Baggage Tags for Magic Express?

Has anyone who is planning on using the new Magic Express service received the tags for luggage yet? I am leaving on May 17th and hope to get them soon so if I have a reservation problem I can fix it well before I leave.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I ran a search and didn't find anything.

d'Isigny

JPVonDrake said:
I'm very sorry you received incorrect information.

Yes, Disney will get your baggage and deliver it to your room regardless of the Airline you flight on, as long as you attach the special luggage tags we send you.

With US Airways, you will not be able to use the Airline Check-In service to get your departing boarding pass or check your luggage in the resort lobby, you simply need to do so at your Airlines check-in desk at the Airport itself.

If you know the name of the agent that gave you this information, PLEASE call back and ask to speak with Guest Services and report her name and the information she told you.

Just for your information, you will NOT be getting her in trouble. She will simply recieve a QC notice and be re-trained on the Disney's Magical Express / Airline Check-In services. This will help ensure others are always getting correct information from the Disney Reservation Center.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Thank you for answering my question.

Also, my family and I will arrive at 8:53 am. I am a little concerned that the MExpress is in partnership with Mears. Will I be stranded at the airport for 2 to 3 hours waiting for the bus to load up and move or is Disney actually getting involved and just buying a Mears bus.

Mears is known for being the worst service.

I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the MagicExpress offer and paying for a service. I want to get to my resort and into the park in a timely manner.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

d'Isigny said:
Thank you for answering my question.

Also, my family and I will arrive at 8:53 am. I am a little concerned that the MExpress is in partnership with Mears. Will I be stranded at the airport for 2 to 3 hours waiting for the bus to load up and move or is Disney actually getting involved and just buying a Mears bus.

Mears is known for being the worst service.

I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the MagicExpress offer and paying for a service. I want to get to my resort and into the park in a timely manner.

Yes, Mears owns the bus and supplies the driver but that is where their connection ends. Disney calls all the shots.

Disney will used your flight information to schedule the dispatch times. It is estimated that from the time you reach the Disney Welcome Center at the Orlando International Airport to arriving at your resort will be about 45 mins or less. The motorcoach will make no more then 4 stops at Disney Resort Hotels only. Also expect your baggage to reach your room before you do!

Enjoy your stay, and be sure to give us a trip report when you get back!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

JP, Really you are a complete God-send!!!!! What would we do without you?? And I Agree if they arent paying you to come here and post this great information, they should be!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

teco@email.com said:
Are you able to sign up for DME online via Disney's website?

If you book your reservation online, then you can add DME to it at the time of your booking only.

Currently you cannot add or modify anything online to a reservation or vacation package online, even if booked online. All changes and additions need to be made by phone to 1-407-W-DISNEY.

Also if you booked your reservation with a travel agent (Kingdom Konsultants, AAA, etc.) or online wholesaler (hotels.com, travelocity, expedia, etc) you do need to contact them to add Disney's Magical Express. For legal reasons, Disney Reservation Agents cannot change or even verify a reservation with a guest that was booked through a Travel Agent.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Thanks for the info JP. Really helps to know. we arrive on the 6th of May which is the 2nd full day of this service being in operation so I was a bit worried. Only 11 days to go. I guess if I don't get the tags by mid-week I will call them back. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Nine days til departure and still no baggage tags. I called them back today, supposedly they are being Fed-exed to us as I type. Just wondering what everyones thoughts are if I haven't received them by say Monday. At nine days til departure I am starting to worry but by Monday I might just be frantic! thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

Upvote 0

WendyTinkerbell

We leave in three weeks and have not received the Magical Express luggage tags or the Disney Dining Experience card. When should I call to report this and will I have to call two separate places? For example the DDE office (which is difficult to do since they are only open while I am at work) and the reservation people separately?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

I'll help with some answers...

For Disney's Magical Express...

For all guest traveling May 5th -17th, your DME travel documents were sent out on Thursday 4/21/05 using Federal Express. They have started arriving to some guest and travel agents already, so yours should be on its way. I would not worry.

If for any reason you don't receive them before you depart, again not to worry. The Disney Welcome Center at the airport will have your information on file and you will still be able to used the Magical Express transportation from Orlando International Airport to your Disney Resort Hotel.

If you are travelling after May 17th, your DME travel documents will be shipped by regular mail approximately 21 days prior to your arrival date and should arrive about 10-15 days in advance.

For Disney's Dinning Experience Cards...

For information on current orders, you do need to contact them directly. The Disney Reservation Center has no access to DDE information other then the phone number which is 407-566-5858.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

DukeEarthwalker said:
Drake, is there anything you don't know? :animwink:

Thanks for the info, I was gettin curious about that myself.
Nah!!!! JPVonDrake is our man in the know!!!!! Thank Goodness that he found us and is willing to help so many of our members and on his off hours to boot!! As he has said he is a CRO Cast Member!!! There arent enough nice things to say about someone like that!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Much thanks! I had called back this afternoon the person I talked to said the exact same things..that even if the baggage tags don't arrive before we leave, no problems...they said that they would just go track down our luggage for us and we would still be transported to and from the resort! I think that if we don't get the baggage tags before we leave that I will pack a change of clothes for everyone in the carry on bag just in case.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

well we finally got our tags today!! we leave may 8th, but my inlaws still have not gotten their's yet...our travel agent said they should be in by tomorrow...we'll see

Upvote 0

imamouse

Glad to hear that there is a work around for using DME if the luggage tags don't arrive. I might need to use this information...... :lookaroun Thanks, JP!

Upvote 0

Mickifan17

dixiegirl said:
well we finally got our tags today!! we leave may 8th, but my inlaws still have not gotten their's yet...our travel agent said they should be in by tomorrow...we'll see

Whew!! I was worried there for a minute. I leave the 11th (14 days from now) and also haven't received them. But since you just got yours, Dixiegirl, I won't panic until next week. :eek:

Upvote 0

jason08505

We're going May 5-12 but still have not received our luggage tags...

We're going on May 5-12 and still have not received our luggage tags...my wife called a direct line to the express transportation and they verified that we are on the list...they told us that they hope to get the tags to us, but if they don't that we have to check the bags ourselves and we have to find one of their reps once we get off the plane in Orlando. :confused:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom