Be Our Guest Reservations

Oddysey

I didn't know about the time change and started calling at noon. My bad!

20 minutes of busy circuits
25 minutes for a person

And my dinner will be December 17.

Same here. I would have called much earlier otherwise. No one to blame but myself in the information age.

srk173

I just got off the phone with disney and the cm stated that any automated reservation made that did not include a cc would be ok. She said that with all the problems they are having that they are going to waive the credit card thing today. Take it as you will, just re-iterating what was said to me a minute ago.

Kevin_W

I just got off the phone with disney and the cm stated that any automated reservation made that did not include a cc would be ok. She said that with all the problems they are having that they are going to waive the credit card thing today. Take it as you will, just re-iterating what was said to me a minute ago.

That makes a ton of sense. I cannot imagine they would cancel people's reservations over what amounts to a problem on their end.

That said, I'm not a betting man so I called and added my CC# to the reservation. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Certainly makes sense. A heck of a lot easier than dealing with the chaos that was follow if they did mass cancellations.

Huck

Just got off the phone with Disney Dining. I had called to give them credit info so I would not lose my December BOG res that I called for over 2 hours this morning to secure! The representative who answered (after 30 mins waiting on hold) assured me that no reservations would be cancelled and a credit card is not being required. I was very clear in asking her if she was certain because all information available indicates a credit card is required to hold the res and a ten dollar per person charge will be applied if not cancelled more than 24h in advance. She told me that an internal message was conveyed recognizing the oversight and that no reservations would be lost. She would not take my credit card info and ended the call by again assuring me that my reservation was secure. The imagination of one single deluded reservations cast member? Don't know, but I figured this was info worth sharing.

DisneyGirl3820

Waive it for just today? Does that mean that people will still have to call back tomorrow or will they waive the cc entirely for people that did automated reservations? I played it safe and based on this whole fiasco would just call with my cc so I could sleep at night.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm shocked... all this for (at best) a Character Dining rated restaurant? Not complaining - if everyone else books BOG, there are going to be a LOT of openings at the Sigs :).
Well there is a lot of interest in the decor and theme. The food is also interesting for the Magic Kingdom.

PolynesianPrincess

I'm shocked... all this for (at best) a Character Dining rated restaurant? Not complaining - if everyone else books BOG, there are going to be a LOT of openings at the Sigs :).

I'm not shocked at all by this. Just because it's not signature dining doesn't mean it's not going to be something the masses will try and book. I knew it would be madness when the booking process began. It sounds like it's going to be a pretty interesting place. Can't wait to see it!

habuma

Well, the disappointing thing is that the Disney World website indicates that this is not a character dining restaurant. I still think it will be awesome, characters or not, but I know some members of my family who were hoping for characters.

Is that a mistake on Disney's site or am I misunderstanding something?

WDWFREAK53

Well there is a lot of interest in the decor and theme. The food is also interesting for the Magic Kingdom.

To be honest, it is kind of disappointing that it ISN'T a character meal (at least for dinner anyways). This has/had the potential to be as big as the Royal Table if they utilized the LCI and had walk-around characters...as well as in-room effects.

Have a character breakfast until 10:30...and then switch over to QS until 4:30...and then have a character dinner. No in-room effects for the lunch crowd...no LCI...and no walk-around characters.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Well, the disappointing thing is that the Disney World website indicates that this is not a character dining restaurant. I still think it will be awesome, characters or not, but I know some members of my family who were hoping for characters.

Is that a mistake on Disney's site or am I misunderstanding something?
It is not a character dining location.

I personally think this is a good move. There are enough character dining options in the MK to meet demand, and obviously Belle has her own attraction right next door where you can meet Belle and Lumiere. Beast and Gaston will be in the village area. That seems like they have all the bases covered there.

BrightImagine

My wife and I were trying to call from 7:00 for two straight hours and never got through. At 9:00 we were able to make the reservations through the DVC line so we got lucky there. I hope everyone is getting their reservations as well. However, we haven't been able to pull up the reservations online yet, so we are wondering if it just takes loonger when you go through DVC. Anyone know this?

I just wanted to report that this is happening to me too... Made a reservation this morning through DVC and cannot pull it up on the website. It's a little unnerving but I am trying to be patient. :p

alissafalco

To be honest, it is kind of disappointing that it ISN'T a character meal (at least for dinner anyways). This has/had the potential to be as big as the Royal Table if they utilized the LCI and had walk-around characters...as well as in-room effects.

Have a character breakfast until 10:30...and then switch over to QS until 4:30...and then have a character dinner. No in-room effects for the lunch crowd...no LCI...and no walk-around characters.

Well I think they are having a Belle/Beast M&G right outside in her village. You could always go there first.

LuvsTheMouse

Try later today & tomorrow morning. I think the people who made reservations on the automated system didn't get the option to give a cc. If those people don't get the card added the reservation will cancel.

Hi, Just tried calling again, only waited about 15 minutes, with NO LUCK :(. I am told no openings for the week we are there (11/25-12/2). Hoping they will release openings for online bookings on Wednesday. I will try again on Tuesday.... As a side note..Love your trip reports, looking forward to meeting you on "our girls cruise!"

CTXRover

Just to add another confirmation to the Credit Card thing, I had just got off the phone with a Disney rep who told me the same thing. Given the high volume of calls today and the inabilty for them to contact everyone before midnight that they need a credit card on file and to prevent a lot of upset guests, they have decided to waive the Credit Card requirement for any reservations made today for BOG.

I spent over 90min trying to get through starting at 7am, then needed to leave and tried again an hour or so later and after several attempts finally got through. We are there Dec 1-8th, planned over a year ago before we knew when FLE would open, and the only spot available that I could get was Dec 1st at 830pm so I took it (I checked every date and every hour for those dates). It wasn't my preferred date or time, but given how popular it will be that week surrounding the grand opening, I knew I had limited choices, but will keep checking for openings once online bookings start...which is SO much easier than the automated system :)

Amused to Death

Just to add another confirmation to the Credit Card thing, I had just got off the phone with a Disney rep who told me the same thing. Given the high volume of calls today and the inabilty for them to contact everyone before midnight that they need a credit card on file and to prevent a lot of upset guests, they have decided to waive the Credit Card requirement for any reservations made today for BOG.

Ditto. But I may call back later tonight to get a second doctor's opinion. :confused:

DarkImage4

I'll jump on to restate what others have experienced lately. I also set up 2 reservations at BOG on the automated system and after reading the reports of possible cancellations, I called to speak to a CM. They told me that about 2 hours ago they had gotten word that due to the volume and the "glitch", the CC requirement was being waived.

matt boutcher

First time posting, long time reader. I just talked to "Doug" at dining reservations and explained that the reservation I made this morning via the automated system did not take a CC. He assured me that the reservation will be good. Being the cautious type I asked to speak to a supervisor and she (did not catch the name) confirmed the same story. She said that due to their error NO reservations will be cancelled.This occured at 5:45pm EDT. Hope this helps allay every ones fears. Sorry it took 6 years to post on the site. I feel as if I know all of you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom