Rumor BatB Rumor from Screamscape

George Lucas on a Bench

In addition to being an old man with no friends or family who is annoyed by children and people in general that tend to cluster in amusement parks, the closing of the Snow White ride at Disneyworld really turned me off to that place. There was absolutely no reason to get rid of it. They have miles of uninhabited swamp land to build things on. It didn't even take up that much room.

shortstop

In addition to being an old man with no friends or family who is annoyed by children and people in general that tend to cluster in amusement parks, the closing of the Snow White ride at Disneyworld really turned me off to that place. There was absolutely no reason to get rid of it. They have miles of uninhabited swamp land to build things on. It didn't even take up that much room.
It would have been too confusing for guests to have two Snow White Attractions next to each other. Will the real Snow White please stand up?

TwilightZone

Now let's say they do this huge expansion project for BATB and it really turns out to be the best ride ever. Then I might be fine with it. But if they keep it the same small space and make it a mediocre version of the Tokyo ride, then I will have a big problem with it.
Keep in mind, I'm not the biggest snow white or pinnochio ride fan, but both are simply too classic to replace, and if they are replaceable they need something equally as classic. Not a half - a$$ed rush job.

That's all I will say for now.

mharrington

I’ve not heard, heard it’s not happening, and I’d doubt it with MMR in contention nearby.

This is for @marni1971 (and also @WDW1974):

If it isn't happening, how did Screamscape get wind of it? I don't think they would just say, "This is something that SHOULD happen." They said, "This is something that COULD be happening." Therefore, the rumor had to have come from somewhere; they wouldn't just randomly say it out of nowhere.

Now let's say they do this huge expansion project for BATB and it really turns out to be the best ride ever. Then I might be fine with it. But if they keep it the same small space and make it a mediocre version of the Tokyo ride, then I will have a big problem with it.
Keep in mind, I'm not the biggest snow white or pinnochio ride fan, but both are simply too classic to replace, and if they are replaceable they need something equally as classic. Not a half - a$$ed rush job.

That's all I will say for now.

And yet, even though they have a superb Winnie the Pooh ride in Tokyo, we still followed up with a subpar Pooh ride in Disneyland (a few years after the fact, I might add). So just because they did it once, does not mean they won't do it again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is for @marni1971 (and also @WDW1974):

If it isn't happening, how did Screamscape get wind of it? I don't think they would just say, "This is something that SHOULD happen." They said, "This is something that COULD be happening." Therefore, the rumor had to have come from somewhere; they wouldn't just randomly say it out of nowhere.
No idea. I’ve no idea where a lot of these stories come from. After all, I just make all mine up.

DanielBB8

The rumor about Snow White and Pinochio going away is not a new. I just hope nothing happens to them. Hey, they should put more Fantasyland in Tomorrowland. Narrow down Tomorrowland to just the corridor and the submarine.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Why are you trying to defend a 'source' which is clearly wrong about a rumor since BatB could not possibly fit where they say it's going? They just don't know their stuff in order to properly vet a rumor. Screamscape obviously does not have a reliable source.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"I would absolutely stop going to DL if Snow White was closed." means "I will * about the ride during construction. I would be the first in line to try out the replacement ride. I will vlog about how the new ride is absolutely amazing."

Mr. Cheezy Pop, is that you?

I found this one video from DSNY Newscast, a good web video series on news and potential rumors for Disney parks. In one, they discussed possible new additions to Disneyland's Fantasyland, including a Beauty and the Beast ride like the one coming to Tokyo (as opposed to Frozen stuff):

You know that 90% of Jack's breaking rumors come from these forums, right?

Tavernacle12

I have a hard time imagining Disney bulldozing the original Snow White ride for anything. It’s not impossible, obviously, but I can’t see the core of DL Fantasyland changing outside of upgrades or structural issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom