Backlot Tour "addition"

Sassagoula-Rvr

You have to give Pixar credit...
Fixed for you. I don't understand the obsession with this August release. It's not even made by Walt Disney Animation...it's from the people that brought you such fantastic offerings as Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World, The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea, Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, The Hunchback of Notre Dame II (they made that???), Atlantis: Milo's Return (wasn't the first one enough of a flop?), Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie, and Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams.

They certainly love the semicolon money...

Fixed for you. Disney Toon Studios...aka "Money Grab" Studios

I didn't realize this wasn't a Pixar production.

ToTBellHop

You have to give Pixar credit...

Fixed for you. Disney Toon Studios...aka "Money Grab" Studios

I didn't realize this wasn't a Pixar production.
It's very similar in purpose (and success rate) to MyMagic+. Perhaps they should rename it Walt Disney Feature Animation+.

The reason you didn't realize Planes wasn't Pixar is because Disney is being deceitful. "From the world above Cars" sounds a whole lot better than "From the production company that paid to market Cars" and a hell of a lot better than "From the folks who brought you The Hunchback of Notre Dame II."

Last edited:

GrumpyFan

The thought occurred to me last night that it might actually be Planes, but I dismissed it thinking Disney wouldn't put props from an animated movie back there, nor would they put any references to something that hasn't even released yet. I guess I missed that one big time.

I'll wait for the pics before I decide if I like it or not. However, I will say, In general, I'm not totally against this type of self-promoting by Disney, when it's done right and in the right setting.

ToTBellHop

The thought occurred to me last night that it might actually be Planes, but I dismissed it thinking Disney wouldn't put props from an animated movie back there, nor would they put any references to something that hasn't even released yet. I guess I missed that one big time.
How far before Sleeping Beauty's release did Sleeping Beauty Castle appear?

ToTBellHop

what 'props' do you put out from an animated movie? clay models?
wdw_pop_century_stock_10_by_disney_stock-d3dm9pb.png

JimboJones123

Between this and The Lone Ranger Courthouse, that is 2 movies represented BEFORE release. Now if only they could get the props out there about a monthe before release, they could rebuild the illusion of a viable studio instead of ghosttown studio. Plus, extra promotion may mean an extra few hundred thousand in ticket sales and later DVD sales. It would not kill Disney to have some pride in their product.

I'll wait for the pics before I decide if I like it or not. However, I will say, In general, I'm not totally against this type of self-promoting by Disney, when it's done right and in the right setting.
h

Between this and Te

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom