Backlot Tour "addition"

Radok Block

So, I'm assuming that the "smile" is a sticker of some sort. There is no way they actually painted on this thing. In a few weeks when this thing tanks, critics destroy it, and they want to pretend it never existed, they can just remove the stuff and it's all gone, right?
Please tell me I'm right about this.

I'm really hoping it's just a decal too. Yuck.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's a joke right?

I'm all for self-promotion...it was one of the reasons Walt built Disneyland in the first place...to promote the movies etc....

But really? they slapped some eyes in the windows and drew a mouth on that plane??

Did anyone even try?...goodness...

I have heard from some very reliable sources that this has been in development at WDI for at least the past two years. ;)

ToTBellHop

Was Splinter an advocate for mediocrity?
That would be more these guys:

Bebop_and_Rocksteady.jpg

GrumpyFan

So, does anybody know if the spiel changed to go along with this "promotional change"?
Or, does it still refer to this as being the plane Walt used to tour the area prior to selecting the property?
I'm real curious how it's presented.

montyz81

AK_737_N318AS_LAX-1024x768.jpg
It probably would have been more cost effective to tie up with an airline and put something on a real plane. How are they going to advertise a movie on a ride that nobody goes on. That said, If it is decals, it isn't a big deal, they come off as easily as they went on. What I am really worried about is what they are going to do with that plane when the ride closes.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
This is interesting. The idea doesn't bother me in theory but these planes are supposed to be either Disney history or movie props. So do they change the script to make it for the new Planes movie "Hey it looks like one of our friends from Planes is making a visit" and just skip the history of it being Walt's plane? Or do they still do the normal script and have to pretend that it's not made over?

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is interesting. The idea doesn't bother me in theory but these planes are supposed to be either Disney history or movie props. So do they change the script to make it for the new Planes movie "Hey it looks like one of our friends from Planes is making a visit" and just skip the history of it being Walt's plane? Or do they still do the normal script and have to pretend that it's not made over?

Your post assumes someone with some brains thought this through before doing it..

dadddio

So, does anybody know if the spiel changed to go along with this "promotional change"?
Or, does it still refer to this as being the plane Walt used to tour the area prior to selecting the property?
I'm real curious how it's presented.
I think that that was a Beechcraft Queen Air, not the Gulfstream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom