Bad Pirates Experience

Tim G

dizryan said:
Build a bridge and get over it.
Keep it civilized, please... These kind of answers don't contribute... and could ruin the atmosphere in this thread...

** Scanner is Up! **

2055TS-ANIM.gif

goofyfan13

Corrus said:
Keep it civilized, please... These kind of answers don't contribute... and could ruin the atmosphere in this thread...

** Scanner is Up! **

2055TS-ANIM.gif

Man, I love that thing. Thanks Corrus. :wave:

The Mom

Premium Member
dizryan said:
"Terrible. Just terrible, and as for all the people who are telling you to 'build a bridge and get over it", I dont think they would be to happy if they were stuck on pirates listening to that gun shot go off every 5 seconds for an hour...."

"Every" is misspelled, and "to" in "to happy if they" is not spelled correctly either.

What's a math check? Make sure your little jab has a point.

I'm sorry; is there another way to spell "every?" :confused: I don't understand your correction.
If you're going to get nit-picky about things, at least make sure you're correcting a mistake. "Don't" is the word that's misspelled, if that sort of thing is so important to you. :animwink:

Swfewrmco

The Mom said:
I'm sorry; is there another way to spell "every?" :confused: I don't understand your correction.
If you're going to get nit-picky about things, at least make sure you're correcting a mistake. "Don't" is the word that's misspelled, if that sort of thing is so important to you. :animwink:

Check the original post, which I am sure has been corrected at this point.

Oh, and Mr. or Mrs. "sniff-sniff" misspelt "grammar".

The Mom

Premium Member
dizryan said:

QUOTE]

I was referring to what YOU quoted in YOUR post.

Please play nice. Or perhaps that isn't your style?

I agree that being stuck on a ride for an hour isn't the end of the world, but I would also be a bit annoyed if I were given neither an explanation nor an apology. It would be good customer service to receive both.

Pixie Duster

First - O Maley thank you for participating in the surveys, please answer them in whatever way you see fit, that is the point of them.
Second - voicing your concern on here may get some weight off your shoulders, but as you can see their are some people here who like to argue. So please take the time to write to...
guest communications
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Legacy

dizryan said:

Oh, and Mr. or Mrs. "sniff-sniff" misspelt "grammar".
There's no need to sniff; you're reeking troll now.

Look dude, it's simple: There is no reason for your nit-picking, get-over-it attitude here. No one is better than anybody else here. You are not the greatest speller in the world. You don't have the right slam someone because you view their unfortunate experience as slight or trivial. Obviously, the situation was disconcerning enough for the original poster to be mentioned. Therefore, it should be serious enough to be discussed. Don't think that because you don't care about what happened, no one should. The cast members here have already said that what happened was a serious breech in protocol. Now, if don't have anything productive to add to the discussion, leave your negative attitude out of this thread. If you are going to be insensitive to the bad experience somebody else had at Disney (which most everybody on these boards greatly enjoys), leave your negative attitude at the door. Thumber says it best...

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all."

(And don't try and get all Grammar-God on me... that's a quote from the movie."

Kopp8699

Treat others with respect and respect you shall gain. Play nice everyone. :wave:

Anyway, back on topic...

I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience, but you need to laugh it off. It could have been worse. As you said, you saw the fireworks the other night, albeit it was raining but you saw them lol. You shouldn't let an experience like this bother you in a way that it ruined your vacation or that your wife will never go on POTC again. Sometimes you just have to look back on things and laugh. Although, I do think Disney dropped the ball on this one by not apologizing for the delay.

P.S. I had a longer, nicer, better thought out response written up. I didn't want to get attacked by the grammar police so when trying to spell/grammar check it, I accidentally deleted it! lol :lol: :brick:

Sorry if it comes off kind of rude, it is not meant to be.

Tim G

Legacy said:
"And don't try and get all Grammar-God on me... that's a quote from the movie."
Hey... you're talking to me? you're talking talking to me???

I'm tha Gramer Got... My engelish is tha bast!! :zipit:

Swfewrmco

Legacy said:
Thumber says it best...

I guess Thumber has a point.

goofyfan13

Legacy said:
There's no need to sniff; you're reeking troll now.

Look dude, it's simple: There is no reason for your nit-picking, get-over-it attitude here. No one is better than anybody else here. You are not the greatest speller in the world. You don't have the right slam someone because you view their unfortunate experience as slight or trivial. Obviously, the situation was disconcerning enough for the original poster to be mentioned. Therefore, it should be serious enough to be discussed. Don't think that because you don't care about what happened, no one should. The cast members here have already said that what happened was a serious breech in protocol. Now, if don't have anything productive to add to the discussion, leave your negative attitude out of this thread. If you are going to be insensitive to the bad experience somebody else had at Disney (which most everybody on these boards greatly enjoys), leave your negative attitude at the door. Thumber says it best...

Well said Legacy! :sohappy: :sohappy:

GoofyFan1

It never ceases to amaze me at how some new people jump in with out testing the water first. Maybe you should lighten up a little dizryan. O'Malley was just reporting on something that happened. It was a big deal, not only to he and his wife, but the others trapped in the ride as well. On the other hand, while it would be great if we were all PhD's in spelling and grammar, most of us "ain't no english teechers." :lookaroun Relax.

O'Malley, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. While an hour out of your life may not seem like a long time, an hour out of a vaction you planned and saved for can sometimes make or break your trip. I would write to WDW and on my next trip get right back in line to ride Pirates. Hopefully you'll erase the bad memory with a new, better memory.

Legacy

Corrus said:
Hey... you're talking to me? you're talking talking to me???

I'm tha Gramer Got... My engelish is tha bast!! :zipit:
You misspelled 1... 2... 5... 7 words.

Oh wait, does that lower-cased "Y" in "you're" count as a mispelled word?

Do both of those lower-cased "y's" count?

dizryan... you seem smart... can you help me out?

Testtrack321

There are two sides to every story, what if there was a huge emergancy that needed the use of every cast member they have? Sure, I agree it was bad show, but I'd send a letter to Disney asking what happened.

dandaman

Just let it go, guys, with the spelling thing. Back to the topic at hand...
Have you called public relations about your less-than-great experience?

LoriMistress

That sucks what happend to you on your trip. But you guys had a lot of good memories. It's easier said than done, but don't try to make this one experience ruin your point of view with Disney. I would suggest writing them a letter about your experience. Maybe they will be able to explain what happened or maybe compensate (sp?) you for your next trip.

I haven't seen a grammar/spelling bee match on a message board in a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom