Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

mickEblu

Lets not jump to conclusions here, there isn't any details and so we don't even know anything other than a vague story.

It could be some trackless screen based attraction, or a coaster, or even the QuinJet style attraction previously announced.

It’s definitely not the original Quinjet ride if you want to go off the concept art. If you are insinuating that the art doesn’t mean anything, is Purposely vague and they don’t know what they re doing yet so the original proposed Quinjet is still possible then maybe.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It’s definitely not the original Quinjet ride if you want to go off the concept art. If you are insinuating that the art doesn’t mean anything, is Purposely vague and they don’t know what they re doing yet so the original proposed Quinjet is still possible then maybe.
No, what I'm saying is that the concept art doesn't have any information about the ride system nor does the announcement description.

And yes it could still be the Quinjet ride system, but with a different story. That is what I was saying, not that its the same Quinjet attraction but that it could still be using the same ride system they were planning for the Quinjet over Wakanda attraction.

Point is that we can't say its like Transformers, or Simpsons, or some no thrill entire family attraction. There is too little information to conclude any of that.

Brer Oswald

I prefer the creative direction of this ride as opposed to the original presented one. I think it seems to understand the target audience a lot better than anything else in the land (it’s character driven above all else). The main villain is a souped up version of one of the most famous Marvel villains.

If the ride system needs to be more traditional in order to deliver a more creatively interesting narrative, so be it. I think this was the only thing announced in the presentation that shows any promise.

mickEblu

No, what I'm saying is that the concept art doesn't have any information about the ride system nor does the announcement description.

And yes it could still be the Quinjet ride system, but with a different story.

Point is that we can't say its like Transformers, or Simpsons, or some no thrill entire family attraction. There is too little information to conclude any of that.

I said that’s what it “looks like.” It looks less ambitious than the Quinjet ride. However you want to chop it up.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I said that’s what it “looks like.” It looks less ambitious than the Quinjet ride. However you want to chop it up.
Maybe, maybe not. I get that is your impression but to me there is no telling just from this specific concept art. For all we know this is going to be more ambitious than the Quinjet ride because the story is larger in scope.

All I was saying is lets take a beat.

mickEblu

Maybe, maybe not. I get that is your impression but to me there is no telling just from this specific concept art. For all we know this is going to be more ambitious than the Quinjet ride because the story is larger in scope.

All I was saying is lets take a beat.

For me it looks like "no mans land." Meaning not a fun coaster and not something unique or ambitious.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

DCBaker

Premium Member
Well hopefully they prove you wrong here.

Also don't know how true their reporting is, but comicbook news is reporting it still the Quinjet attraction:

From OCR -

"A Marvel Multiverse E-ticket attraction based on a new ride system planned for DCA’s Avengers Campus will be completely different from a Quinjet attraction announced with much fanfare during the 2019 D23 Expo.

Walt Disney Imagineering went “back to the drawing board” to develop an “entirely new concept” for the latest version of the Avengers attraction where Marvel superheroes will battle the King Thanos villain, according to D’Amaro."

mickEblu

I prefer the creative direction of this ride as opposed to the original presented one. I think it seems to understand the target audience a lot better than anything else in the land (it’s character driven above all else). The main villain is a souped up version of one of the most famous Marvel villains.

If the ride system needs to be more traditional in order to deliver a more creatively interesting narrative, so be it. I think this was the only thing announced in the presentation that shows any promise.

I agree as far as the content. Not so much for the ride system. But again that Art is very vague. You could make a case for it be being a simulator, a coaster, a boat or a trackless vehicle.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
From OCR -

"A Marvel Multiverse E-ticket attraction based on a new ride system planned for DCA’s Avengers Campus will be completely different from a Quinjet attraction announced with much fanfare during the 2019 D23 Expo.

Walt Disney Imagineering went “back to the drawing board” to develop an “entirely new concept” for the latest version of the Avengers attraction where Marvel superheroes will battle the King Thanos villain, according to D’Amaro."

Yeah that is why I said I don't know how true their reporting is, like if they made assumptions.

Who knows what the ride system will be.

Also the article is also meant for those that don't know who King Thanos is in Marvel stories. :)

waltography

I agree as far as the content. Not so much for the ride system. But again that Art is very vague. You could make a case for it be being a simulator, a coaster, a boat or a trackless vehicle.
I will say as a vote for the trackless vehicle that it looks an awful lot like Rise's seating configuration + the verbiage of a family attraction makes it sounds like this ride is less on physical thrills as it is experiential (which oddly enough is sorely needed in DCA, as much as I'd prefer a coaster).

mickEblu

I will say as a vote for the trackless vehicle that it looks an awful lot like Rise's seating configuration + the verbiage of a family attraction makes it sounds like this ride is less on physical thrills as it is experiential (which oddly enough is sorely needed in DCA, as much as I'd prefer a coaster).

The park does need something like that but from a resort perspective a Less ambitious Marvel version of ROTR isn’t doing it for me.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'm sure it's a total coincidence they went with this creative storytelling choice and not at all a commentary from Imagineering.

1662950348821.png

1662950373187.png
1662950390746.png
1662950493047.png

Kyle’s Dad Sent Me

My guess based on that seat configuration is a ROTR-style ride. I'd bet on a trackless dark ride with a few good permanent AAs (a big AA Thanos seems inevitable) mixed with giant Ratatouille screens where the heroes can be rotated out with new movie releases. I honestly think I prefer that to a Soarin/FOP 3.0, even if the plane drop was going to be impressive. Now let's see if they ever build it...

BrianLo

Does anyone at D23 actually boo these announcements? Or do they just gush over them like an iphone 14 announcement?

Someone boo'd very loudly and continuously at Zootopia. There were a lot of groans from other dissenters. Frankly the "Booer" was extremely obnoxious.

BrianLo

Ya I've stared at it more. It certainly isn't a coaster and it certainly isn't Simpsons / IoA Spiderman (the sides of the ride vehicle would need to be raised).

I kind of think it's trackless as well and also picture Rise/Ratatouille. They probably can bank roll it on the back of ILL money if it's good. I don't think Radiator Spings Racers is selling consistently. The attraction mix with Spiderman and Guardians Tower would make sense.

I also honestly wonder if the QuinJet Attraction was side-barred in part (which was supposed to take place in Wakanda) because they want to eventually build Wakanda.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
My guess based on that seat configuration is a ROTR-style ride. I'd bet on a trackless dark ride with a few good permanent AAs (a big AA Thanos seems inevitable) mixed with giant Ratatouille screens where the heroes can be rotated out with new movie releases. I honestly think I prefer that to a Soarin/FOP 3.0, even if the plane drop was going to be impressive. Now let's see if they ever build it...
This was exactly my thought too. Basically a Universal Spider-Man attraction, but trackless and a bit more tame (for families), with a mix of physical sets and screens.

I also think the use of King Thanos is totally lazy. Thanos' storyline was completed in the last phase and he's gone (at least in Earth-616 universe), so using the multiverse to fall back on an old and familiar villain seems lazy. I thought that this next phase was supposed to be setting up Kang the Conqueror as the new baddy. He's supposed to be featured in the next Ant Man movie. Is he not really the next major villain or do they already think that he won't be as popular as Thanos? Either way, the Marvel universe has many villains and I still think falling back on Thanos again is lazy, even if he's from a different universe.

J4546

Whatever it is, i hope more details are released soon. Im really happy to see AC get its major E-Ticket, that will really help the land greatly. If this ride is great (and i have no reason to think it wont be) then CA as a whole will greatly improved, giving it a major trackless darkride. Hopefully they do the Hollywood land expansion/parking structure/footbridge project next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom