Bad Pirates Experience

Gail Hayden

jmaxwell007 said:
ok, little story. maybe i dont feel like it is acceptable, but im not going to let it ruin my day and leave all depressed becuase of one bad luck incident. and as for no CM addressing the crowd, maybe there was a situation were someone fell over board and they were all attending to that situation and was focused more on that then if dude in car #5 is tired of hearing "yo-ho".

my story is this, in 2000, on CoP, it broke down at the beginning of every scene. so by the end of the experience, we saw scene 1 4 times, scene 2 3times, scene 3 2times and the final once. yes, it was quite annoying singing "its a great big beautiful tomorrow" over and over, but we laughed it off and didnt let it ruin or day. never knew why, we just got this "please exit and refile in when the ride is reset".
We had a breakdown in Philharmagic and at least we were told that it was down and to come back later.

It probably would not have ruined my day, but, I do understand where the OP is coming from. I don't think, from the description, that it was handled very well.

I guess I believe in a simple apology. Like: "sorry folks, the ride went down and we do apologize for the inconvienance". It is so simple and it can make a a difference.

DarkMeasures

All I can say is that the CM posted for unloading is most definitly going to get fired. Or at least should. Isn't there a phone on the podium that can be used to report problems. But of course it looked like the podium broke which could be even bigger of a problem but you said that the CMs were talking on it.

Nicole

Sounds horrible - I am curious too as to what happened. I would echo the advice to write Disney about this. But I also think that next time you go to WDW you should ride Pirates FIRST - and replace the bad experience with a good one. It would be sad if a favorite ride became a least-favorite one because of a single event. Maybe there was an emergency, maybe someone was hurt and the CMs had to take care of that and didn't have time to tell the poor guy at the unloading area what was going on either. Don't let one bad hour override what I'm assuming was probably a fun vacation.

DisneyRoxMySox

Terrible. Just terrible, and as for all the people who are telling you to 'build a bridge and get over it", I dont think they would be to happy if they were stuck on pirates listening to that gun shot go off every 5 seconds for an hour....

Swfewrmco

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Terrible. Just terrible, and as for all the people who are telling you to 'build a bridge and get over it", I dont think they would be to happy if they were stuck on pirates listening to that gun shot go off evrey 5 seconds for an hour....

Yeah, what a horrible thing to have happen. How does one survive to live a full life after that happens?

Start building your bridge and hope that there is a grammar/spell checker on the other side.

Nemmy

(The Mummy ride is incredible)...

Ditto!

Man, that sucks! Did you ever find out the cause of the break down? I can't imagine being stuck on a ride for 65 minutes, but it's happened to people before...getting stuck upside-down. Ouch.

mikeymouse

StevenT said:
That is a real shame that that happened to you. Rides break down, I'm sure you know that, but I agree that it is not the best customer service to leave your park-goers stuck in a boat for an hour with no explanation or appology. I suggest you e-mail Disney about this situation and let them know. I don't have the e-mail but somebody does and I'm sure they'll post it.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

DisneyRoxMySox

dizryan said:
Yeah, what a horrible thing to have happen. How does one survive to live a full life after that happens?

Start building your bridge and hope that there is a grammar/spell checker on the other side.

I misspelled one word give me a break!

diz420

one more time...

I agree the only thing to do is ride it again and then have dinner and see the fireworks. You might even drop this story on a cm when your there next time? You might just get a little extra treatment for your bad ride...

goofyfan13

It is a bummer to hear that you had a bad experience. I hope that this doesn't effect future trips, events this bad happen very rarely, at least from what I've seen.

Captain Hank

This sort of thing should never have happened. Yes, there is no way that the cast members could have known that there would have been a problem. Yes, all cast members might have been needed to help with whatever happened. But, they definately should have realized that there were launched boats that weren't being unloaded (apparently quite a few). Couldn't one cast member take the few seconds to reassure the guests that the situation was being handled and that they hadn't been forgotten? Sure, it's not the "end of the world," but don't you think that the guests stuck in the attraction would have rather been doing something instead of being stuck?

What if some of those were first time guests? What sort of perception would they have of Disney show quality? What if some of those guests needed to meet up with their families somewhere in the park and didn't have a way to contact them? What if some of those guests had priority seating somewhere that they missed? Sure, in the grand scheme of things, these aren't big things. But, on a vacation, especially a Disney vacation, there is no reason that something like this should happen.

Bad show. Very bad show.

Swfewrmco

goofyfan13 said:
Actually, it was one word. Why don't you build a bridge and hope that there is a math check on the other side? :lol:

"Terrible. Just terrible, and as for all the people who are telling you to 'build a bridge and get over it", I dont think they would be to happy if they were stuck on pirates listening to that gun shot go off every 5 seconds for an hour...."

"Every" is misspelled, and "to" in "to happy if they" is not spelled correctly either.

What's a math check? Make sure your little jab has a point.

MicBat

Whoa!! This is unbelieveable!! Break down spiels are always a MUST and you definitely apologize when evacuating. The call should have been made much sooner to evac than an hour!... More like 15 minutes!!

Sorry to hear about your lousy experience. Hope you look into emailing or writing guest relations!

A little off topic, but a funny story... One of my best (or most memorable I guess I should say) Disney memory was when I got stuck on Horizons. The birthday scene! We had to have been stuck there for 10 minutes with the birthday loop going over and over. Good thing there was 3 loops, though! :lol:

goofyfan13

dizryan said:
"Terrible. Just terrible, and as for all the people who are telling you to 'build a bridge and get over it", I dont think they would be to happy if they were stuck on pirates listening to that gun shot go off every 5 seconds for an hour...."

"Every" is misspelled, and "to" in "to happy if they" is not spelled correctly either.

What's a math check? Make sure your little jab has a point.

I'm sorry my grammer isn't perfect either professor. :brick:

*sniff* *sniff* I smell troll.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom