Backlot Tour "addition"

SirLink

Fixed for you. I don't understand the obsession with this August release. It's not even made by Walt Disney Animation...it's from the people that brought you such fantastic offerings as Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World, The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea, Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, The Hunchback of Notre Dame II (they made that???), Atlantis: Milo's Return (wasn't the first one enough of a flop?), Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie, and Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams.

They certainly love the semicolon...

It tested very well and seen as Cars is hot it'll rub off on this - especially internationally and bring the bacon home to make up for some poor releases so far.

vinnya1726

I'm anything but a "basher" the people that complain about how much of a better place Universal is are the "bashers"...

One time, during a presentation of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln...there were technical issues that led to his movement being jerky and etc. Walt got up in front of the theater of people leading up to the worlds fair, and apologized...saying that the show is cancelled until the issues are resolved...Walt was never one to sacrifice show quality for short term profit...even if it meant suffering in the short term...And that anecdote is from the book "Disney U".

It upsets me when I see the company that was founded on the principle of quality and service above all else...falter from those standards...

So very true...the only thing is Walt was running a company at a much different time, with little or no competition. Times are different, companies operate differently...We all may not agree, but we do have to come to the realization that these are not the 1950's or 1960's anymore, it is not even the 1980's, these corporations are run much differently including Disney. Yes it is sad that people's perspectives of Disney's quality and service has gone done, I would say that is true for everything these day's, service and quality mean very little to most people today.

Sassagoula-Rvr

cars_2_-_crabby_2.jpg

I threw together something with this picture tonight after work that I'm pretty proud of...but can't figure out how to upload it...bummer.

magicallactose

It tested very well and seen as Cars is hot it'll rub off on this - especially internationally and bring the bacon home to make up for some poor releases so far.

Yep, and even if this movie is the worst stinker on earth, I'm sure it will become a well-spring of merchandising sales for Disney. Kids have always loved playing with toy vehicles. Slap a face on it, and you have gold. This is why Cars merchandise flies off the shelf.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Doesn't this sound like the scenario where the new guy comes into the company... has no idea what-so-ever about what you do or why things are... and then goes onto commit the 'unthinkable' acts?

The guy that blows out the 'eternal flame'
The guy that cuts down the 'founder tree'
The guy that washes the dirt out of the shirt that was being preserved
etc

FigmentJedi

Wow, talk about something that screams CHEAP! They're going to add smiley faces to world war 2 planes which depict one of the greatest tragedies in U.S. history...how amazingly thoughtful of them :banghead:
But they're planes from a crappy Michael Bay movie that failed miserably to depict one of the greatest tragedies in US History. I don't know if there's anything dignified about them at this point.

dadddio

Yep, and even if this movie is the worst stinker on earth, I'm sure it will become a well-spring of merchandising sales for Disney. Kids have always loved playing with toy vehicles. Slap a face on it, and you have gold. This is why Cars merchandise flies off the shelf.
It doesn't hurt that the movie is very popular.

dadddio

Wow, talk about something that screams CHEAP! They're going to add smiley faces to world war 2 planes which depict one of the greatest tragedies in U.S. history...how amazingly thoughtful of them :banghead:
Ummm. Those planes are movie props. They are not put in view so that we can ponder the tragedy that was WWII.

I think that people are working just a bit too hard at being upset over every decision that the company makes.

dadddio

Doesn't this sound like the scenario where the new guy comes into the company... has no idea what-so-ever about what you do or why things are... and then goes onto commit the 'unthinkable' acts?

The guy that blows out the 'eternal flame'
The guy that cuts down the 'founder tree'
The guy that washes the dirt out of the shirt that was being preserved
etc
I know. How dare that guy wash the rusting relic of a plane and then add eyeballs and a smile so that it is reflective of a current movie. The nerve of some people.

dadddio

Yet you seem to defend absolutely every move, like a few dozen other new posters here in the past few weeks, pretty interesting.
'Every move'? I commented that I think that the decorating of the plane is cool and I have weighed in on the FP+ issue. Regarding FP+/MM+, I haven't really given much of my own opinion. I've mostly just commented on how the statements of a few people seem to be contrary to what the company has officially released or what is stated in the T&C.

I guess to some people, anyone that isn't railing against every decision the company makes must be a blind supporter. Whatever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom