Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

Disney Analyst

I still think it would have been a cool and interesting experience, but agree, not to mention probably better capacity too.

I mean, I know it would have been VERY cool, and something I could have enjoyed immensely.

But I hate that some of these amazing new attractions end up shunning a lot of people, due to motion sickness, or lack of body inclusivity. Forbidden Journey is one of my favourite attractions, but a lot of people cannot enjoy it.

So a more inclusive ride, hopefully just as immersive and cool, works for me. AC already has a major thrill ride in Mission Breakout.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Instead, we get a Guardian drop tower with screens and no practical effects or action and a Ghost Galaxy 2.0 projection coaster with a moon as the only practical element.
A Doctor Strange drop tower with a distinctive and beautiful Winchester Victorian-style facade was such a miss, especially considering the paranormal and mystical lore of the Winchester Mystery House and its location in Silicon Valley, the general theme of Avengers Campus.

Professortango1

Both Guardian rides are easily some of the most fun I've ever had on a ride.
They are okay. Physically thrilling but lacking any practical elements for me to latch onto. Tower of Terror with Screens and Space Mountain with Screens. I'd love to join the Guardians for an adventure where it feels like I'm part of the story rather than bouncing around watching/listening to them. The writing on both the Guardians attractions is pretty bad.

Consumer

They are okay. Physically thrilling but lacking any practical elements for me to latch onto. Tower of Terror with Screens and Space Mountain with Screens. I'd love to join the Guardians for an adventure where it feels like I'm part of the story rather than bouncing around watching/listening to them. The writing on both the Guardians attractions is pretty bad.
Theme parks is not a character focused story telling medium. Both attractions for Guardians have relied on the characters as the crux of the story. Theme parks are an environment focused story telling medium. An ideal Guardians attraction would have Rocket taking guests through the cosmos of the MCU, visiting weird alien worlds. Unless they want to move Star Tours to Galaxy's Edge (which I would love), I do think a Guardians simulator would be the ideal replacement.

xmfreak86

So random question/thought, are we thinking the queue for Infinity Defense will also snake through Stark Flight Lab?? It would certainly add on to the story and be a first in terms of adding kinetic energy to a rides queue by having you walk by another ride featuring the same character…

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So random question/thought, are we thinking the queue for Infinity Defense will also snake through Stark Flight Lab?? It would certainly add on to the story and be a first in terms of adding kinetic energy to a rides queue by having you walk by another ride featuring the same character…
Based on the concept art it appears that at least guests would pass by it on their way to Infinity Defense. As for whether the actual queue will snake past it, we'll have to wait and see.

MK-fan

It’s a shame that DCA won’t be gaining a new attraction for its 25th anniversary but then again, it’s never celebrated any of its anniversaries. Not even the 10th or 20th, I’ll even settle for the updated version of country Bear Jamboree in Grizzly Peak.

People on social media seem to think that Avengers Infinity Defense can open as early as 2026 which would be the 25th anniversary but I think that’s highly optimistic.

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

It’s a shame that DCA won’t be gaining a new attraction for its 25th anniversary but then again, it’s never celebrated any of its anniversaries. Not even the 10th or 20th, ill even settle for the updated version of country Bear Jamboree in Grizzly Peak.
Maybe for the 30th in 2031, they can do the first phase of whatever is planned for the Simba lot.

Gusey

I wonder if they could get Stark Flight Lab open for 2026, as it seems to be the more simpler of the 2 attractions?

truecoat

I haven't seen anyone mention this but is this the pathway to Carsland or will it be eliminated?

Avengersland to Carsland.jpg

mickEblu

So how do we think this new Avengers building will impact sight lines from Cars Land. Particularly from the Luigi ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom