest rides Disney has ever been a part of stateside. Throw in a C/D ticket or two and you have yourself a very popular, all day theme park.

Mansion Butler

I still like the idea of bringing Journey to the Center of the Earth to AK as part of the new land. That would be a huge draw and would bring one of the coolest rides Disney has ever been a part of stateside. Throw in a C/D ticket or two and you have yourself a very popular, all day theme park.
JCE could work in Australia. I mean, a raft ride doesn't have much to do with Asia or anything to do with animals, but it works (other than being boring and overly wet). You'd just have to set up the story of a scientist in Australia (quick, come up with an anagram of Jules Verne) and a visit to his laboratory. It's cooler in a Jules Verne land, but it doesn't have to be.

The rest of Australia can be more animal and cultural centric attractions and of course give us an animal tour with the name "walkabout" in it. Hell, give us the Nemo subs, they'd actually fit there (actually, that sounds awesome). And JCE can be your e-ticket.

Not that there are plans for Australia or that it would have to be Australia or that it's even the best idea. My point is more that JCE could fit anywhere, you just need a setting where a scientist would make sense.

NoChesterHester

JCE could work in Australia. I mean, a raft ride doesn't have much to do with Asia or anything to do with animals, but it works (other than being boring and overly wet). You'd just have to set up the story of a scientist in Australia (quick, come up with an anagram of Jules Verne) and a visit to his laboratory. It's cooler in a Jules Verne land, but it doesn't have to be.

The rest of Australia can be more animal and cultural centric attractions and of course give us an animal tour with the name "walkabout" in it. Hell, give us the Nemo subs, they'd actually fit there (actually, that sounds awesome). And JCE can be your e-ticket.

Not that there are plans for Australia or that it would have to be Australia or that it's even the best idea. My point is more that JCE could fit anywhere, you just need a setting where a scientist would make sense.

Cool idea. The issue with Australia is that the animals are small, and for the most part not interesting enough to but a new land around.

RSoxNo1

Wouldn't the southern pad make more sense? (Area of Camp Minne / Mickey). This would do two things:

1. The animal night time enclosures are up toward the back of the park. If they are worried about a nighttime show scaring the animals, they would want to get it as far away from them as possible.

2. It would facilitate exiting once the show was over, similar to Fantasmic. Imagine 4-10 thousand people not only trying to get into the back of a congested park for a night time show, but exiting afterward... yikes.

I don't remember any animals really being in Dinoland or the "Camp." They could really focus on strengthening the offerings in the front half of the park and leave those areas open later. I'm sure Rainforest Cafe would love that.

I think this patch of land is too inaccessible otherwise - to get to this land would require major re-working for anything other than a major ride that originates from elsewhere, or an attraction that would require a long queue.

Another thing is that the Camp Minnie Mickey area should be used for rides and other attractions as it's far more accessible than this huge patch of land.

As for the noise pollution near the animal enclosures - this area is larger than what would be required for a show the size of World of Color, sound barriers or simply trees could help with any noise pollution.

We discussed this at the end of tomorrow's show - before they add a nighttime show to the Animal Kingdom they need to make additions that would validate staying in the park until that time. DCA didn't have this problem - it had the strong attraction lineup already. Animal Kingdom has the intricate theming, what it lacks is the attraction lineup.

NoChesterHester

I think this patch of land is too inaccessible otherwise - to get to this land would require major re-working for anything other than a major ride that originates from elsewhere, or an attraction that would require a long queue.

Another thing is that the Camp Minnie Mickey area should be used for rides and other attractions as it's far more accessible than this huge patch of land.

As for the noise pollution near the animal enclosures - this area is larger than what would be required for a show the size of World of Color, sound barriers or simply trees could help with any noise pollution.

We discussed this at the end of tomorrow's show - before they add a nighttime show to the Animal Kingdom they need to make additions that would validate staying in the park until that time. DCA didn't have this problem - it had the strong attraction lineup already. Animal Kingdom has the intricate theming, what it lacks is the attraction lineup.

Good podcast this week. I really enjoyed it.

I do agree that before a night tine spectacular is added attractions are needed to justify staying in the park an extra couple hours.

In a related post, ThemeParkOne tweeted "I saw something Beastly."

I really wonder how connected this person is, but they are optimistic that things are looking up. Exciting things may be on the horizon.

NoChesterHester

Do we know who ThemeParkOne is? It looks like the post has been deleted.

The tweet string I was referring to started about a week ago. Scroll through his/her posts... Definitely positive. Keeps saying WDW is about to get a lot of love.

Like I said, I have no knowledge of this person or their real connections.

cheezbat

The tweet string I was referring to started about a week ago. Scroll through his/her posts... Definitely positive. Keeps saying WDW is about to get a lot of love.

Like I said, I have no knowledge of this person or their real connections.

Well, right now the MK is on the slate to get lots of love...as for the other parks, that's still to be seen. But here's keeping my fingers crossed!

Dinoman96

I don't believe the twitter thing. I want to, hell yeah, but it seems unlikely at the moment. FLE is TDO's biggest focus right now. We probably won't see anything for AK like five years later after its all done...possibly even longer.

I'd say take it with a grain of salt.

misterID

Well, there was that BK/MI hybrid land that was planned not too long ago that it seemed like it was really close to happening, then apparently it suddenly went cold. Maybe they've brought those plans back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom