• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor BatB Rumor from Screamscape

Professortango1

Advertisement
Yeah...absolutely never, ever going away.
I wouldn't say never. I could see it being removed in 15 years. Its a huge chunk of land. I think Tiki Room would have been removed long ago if it wasn't as small as it was. IASW is prime real estate, especially if they keep the same ride system.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
Not everything has to be a blockbuster, high tech attraction. Part of what made Disneyland so special in the first place was the charm and quaintness of it all, and I think Fantasyland and MSUSA are the best examples of this. While ripping out two charming dark rides for BatB would appease the masses, you would be losing something that you may never get back, and that's the charm of the original Fantasyland. Yes, I know it was redesigned after Walt's passing, but WDI was able to keep the charming vibe and IMO it looks like it's been there since 1955, which I fear BatB would not.

1LE McQueen

Yes they need to expand fantasyland into old boat and part of autotopia and replace all of toon town. Build better toon town with Mickey runaway railway in new expanded Hollywood backlot at DCA
I like it. And to add on, bring back ToT (or since what's done is done, a variant of Hotel Hightower), revamp Hollywood Land, bring new experiences to Animation Academy showbuilding, put in a new show where Frozen is (Monster's Inc, anyone?), and use the space from Mike Sulley to the Rescue, MV3D, and that building to the east for one or two E-tickets.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
I like it. And to add on, bring back ToT (or since what's done is done, a variant of Hotel Hightower), revamp Hollywood Land, bring new experiences to Animation Academy showbuilding, put in a new show where Frozen is (Monster's Inc, anyone?), and use the space from Mike Sulley to the Rescue, MV3D, and that building to the east for one or two E-tickets.
And while we're at it, could we FINALLY get the facade upgrades that were never realized during the DCA overhaul?

Stevek

I would absolutely stop going to DL if Snow White was closed.
It's unlikely any one ride going away would stop me from going to Disneyland. I experienced Nature's Wonderland, America Sings, Country Bears, Adventure Thur Innerspace, Keel Boats, Circlevision, the Peoplemover 😢...all classics. I can only imagine how many folks would have said they were boycotting Disneyland as those disappeared. Things come and go but the feeling I get when walking through the gates is still distinctly Disneyland. That being said, it will likely be quite a while before I'm a paying customer again purely because the "value" isn't the same to me anymore...it costs me much more and is much more crowded.

Stevek

I wouldn't say never. I could see it being removed in 15 years. Its a huge chunk of land. I think Tiki Room would have been removed long ago if it wasn't as small as it was. IASW is prime real estate, especially if they keep the same ride system.
I'll say never, too iconic. Matterhorn (could be reskinned), Space, Mansion, Pirates, IASW, Pan (and some others)...they could all get enhancements but they are the purest of pure Disney attractions and I really don't see any way Disneyland replaces them.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
It's unlikely any one ride going away would stop me from going to Disneyland. I experienced Nature's Wonderland, America Sings, Country Bears, Adventure Thur Innerspace, Keel Boats, Circlevision, the Peoplemover 😢...all classics. I can only imagine how many folks would have said they were boycotting Disneyland as those disappeared. Things come and go but the feeling I get when walking through the gates is still distinctly Disneyland. That being said, it will likely be quite a while before I'm a paying customer again purely because the "value" isn't the same to me anymore...it costs me much more and is much more crowded.
I feel the same way. As much as I hate some decisions, the only change off the top of my head that would trigger a Disneyland boycott would be a major redesign for Main Street or Sleeping Beauty Castle. Like, if they were to turn it into the new Hong Kong Castle or replace MS with Mickey Avenue or something.

Company-wide boycott is triggered in the event of an IP takeover of Spaceship Earth. ;)

Edit: The more I think of it, I'd boycott the entire company if they did any of the scenarios I mentioned.

Professortango1

I'll say never, too iconic. Matterhorn (could be reskinned), Space, Mansion, Pirates, IASW, Pan (and some others)...they could all get enhancements but they are the purest of pure Disney attractions and I really don't see any way Disneyland replaces them.
I just don't think people 35 and under are that attached to IASW. It has historical significance, but if it was removed in 15 years, I don't think there would be much fuss; especially if they replaced it with an attraction people wanted. Look at Tower of Terror. I know its nowhere as nostalgic as ISAW, but the ire from its removal was rather short lived, even when replaced with a far inferior attraction.

I'm sure people that Maelstrom was too iconic to remove. Or Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. The Great Movie Ride. Star Tours. Icons change as does demands from attendees.

Last edited:

shortstop

I just don't think people 35 and under are that attached to IASW. It has historical significance, but if it was removed in 15 years, I don't think there would be much fuss; especially if they replaced it with an attraction people wanted. Look at Tower of Terror. I know its nowhere as nostalgic as ISAW, but the ire from its removal was rather short lived, even when replaced with a far inferior attraction.
Count me as someone under 35 who’d be peeved if they removed IASW. There’s no attraction I want badly enough that I’d be happy to sacrifice IASW.

The TOT ire has been short lived? That was announced over 2 years ago and people still aren’t over that. It’s because of changes like that that I’m way less interested in visiting DCA than I used to be. I’d hate for Disneyland to meet the same fate.

Phrubruh

Lots of people "say", very few actually "do"
"I would absolutely stop going to DL if Snow White was closed." means "I will ***** about the ride during construction. I would be the first in line to try out the replacement ride. I will vlog about how the new ride is absolutely amazing."

Last edited:

Professortango1

Count me as someone under 35 who’d be peeved if they removed IASW. There’s no attraction I want badly enough that I’d be happy to sacrifice IASW.

The TOT ire has been short lived? That was announced over 2 years ago and people still aren’t over that. It’s because of changes like that that I’m way less interested in visiting DCA than I used to be. I’d hate for Disneyland to meet the same fate.
It has been short lived. Many who criticized the removal of TOT with a cheap retheme rolled over once they boarded Mission BO. DCA is still popular, even if you personally are less interested. People also love Pixar Pier. We're not the norm for Disney. Sure, diehard fans would be upset if they ripped out IASW, but it wouldn't affect their numbers. They know people aren't going to suddenly stop going if they remove the ride which is constantly mocked for how long, boring, and annoying it is. Especially if they replace it with BATB or Frozen, they know their attendance will increase. And not just from families, but diehards will still come out to see the new attraction. Its unfortunate, but Disney has learned that they don't need to cater to Disneyland fans. As long as they keep rolling out "new" experiences and things to explore/take pictures in front of, the crowds will continue to come.

Universal learned this long ago. Kongfrontation was a classic iconic ride. As was Back to the Future. I'd much rather have the Special Effects show than Transformers on the Lower Lot at Hollywood. But times change as do crowds. Mark my words, IASW will not last another 50 years.

shortstop

It has been short lived. Many who criticized the removal of TOT with a cheap retheme rolled over once they boarded Mission BO. DCA is still popular, even if you personally are less interested. People also love Pixar Pier. We're not the norm for Disney. Sure, diehard fans would be upset if they ripped out IASW, but it wouldn't affect their numbers. They know people aren't going to suddenly stop going if they remove the ride which is constantly mocked for how long, boring, and annoying it is. Especially if they replace it with BATB or Frozen, they know their attendance will increase. And not just from families, but diehards will still come out to see the new attraction. Its unfortunate, but Disney has learned that they don't need to cater to Disneyland fans. As long as they keep rolling out "new" experiences and things to explore/take pictures in front of, the crowds will continue to come.

Universal learned this long ago. Kongfrontation was a classic iconic ride. As was Back to the Future. I'd much rather have the Special Effects show than Transformers on the Lower Lot at Hollywood. But times change as do crowds. Mark my words, IASW will not last another 50 years.
I respectfully disagree. Small World is not just a classic Disney attraction but is one of the most famous theme park attractions of all time anywhere. 50 years later it’s as beloved and popular as ever. The facade is an iconic work of art. They won’t be getting rid of it anytime soon.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
If you step back and pretend that you have never stepped foot inside a Disney theme park, there is a 99% chance you have heard of IASW. It's an American classic, and Disney knows this. First time Disneyland visitors expect at least 3 things: Castle, Dumbo, and Small World. I doubt IASW will ever close.

Professortango1

If you step back and pretend that you have never stepped foot inside a Disney theme park, there is a 99% chance you have heard of IASW. It's an American classic, and Disney knows this. First time Disneyland visitors expect at least 3 things: Castle, Dumbo, and Small World. I doubt IASW will ever close.
I often chaperone underprivileged kids. None of them know IASW. They know Star Wars, Castle, and roller coasters.

Top Bottom