Baggage Tags for Magic Express?

Has anyone who is planning on using the new Magic Express service received the tags for luggage yet? I am leaving on May 17th and hope to get them soon so if I have a reservation problem I can fix it well before I leave.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I ran a search and didn't find anything.

puppymom

Now I have a question that is a little off topic. We are checking in May 8, using Magical Express, but we get in around 11 and I highly doubt a room will be ready. Will there still be a secure place to leave our carryons like we used to leave luggage so we can go straight to the parks? I don't want to not carryon, but I suppose it's an option if they no longer hold luggage for checkin. We're at POFQ if that makes a difference...

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

puppymom said:
Now I have a question that is a little off topic. We are checking in May 8, using Magical Express, but we get in around 11 and I highly doubt a room will be ready. Will there still be a secure place to leave our carryons like we used to leave luggage so we can go straight to the parks? I don't want to not carryon, but I suppose it's an option if they no longer hold luggage for checkin. We're at POFQ if that makes a difference...
It actually doesnt make any difference with any of the Disney resorts there is a luggage holding area that you can store your luggage at. This can be used on your check in day so you can go to the parks while your room is being made ready ( It may be when you get there but you are smart to plan for the contigency if it is not!!! Good Form!!) or on your check out day when you have to be out of the room at 11 am but you may have a later flight!!! Hope this helps!!! Belle

Upvote 0

swimmom

Just wondering how the airlines will be able to charge for luggage over the weight limit when you check your luggage and get your boarding pass at a Disney resort?!?!? Our largest suitcase usually goes over the the new weight limit unless I carefully pack it with big bulky items like sweatshirts and no jeans.

Upvote 0

Raven66

Beginning May 5, 2005, any guest staying on-site at a Disney hotel will be eligible to use Disney's Magical Express, the new baggage transfer and transportation service. All guests staying at a Disney hotel may use the ground transportation service; however, in order to use the luggage transfer service, you must fly into Orlando International Airport on one of the following carriers, who are current partners in the program: American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Song, United Airlines and Ted. If you are not using one of these carriers, you cannot book or use Disney's Magical Express luggage transfer service. Disney hopes to add other airline partners later, but for the roll-out, guests are restricted to using only the airlines listed above. To book Disney's Magical Express for your family, call 407-WDISNEY or your travel agent.

Have a magical time at the World!

A.A.

I found this on AllEarsNet from Anita Answers. If this information is wrong, I'm really sorry that I told it to someone. :( I feel bad about it.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Raven66 said:
Beginning May 5, 2005, any guest staying on-site at a Disney hotel will be eligible to use Disney's Magical Express, the new baggage transfer and transportation service. All guests staying at a Disney hotel may use the ground transportation service; however, in order to use the luggage transfer service, you must fly into Orlando International Airport on one of the following carriers, who are current partners in the program: American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Song, United Airlines and Ted. If you are not using one of these carriers, you cannot book or use Disney's Magical Express luggage transfer service. Disney hopes to add other airline partners later, but for the roll-out, guests are restricted to using only the airlines listed above. To book Disney's Magical Express for your family, call 407-WDISNEY or your travel agent.

A.A.

I found this on AllEarsNet from Anita Answers. If this information is wrong, I'm really sorry that I told it to someone. :( I feel bad about it.

Please re-read my above posts (included my source information)...

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Raven66 said:

A.A.

You shouldn't feel bad. You were only going on what you knew at the time. It is a very confusing process and it's easy to understand why there are so many questions surrounding DME. (I'm still confused, but luckily, I booked my trip before the DME came about, so I don't think I will be dealing with it and I don't have to worry about being confused! :lol: )

Upvote 0

Raven66

JPVonDrake said:
Please re-read my above posts (included my source information)...

Yes, I read yours and I'm glad you have that info. I was just explaining where my answers came from to someone else. When I first made my ressies for our trip the CM didn't know anything and told me to call Mears. So I found that info on my own. You gave very good information and a lot of us really appreciate it, thank you. :)

Upvote 0

Raven66

nibblesandbits said:
You shouldn't feel bad. You were only going on what you knew at the time. It is a very confusing process and it's easy to understand why there are so many questions surrounding DME. (I'm still confused, but luckily, I booked my trip before the DME came about, so I don't think I will be dealing with it and I don't have to worry about being confused! :lol: )

Thanks nibbles! :wave:

Upvote 0

AEfx

JPVonDrake said:
Again, Disney's Magical Express service is available to ANYONE who is...

Staying at a Disney owned and operated resort
Flying into / out of Orlando International Airport with your flight dates matching your resort stay
Using any Airline

The Disney Magical Express service includes a free transfer from / to Orlando International Airport to your Disney Resort and always includes a free transfer of your luggage from the plane directly to your room. If you use the provided bag tags, your luggage will never reach baggage claim as it is pulled behind the scenes and will normally beat you to your resort room.

My source: Disney Reservation Center Folios Finger Tip Facts Information Database. (in other words, I am a DRC cast member, and am getting my information from the offical Disney source.)

Hehe thank you. I do not doubt you as a source at all. ;)

I've been following ME quite closely, actually, and was aware that the transfer service is for everyone. I've already signed up. My confusion was over the luggage transport - I thought that was grouped with the boarding pass as a specific-airline only thing instead of in the "everyone who stays on property" thing.

Now I know better.

Thank you for setting me straight!

AEfx

Upvote 0

Dwarful

How early have people received their luggage tags? We leave in 13 days and still have not received them in the mail. When I made the reservations, the CM said if we didn't receive them by the 22nd to call, so I did. Well now I am told to wait until next weekend, which is the 29th-30th and we fly out on May 6th! I am just curious if they are sending them to everyone at the last minute or if I should be concerned.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Dwarful said:
How early have people received their luggage tags? We leave in 13 days and still have not received them in the mail. When I made the reservations, the CM said if we didn't receive them by the 22nd to call, so I did. Well now I am told to wait until next weekend, which is the 29th-30th and we fly out on May 6th! I am just curious if they are sending them to everyone at the last minute or if I should be concerned.
Hey Dwarful I am hearing some similar things from some other people. If I hear of anything Ill make sure to let you know!! Belle

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Dwarful said:

According to our Reservation Center Agent Updates on Friday 4/22/05:

The Magical Express Information booklets and luggage tags for guest traveling between May 5th and May 17th were delayed in printing. They were just sent out via Federal Express on Thursday April 21st and should be received within about 5-6 days.

Guest traveling after May 17th will receive their DME information and luggage tags by US mail about 10-15 days prior to arrival.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

JPVonDrake said:
According to our Reservation Center Agent Updates on Friday 4/22/05:

The Magical Express Information booklets and luggage tags for guest traveling between May 5th and May 17th were delayed in printing. They were just sent out via Federal Express on Thursday April 21st and should be received within about 5-6 days.

Guest traveling after May 17th will receive their DME information and luggage tags by US mail about 10-15 days prior to arrival.

Many thanks for the great information JPVonDrake!!! Belle

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

WELL now i feel better, us too have been waiting for our magical express package to come in , but our aaa agent told us the same thing, that they were being delayed in the printing process and that they were being fedex soon as possible... we were getting worried cause we usually have our package by now and have looked at it 1,000 times already..lol and we're leaving may 8th....oh well we'll see.

Upvote 0

AEfx

JPVonDrake said:
A

LOL JPVonDrake, where have you been all my life? ;)

I was very worried because I'm at the less-than-2-week mark, and I didn't even have to ask - the info was right there.

Seriously. I'm starting to think Disney pays you to come here and get the word out. If they do - tell 'em you deserve a raise!

AEfx

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Well, when you work for a Mouse, you don't get much cheese.. :p

But I'm always glad to help! Enjoy your stay with us and be sure to give us a trip report on DME! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

I called Disney with the flight information. I told them that I was flying US Airways. I then asked them how they were able to do the luggage transfer...

and the woman on the line told me that I'd have to get my own baggage...that only certain airlines received the baggage transfer...

should I call back?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

d'Isigny said:
I called Disney with the flight information. I told them that I was flying US Airways. I then asked them how they were able to do the luggage transfer...

and the woman on the line told me that I'd have to get my own baggage...that only certain airlines received the baggage transfer...

should I call back?

I'm very sorry you received incorrect information.

Yes, Disney will get your baggage and deliver it to your room regardless of the Airline you flight on, as long as you attach the special luggage tags we send you.

With US Airways, you will not be able to use the Airline Check-In service to get your departing boarding pass or check your luggage in the resort lobby, you simply need to do so at your Airlines check-in desk at the Airport itself.

If you know the name of the agent that gave you this information, PLEASE call back and ask to speak with Guest Services and report her name and the information she told you.

Just for your information, you will NOT be getting her in trouble. She will simply recieve a QC notice and be re-trained on the Disney's Magical Express / Airline Check-In services. This will help ensure others are always getting correct information from the Disney Reservation Center.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom