Be Our Guest Reservations

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
First time posting, long time reader. I just talked to "Doug" at dining reservations and explained that the reservation I made this morning via the automated system did not take a CC. He assured me that the reservation will be good. Being the cautious type I asked to speak to a supervisor and she (did not catch the name) confirmed the same story. She said that due to their error NO reservations will be cancelled.This occured at 5:45pm EDT. Hope this helps allay every ones fears. Sorry it took 6 years to post on the site. I feel as if I know all of you.
Thanks for the update, and welcome to posting!!

PurpleRose

I didn't call today because I'm still not 100% sure I'll be going this year. My husband and I are discussing going in March for our ten year anniversary and we might go in January. My question is what is the likelyhood that reservations will be hard to come by in the beginning on January?

sweetpee_1993

I'm so glad they were able to waive the cc guarantee for all the poor souls who fought so hard for their BoG reservations I was hoping they would manage to disable that for today's bookings before they all started auto-poofing.

For those who still had no luck, don't give up! As the dust settles from today's excitement there will likely be people tweeking things and canceling or moving their ADRs around. Keep trying diligently. Hopefully your persistance will pay off. Sending good luck for everyone's BoG wish to come true! :cool:

sweetpee_1993

Hi, Just tried calling again, only waited about 15 minutes, with NO LUCK :(. I am told no openings for the week we are there (11/25-12/2). Hoping they will release openings for online bookings on Wednesday. I will try again on Tuesday.... As a side note..Love your trip reports, looking forward to meeting you on "our girls cruise!"

Hang in there and don't give up including every day you're on vacation! You never know when someone might change their plans. Today was craziness. All the dust will settle. :D

Thanks! So glad you enjoy the reports. Makes it worthwhile. Should have another in the works sometime around the first of October. I can't wait for the girls cruise, too!!!

Hugh

We awoke 15 minutes before they began taking reservations. We dialed from two phones and after 1,060 busy signals and messages telling us "all circuits are busy", we finally got through to the calls waiting. We waited 1 hour 30 minutes and finally got a Disney employee who took our reservations. We ended up getting an alternate date and are ecstatic. We will be there during the Grand Opening of the new Fantasyland and they are not taking reservations for December 5th or 6th and the 7th was full, so we settled for the 3rd.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We awoke 15 minutes before they began taking reservations. We dialed from two phones and after 1,060 busy signals and messages telling us "all circuits are busy", we finally got through to the calls waiting. We waited 1 hour 30 minutes and finally got a Disney employee who took our reservations. We ended up getting an alternate date and are ecstatic. We will be there during the Grand Opening of the new Fantasyland and they are not taking reservations for December 5th or 6th and the 7th was full, so we settled for the 3rd.
Welcome to WDWMAGIC and glad you got your res!

Sofiesmom

I just spent another 45 minutes on hold with Disney Dining in regards to the BOG reservations. The lady I talked to said that because of the glitch in the system, they are waiving the credit card rule for today only. But the one thing she told me is that the mandate was told to them at around 2:30pm Florida time. So she said that anyone who made a reservation before that time was fine but after that time you need a credit card to secure the reservation. I am so happy that our reservations are not getting bounced. I gave her my res# and she checked it for me. She did not ask for a credit card. When I asked her she said not to worry about it.

Good luck to everyone!

prberk

First time posting, long time reader. I just talked to "Doug" at dining reservations and explained that the reservation I made this morning via the automated system did not take a CC. He assured me that the reservation will be good. Being the cautious type I asked to speak to a supervisor and she (did not catch the name) confirmed the same story. She said that due to their error NO reservations will be cancelled.This occured at 5:45pm EDT. Hope this helps allay every ones fears. Sorry it took 6 years to post on the site. I feel as if I know all of you.

Welcome aboard Disney's Highway in the Sky... or at least in cyberspace!

rufio

I didn't call today because I'm still not 100% sure I'll be going this year. My husband and I are discussing going in March for our ten year anniversary and we might go in January. My question is what is the likelyhood that reservations will be hard to come by in the beginning on January?

Probably zero. According to the WDW Dining FB page, they were completely booked for 180 days by 3pm, although I'm not sure that's accurate. In any case, they're at least booked through December 15th (I personally asked the CM) and that was in one day right at 4 months out. If you think you'll be there in January, I'd try to get a reservation now.

WDWFREAK53

I was able to get mine when I got home from work last night. After all the headache I went through during the day and even getting through...and then the phone call dropped, I should've just waited...it was a breeze.

skimbob

I started at 4:00 am. PST with no luck initially. I finally got through around 11:00 EST. I got a reservation for January 10. Wow I now have reservations for two new restaurants on both coasts. We are going to Carthay Circle at DCA in October and BOG in January. It's amazing the difference in making reservations. In California reservations are done last minute and in Florida people are making reservations 6 months out. I must live on the wrong coast because I always book early. Good luck to everyone making reservations.

BrightImagine

I started at 4:00 am. PST with no luck initially. I finally got through around 11:00 EST. I got a reservation for January 10. Wow I now have reservations for two new restaurants on both coasts. We are going to Carthay Circle at DCA in October and BOG in January. It's amazing the difference in making reservations. In California reservations are done last minute and in Florida people are making reservations 6 months out. I must live on the wrong coast because I always book early. Good luck to everyone making reservations.

I noticed this too on my first trip to Disneyland. I was making reservations for character dining a month or two in advance and felt like a weirdo. They seemed surprised that I was calling. Funny how WDW will acclimate one to thinking about meals 6 months away.

sWANNISAX

Just called and got the automated system tried to make a reservation for Dec. 15 around 6. They said they had nothing 2 hours before or after 6 and 2 days before or after Dec 15 in that same time period. Guess I'll be having lunch there instead of dinner. A bit disappointed but I guess i'll try again in a few days and see if there's a change. Do we know if Dinner Service and Lunch Service will be different in any ways besides the menu and how you are served? Just because ADRs are full doesn't mean you can't walk up right?

wilkeliza

Just called and got the automated system tried to make a reservation for Dec. 15 around 6. They said they had nothing 2 hours before or after 6 and 2 days before or after Dec 15 in that same time period. Guess I'll be having lunch there instead of dinner. A bit disappointed but I guess i'll try again in a few days and see if there's a change. Do we know if Dinner Service and Lunch Service will be different in any ways besides the menu and how you are served? Just because ADRs are full doesn't mean you can't walk up right?

Try the internet tomorrow when it goes live. Also keep checking back. I'm sure there will be cancelations. Walk ups would probably be few but if you show up at the start of dinner (or during the fireworks) and have a small party you might get lucky. However if you are over 4 people there really isn't a hope for walk up at most restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom