Beastly Kingdom Discussion

Disney Rocks

Original Poster
Will this new land ever come to fruition? If its scrapped, then why is the dragon on a lot of AK signage? Why is there a Unicorn parking lot?

I personallythink that eliminating Camp Minnie Mickey for this would fix AK's issue with lack of rides and the fantasy of it would certainly go head to head with HP. Of course, this would lead to what we have in MK right now... Eliminating meet and greet lands. :eek:

SeaCastle

The inclusion of Beastlie Kingdomme (or lack thereof) is irrelevant when it comes to signage; the Animal Kingdom does (and will) feature additions that are themed arohnd mythical animals, like the Yeti, though not necessarily in the form of BK.

SeaBase86

Will this new land ever come to fruition? If its scrapped, then why is the dragon on a lot of AK signage? Why is there a Unicorn parking lot?

I personallythink that eliminating Camp Minnie Mickey for this would fix AK's issue with lack of rides and the fantasy of it would certainly go head to head with HP. Of course, this would lead to what we have in MK right now... Eliminating meet and greet lands. :eek:

The reason the parking lot exists because parking is needed for a theme park. Jk the reason is the park celebrates creatures Real, Imaginary, and Extinct.

The same reasoning is behind the dragon in the sinage.

PurpleRose

I think if we ever see a Beastly Kingdom, it would be a letdown. The whole AK park had a lot of great ideas and concepts that never came to light.

Bender!

The Beastly Kingdom is (in my mind) still a possibility. Or at least taking its concepts and making something of them. I think my biggest question is where they could fit it.

Disday

There is a rumor that they may revive the idea if Pixar's Brave movie is a big hit. I think that next they'll focus on the land between Africa and Asia.:wave:

RSoxNo1

There is a rumor that they may revive the idea if Pixar's Brave movie is a big hit. I think that next they'll focus on the land between Africa and Asia.:wave:

Getting to that patch of land is going to take a lot more effort than just moving Festival of the Lion King

WDWFan13

The reason the parking lot exists because parking is needed for a theme park. Jk the reason is the park celebrates creatures Real, Imaginary, and Extinct.

The same reasoning is behind the dragon in the sinage.

I thought it was there because Beastly Kingdom was scrapped so late. For example on the old boat ride that they have at AK ( Doesnt run anymore) there are statues of dragons that were meant for beastly kingdom. Thus by the time that they had put up the dragon on the ticket booth and the parking lot, and made the official logo it was kind of too late.

This is just what i read on another blog. Where was beastly kingdom supposed to go anyway, did that cheesy dinoland USA take its place. That in my opinion is WDW's equivalent of Paradise Pier. It brings down the whole quality of the park.

Bender!

Where was beastly kingdom supposed to go anyway, did that cheesy dinoland USA take its place. That in my opinion is WDW's equivalent of Paradise Pier. It brings down the whole quality of the park.
I remember reading it was supposed to be where Camp Minnie-Mickey is now. Might have included part of Dinoland USA

WDW FTW

Maybe they ran out of ideas for the parking lot icons? haha probably not but it couldve been due to beastly kingdom bein tossed late in production of AK, but then again they couldve changed the signs, but then also again who cares its just an icon, and there isnt much room, and i like primeval whirl so no i dont think they will ever build this seeing as what its original ideas were turned into rides like Countdown to extinction (Dinosaur) and the rest weren't unique at all. If they built it now or in a few years it would seem to comparble to harry potter or something. Idk everest also takes away a mythical creature from them that would somehwat balance out beastly kingdom from being a giant mideival fair thing...just give AK some new original rides dont worry about a whole land "land"

pumpkin7

when i first visited dinoland, i thought it was a joke. it's like a cheap carnival. it's not very disney at all. we have things like that in the UK, so you don't expect them somewhere as extravagant as disneyworld.
i think they could develop a much more disney esque area like beastly kingdom. that would be awesome. here's hoping anyway!

Bender!

when i first visited dinoland, i thought it was a joke. it's like a cheap carnival. it's not very disney at all. we have things like that in the UK, so you don't expect them somewhere as extravagant as disneyworld.
i think they could develop a much more disney esque area like beastly kingdom. that would be awesome. here's hoping anyway!
I wouldn't get rid of the Prehistoric theme, but I'd get rid of Primeval Whirl and the Boneyard and start from scratch there. Dinosaur is fine IMO, but they could definitely use that space for something better.

Having a "Prehistoric Land", "Africa", "Asia", and then adding a "Fantasy Land" would definitely be good for the AK.

pumpkin7

I wouldn't get rid of the Prehistoric theme, but I'd get rid of Primeval Whirl and the Boneyard and start from scratch there. Dinosaur is fine IMO, but they could definitely use that space for something better.

Having a "Prehistoric Land", "Africa", "Asia", and then adding a "Fantasy Land" would definitely be good for the AK.

i have no jip with dinosaur, although having never ridden it before, it really put me at the edge of my seat! (here's the ride photo, i'm top left in the blue top lol)

DSCN1786.jpg

it's just the carnival games that i don't like. disney doesn't need little money spinning things in their parks. keep the dino thing by all means. it's interesting.

sbkline

As far as why there is a "Unicorn" section in the parking lot, and dragons in the logos and such, I have always read that it's because the initial plans for AK were to include Beastly Kingdom. It was so certain to include that section that they represented it in the signage and the parking lot and such. And then, for reasons I can't remember, they decided not to build Beastly Kingdom, but it wasn't important enough for them to feel the need to remove all references of it from the signing.

It has actually been said that Beastly Kingdom DID get built, just not at Disney. Apparently, many of the imagineers that drew up plans for Beastly Kingdom, went to work for Universal, and thus the Lost Continent section of Universal was born.

Bender!

It has actually been said that Beastly Kingdom DID get built, just not at Disney. Apparently, many of the imagineers that drew up plans for Beastly Kingdom, went to work for Universal, and thus the Lost Continent section of Universal was born.
I've read this in a few places as well. Wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom