Baggage Tags for Magic Express?

Has anyone who is planning on using the new Magic Express service received the tags for luggage yet? I am leaving on May 17th and hope to get them soon so if I have a reservation problem I can fix it well before I leave.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I ran a search and didn't find anything.

Dwarful

Hey Jason08505,
We leave on the 6th, but still haven't received our tags either. So I called yesterday, but the rep I talked to said to check in with the Disney rep and they would load our bags and get them to our room for us. So I don't know what the correct story is. I guess we will check in with them first, before getting the luggage and then go from there...this is all of course if our baggage tags don't arrive within the next 8 days. Its still early enough for them to come today. Glad to know I am not alone in this.

Upvote 0

gabtic

no tags either

Still waiting also. I've booked 10 rooms at POR for May 12 - 18 through the Leisure Group. The tags for 38 people are to be mailed to me then I have to get them to my family members. Some live out of state so I have to mail them also. Sure hope they come in time.

Looking forward to a big family reunion. (hopefully with our lugadge)

Upvote 0

gabtic

I was wondering the same thing. I'll be suprised if it does.

Although our flight lands at 11:14. If we cannot get into our room until 3:00, they have 3 hours to do it. If our room is available at time of check in, I don't think we will have our luggage.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Your DME journey...

You travel from your plane to the main terminal where you are greeted by a Disney Castmember (wearing large Mickey gloves :wave: ) They will direct you to Airside A, level 1 where you will find the Disney Welcome Center. You sign-in and show your baggage claim tickets given to you by the airline. You will then be directed to an Air conditioned Motorcoach with other guest. Once everyone is checked-in your motorcoach will depart for Walt Disney World! :sohappy: The motorcoach will make 3 or 4 stops and you will arrive at your Resort. You then register at the front desk, get your Key To The World cards and a room assignment if availiable, otherwise you get a card with a phone number to call after 3 pm to get your room number and you start having fun in the parks. :sohappy:

Your Luggage DME journey...

The luggage is unloaded from the plane and sorted. All DME tagged luggage is directed through airport security first, then loaded onto a truck bound for WDW! Your tagged luggage will never get to baggage claim. The truck will depart as soon as all luggage is loaded and will travel separately from the guest. If you are given a room assignment as soon as you arrive your luggage may or may not be able to beat you to your room, if not it will be their within 30 minutes.

Long story short, most cases the luggage will be sorted faster then the guests will be so the luggage truck will be headed to WDW before the motorcoach.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

well they didn't arrive today so 7 more days to go. I probably won't post again except for two things 1) the baggage tags arrive or 2). the day of our departure arrives w/o tags either way I'll let you all know.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

wannabeBelle said:
Mickey Gloves!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mickey Gloves!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the smile for today!!! Belle
i was gonna ask if it was true...god would'nt that be great!! thats a great start to your disney vaca :sohappy: tion....hell they should play disney music on the plane.....

Upvote 0
so have they been testing this system and making sure it will work, or will they test it on the press when they arrive on the 4th? I'd hate to see the coverage of all the press events if they loose any press member's luggage.

Upvote 0

Mickifan17

12 days until I leave and no luggage tags, but based on the trend that seems to be going on, I guess I won't worry too much until like 3 days left.

Also, for anyone that may have received the tags, what do they look like? Can you post a picture please? Thank you in advance!!

Upvote 0

cj2me

I still have not received my tags and leave in 5 days. I just spoke to a DME representative. The majority of the tags DID NOT go out Fed EX on Monday like originally stated, in fact they are no longer making any promises that they will be delivered in time. They said the service will be up and running and if you do not receive the tags they will go by the baggage claim numbers you receive from your departing airport. Not too confident with this service. This is a contracted service and not Disney. If you have any questions the direct number to call them is 866-599-0951, press the prompt for changing flight info because that is the only one that is being answered at this time. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Dwarful

ok i am breaking my word about not posting. But cj2me, I am like you wondering how this will really go off. That is why I have decided I am packing a change of clothes for everyone in a carryon bag along with other essentials. We are arriving Friday evening and that way if our luggage is delayed we won't be delayed on going to the parks on Saturday morning.

Upvote 0

cj2me

I agree, I'll also have to bring extra diapers and stuff in my carry on for my daughter. I can forsee a lot of mass confusion. I guess we should expect the worst and hope for the best

Upvote 0

Mickifan17

Dwarful said:
ok i am breaking my word about not posting. But cj2me, I am like you wondering how this will really go off. That is why I have decided I am packing a change of clothes for everyone in a carryon bag along with other essentials. We are arriving Friday evening and that way if our luggage is delayed we won't be delayed on going to the parks on Saturday morning.

I understand your concerns about the service not being fully reliable as of yet, however bringing a change of clothes in a carryon my be a little drastic. If you are checking your bags on your flight, I have confidence that the luggage will arrive with you. You may just have to get the luggage yourself which would be a "worst case scenario".

Upvote 0

cj2me

YOu may not have the opportunity to get the luggage from baggage claim. Supposedly your number will register in the computer and Disney will take it off the plane. I;m not to concerned about the clothes as much as all the incidentals my 2yr old may need.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I called the direct number and was told that they will handle our baggage even if we don't have the baggage tags. we are arriving late on Friday evening and I am thinking that we may beat our luggage to the resort and I would rather not get my luggage after Ive got the kids off to sleep and us ready for bed for an early morning Saturday. thats why I am decided to toss in a change of clothes for everyone...besides there is always the chance that the airline will misplace our luggage...Delta did that to us on our trip last June...sort of Murpheys law for us I guess.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

cj2me said:
YOu may not have the opportunity to get the luggage from baggage claim. Supposedly your number will register in the computer and Disney will take it off the plane. I;m not to concerned about the clothes as much as all the incidentals my 2yr old may need.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Great saying there CJ!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom