Backlot Tour "addition"

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Dusty at Pocono on Sunday.

944716_671234309560557_1276124049_n.jpg

Now see, that's cool....that's what you do.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
That's actually pretty cool!! Why isn't it at backlot!?

This was at the NASCAR race this past weekend. It went along with Jimmie Johnson's "Planes" paint scheme of the weekend.

jimmiejohnsonplanespoco.jpg

Helmet for the race.

555464_429260087188666_869750349_n.jpg

Jimmie Johnson also had a Monsters U car around when it was released. I for the record was not entertained by MU in the slightest. Planes was designed straight for DVD and nearly entirely redone for theatrical (From Emeryville friends). I feel I will enjoy Planes much more than I did Monsters.

5148.jpg

Soarin' Over Pgh

In response to the thought "Don't you think we might be ing on Walt's grave?" statement: I think the proper question is quickly becoming "Who the heck is this Walt guy people keep talking about?"

..."and why don't we tie this dead crow to his head?"

Seriously though, whoever posted that comment, you deserve the internets for the day. Best thing about this entire plane fiasco? The comments yall are making in this thread. Thanks for that.

The actual photos of the desecrated plane kinda gave me heartburn.

DisneyLeo18

Ok, I actually had to read up on said plane since I haven't been on the Backlot Tour in who knows how long.

quite ridiculous, but not surprised

JimboJones123

The elitist boards can complain all they want, but the fact is my shuttle was abuzz with excitment when we made our first run and nearly every camera was out to take pictures after the the canyon.

So, however upset posters may be, the guests were digging it up.

If that means upsetting web posters to increase guest satisfaction on a stale attraction... So be it.

JimboJones123

Bu hey, let's call others dumb to feel better about ourselves.
The elitist boards can complain all they want, but the fact is my shuttle was abuzz with excitment when we made our first run and nearly every camera was out to take pictures after the the canyon.

If that means upsetting web posters to increase guest satisfaction on a stale attraction... So be it.

devoy1701

and so continues the dumbing down of the average Disney guest, and the brand of Disney as a whole...

dadddio

Second and final point, some things deserve a bit of respect. From everything I've read over the years, Walt didn't have any too many sacred cows, so under his watch that plane may have never been parked there in the first place.
It certainly wouldn't have. The plane would have been disposed of just like the company's other planes were. Therefore, I'm not getting your point that the plane deserves respect simply because the company parked it there. In my opinion, dumping the plane in a theme park and letting it go to pot is the real travesty. This plane should have either been put in an actual museum where it could have been properly taken care of or it should have been simply disposed of.

Sticking a pair of eyes and a mouth on teh plane's carcass to promote a movie is actually kind of cute.

dadddio

In response to the thought "Don't you think we might be ing on Walt's grave?" statement: I think the proper question is quickly becoming "Who the heck is this Walt guy people keep talking about?"
I'm of the opinion that most people who throw around Walt's name don't realize that he wouldn't have supported their opinion. The fact is, Walt certainly might have stuck eyes and a smile on his plane to support a movie. He wouldn't, however, park a plane in a theme park and let it sit and rot there.

lebeau

I'm finding your avatar of a hillbilly mouse who sort of resembles Mickey but clearly isn't very appropriate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom