Backlot Tour "addition"

GrumpyFan

I don't blame them for trying to promote the new movie, but I don't really care for that they tried to do it THIS way!

Why couldn't they set up an airplane hangar facade and have one or two of the characters there for a meet and greet?

Was there even a plane like this in the movie? Is this even close to anything resembling one of the characters from the movie? Really? Come on Disney, you can do better than this!!!

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
2fc08426e9c4b53f7db196f1722d4fb2.jpg

Poor George.

If this is the kind of crapola that passes as acceptable anymore then just call up the Smithsonian or Kermit over at Fantasy of Flight and let them have the damn thing. Either would do a right better job of displaying it properly.

Just can't believe that. How embarrassing.

RunnerFool

I think my previous post has gotten lost in the comments, but really, honestly, what is wrong with it? Walt wanted families to come together and enjoy his park. The kids would get a kick out of this! Yes, it may be corny, but HELLLOOOOO, it doesn't take much to make a little one smile! I mean, as a kid, I thought the mouse was REAL. Seeing a character IN THE FLESH makes a kid all warm and fuzzy inside. Isn't that what Walt wanted? They didn't tear the plane up. They didn't spray paint it. They didn't remove it. They simply added a cardboard cutout to the window to make it resemble a character that children are familiar with. Isn't it technically a "hidden Mickey" now? Gosh, you people are worse than the people that think PB&Js are racist!! If you are sick of the mouse, STOP GOING.

EDIT:: if you think THAT is bad, we have a freaking MONORAIL just sitting in the middle of no where!! Talk about disrespect to Disney. This thing has been sitting out in the open and getting sun faded. WHY ON EARTH DID TYRONE, GA FEEL IT NECESSARY TO BUY A MONORAIL??
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/24386

Scuttle

Haha haha Omg I seriously can't stop laughing at how ridiculous that looks. That's an embarrassment to the plane. That's the plane that Walt would actually get at the controls from time to time(the pilot would let him fly a little). Just unbelievable TDO way to go.

If people wonder why some of us are so critical of TDO is because of bone headed decisions like this are made all the time.

Last edited:

GrumpyFan

I think my previous post has gotten lost in the comments, but really, honestly, what is wrong with it? Walt wanted families to come together and enjoy his park. The kids would get a kick out of this! Yes, it may be corny, but HELLLOOOOO, it doesn't take much to make a little one smile! I mean, as a kid, I thought the mouse was REAL. Seeing a character IN THE FLESH makes a kid all warm and fuzzy inside. Isn't that what Walt wanted? They didn't tear the plane up. They didn't spray paint it. They didn't remove it. They simply added a cardboard cutout to the window to make it resemble a character that children are familiar with. Isn't it technically a "hidden Mickey" now? Gosh, you people are worse than the people that think PB&Js are racist!! If you are sick of the mouse, STOP GOING.

I don't think your post was lost, you're just in the minority here on your opinion.
What's wrong with it is that it's cheap, and maybe even a little insulting to what that particular plane means to WDW and it's fan base!
Disney can do better than this, if they want to. This is just a cheap, forced advertisement to try and get people to go see a movie. It's not a prop from the actual movie, nor does it represent any specific character that was in the movie.
I think what irritates so many of us is the fact that this is Disney on the cheap. Instead of them spending money to actually promote this the right way, they stick a sign in front of a historical feature and put cardboard signs in the windows to try and make it look like it's actually from the movie.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
So, I'm assuming that the "smile" is a sticker of some sort. There is no way they actually painted on this thing. In a few weeks when this thing tanks, critics destroy it, and they want to pretend it never existed, they can just remove the stuff and it's all gone, right?
Please tell me I'm right about this.

RunnerFool

I don't think your post was lost, you're just in the minority here on your opinion.
What's wrong with it is that it's cheap, and maybe even a little insulting to what that particular plane means to WDW and it's fan base!
Disney can do better than this, if they want to. This is just a cheap, forced advertisement to try and get people to go see a movie. It's not a prop from the actual movie, nor does it represent any specific character that was in the movie.
I think what irritates so many of us is the fact that this is Disney on the cheap. Instead of them spending money to actually promote this the right way, they stick a sign in front of a historical feature and put cardboard signs in the windows to try and make it look like it's actually from the movie.
That's what Disney is though. They are there for the profit and to make money. If the plane addition bothers you that much, you can take your money elsewhere. There are still plenty of people that want to go to Disney each year. A few sour people won't hurt their attendance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom