Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

GiveMeTheMusic

So one of the vlogs I watched (can’t remember which one at the moment) mentions the possibility that the ride system for the new Avengers attraction could be the ride system they re using for Peter Pans new ride at Disney Sea. I believe @GiveMeTheMusic said it was going to be some type of indoor Ferris Wheel which is confusing but also intriguing. Would definitely prefer something unique to what looks like something more akin to Transformers. Anyway judging by the concept art I wouldn’t hold my breath for some new ride system. Especially not whatever they re using for Peter Pan Japan. Definitely looks like they scaled back from the Quinjet ride and scaling back typically doesn’t mean using some other new ride system.

Sorry, I was definitely joking about the ferris wheel thing. 😅 The Peter Pan ride system is a motion base vehicle and the big walls on it are to restrict sight lines for screen scenes. It could definitely be used for Avengers!

mickEblu

Sorry, I was definitely joking about the ferris wheel thing. 😅 The Peter Pan ride system is a motion base vehicle and the big walls on it are to restrict sight lines for screen scenes. It could definitely be used for Avengers!

Lol! Was I the only one that thought you were being serious?

haha ok that makes more sense now. What makes Peter Pan Japans ride system different than Transformers? Isn't what you described pretty much Transformers?

yensidtlaw1969

Is it true that the ride starts with the vehicles on water? I thought I read somewhere that you board them as a "boat" that then "flies" up out of the water into the "sky" . . .

GiveMeTheMusic

Lol! Was I the only one that thought you were being serious?

haha ok that makes more sense now. What makes Peter Pan Japans ride system different than Transformers? Isn't what you described pretty much Transformers?

No you weren't! Which means it wasn't very good satire! :hilarious:

I can't get anyone to tell me if it's trackless or not, so if it isn't, it would indeed be a similar ride system to Transformers/Spider-Man.

mickEblu

No you weren't! Which means it wasn't very good satire! :hilarious:

I can't get anyone to tell me if it's trackless or not, so if it isn't, it would indeed be a similar ride system to Transformers/Spider-Man.

If trackless, would it be the first of its kind? So it would be like a trackless Indy with more screens and less sets I’m guessing?

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

You don't need water to create that illusion.
True - I was just getting the impression that there might be and was looking confirm or deny. Thanks!

Of all the Disney projects in development around the world, this Peter Pan ride is high on the list of ones that most interest me. That they've kept so much secret only increases that curiosity. So feel free to spill whatever you want whenever you want 😜

Californian Elitist

This E-ticket ride probably will take 5+ years to open. Crazy that had things not gone array, we would have likely been riding the original E-ticket that was announced in maybe a year or two.

I’m really hoping this delivers and I hope they come up with a new ride system. Given that no concrete plans have been announced yet, with the exception of grandpa Thanos (he’s got the Marvel creatives in a chokehold) and the multiverse, I’m curious if the ride vehicle in the concept art is simply Blue Sky and not necessarily what they have planned.

Honestly, I’m not mad that we’re not going to Wakanda anymore. That idea was always weird to me, but it’s too bad we never got any more information on the original plans other than what was shared at the 2019 Expo before it was scrapped.

mickEblu

This E-ticket ride probably will take 5+ years to open. Crazy that had things not gone array, we would have likely been riding the original E-ticket that was announced in maybe a year or two.

I’m really hoping this delivers and I hope they come up with a new ride system. Given that no concrete plans have been announced yet, with the exception of grandpa Thanos (he’s got the Marvel creatives in a chokehold) and the multiverse, I’m curious if the ride vehicle in the concept art is simply Blue Sky and not necessarily what they have planned.

Honestly, I’m not mad that we’re not going to Wakanda anymore. That idea was always weird to me, but it’s too bad we never got any more information on the original plans other than what was shared at the 2019 Expo before it was scrapped.

I think it was supposed to open in 2022 or 23. So we would have been riding this year of next if I’m not mistaken.

Although it would be a welcome addition, Marvel Transformers wouldn’t really excite me.

On another note I drove back from SD yesterday and there are like 3 billboards off the 5 showcasing none other than Plaza De La Familia at DCA. For a meet n greet and tiny little puppet show. Seems like they know they have a huge market for Coco. Just announce the ride already.

Californian Elitist

I think it was supposed to open in 2022 or 23. So we would have been riding this year of next if I’m not mistaken.

Although it would be a welcome addition, Marvel Transformers wouldn’t really excite me.

On another note I drove back from SD yesterday and there are like 3 billboards off the 5 showcasing none other than Plaza De La Familia at DCA. For a meet n greet and tiny little puppet show. Seems like they know they have a huge market for Coco. Just announce the ride already.
I’m also not interested in another simulator. Hopefully, this isn’t that. I watched a video a video to try and get an answer to who that Spider-Man was before I actually got the answer, and the person narrating the video kept calling the ride a roller coaster. While this is possible, we don’t know what it will be.

Since Disney has exactly 0 interest in creating an attraction based on real Mexican history and heritage for the park, I would be up for a Coco ride, depending on what it was.

Consumer

I wish DCA had a land dedicated to Spanish California, mostly just because I want a Zorro coaster and stunt show, but its success would be guaranteed with the Mexican demographics of Southern California, especially if a Coco boat ride was present. It's a shame the entire park was so horribly laid out and so much space is wasted.

mickEblu

I wish DCA had a land dedicated to Spanish California, mostly just because I want a Zorro coaster and stunt show, but its success would be guaranteed with the Mexican demographics of Southern California, especially if a Coco boat ride was present. It's a shame the entire park was so horribly laid out and so much space is wasted.

I agree but it’s ok I’ll gladly sacrifice Avengers Campus and the Hollywood backlot

Californian Elitist

Put it in the sad excuse for space that is Hollywood Land.

J4546

If they changed mermaid to a coco ride and themed that side of the pier to Spanish Town coco, that'd be chill

Consumer

DCA really does have potential as a theme park and I don't care what anybody says. You have the lands that already exist/have existed, such as Sunshine Plaza, Buena Vista Street, Hollywoodland, Bountiful Valley Farm, Carland, Paradise Pier, Pacific Wharf, and Grizzly Peak. On top of that you have the obvious additions, such as Spanish California, San Francisco, Chinatown. Then even more, there's the more fantastical ideas relating to California, such as Discovery Bay or a land dedicated to the Island of California myth.

Instead we have Avenger's Campus.

mickEblu

DCA really does have potential as a theme park and I don't care what anybody says. You have the lands that already exist/have existed, such as Sunshine Plaza, Buena Vista Street, Hollywoodland, Bountiful Valley Farm, Carland, Paradise Pier, Pacific Wharf, and Grizzly Peak. On top of that you have the obvious additions, such as Spanish California, San Francisco, Chinatown. Then even more, there's the more fantastical ideas relating to California, such as Discovery Bay or a land dedicated to the Island of California myth.

Instead we have Avenger's Campus.

Agree. The problem is it’s gone backwards since 2016. It’s a great park to park hop to 100 feet away from Disneyland. Without a park hopper though it feels lacking and I don’t think it has enough to do to be considered a full day park for the average family especially if you happen to have a grandma or a child under 40 inches with you.

With that said I enjoy Grizzly Peak, Cars Land and BVS very much. Not to mention the energy of the Pier. Especially at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom