Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That would be nice. Having a hard time visualizing. This building looks much shorter than the Quinjet building which is good.
If the Quinjet building is not seen from inside Cars Land, then it would stand to reason that the show building wouldn't be visible either if its shorter.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I meant the Quinjet ride show building from the old concept art
Nonetheless, I don't see it going to be looming over Cars Land. And as pointed out in this thread before, they can always dig down and put the show building underground if they need to ensure sightlines aren't affected from Cars Land.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
They will probably just fill in the red box area with more trees or a wall (or raise the current wall) and call it a day.

1723842447115.png

TragicMike

Since it looks like Wakanda is going to be on the table for Disneyland Forward. I wonder if we will see the scrapped E-ticket Avengers attraction there in a couple years when they can master the technology for a high capacity attraction. IIRC the original Avengers E-Ticket took place in a battle for Wakanda.

Gusey

Since it looks like Wakanda is going to be on the table for Disneyland Forward. I wonder if we will see the scrapped E-ticket Avengers attraction there in a couple years when they can master the technology for a high capacity attraction. IIRC the original Avengers E-Ticket took place in a battle for Wakanda.
Avengers Infinity Defense will have a scene set in Wakanda, like the Quinjet did:
1723924600902.png

CraftyFox

A Doctor Strange drop tower with a distinctive and beautiful Winchester Victorian-style facade was such a miss, especially considering the paranormal and mystical lore of the Winchester Mystery House and its location in Silicon Valley, the general theme of Avengers Campus.
This would be such a fitting replacement. The Winchester Mystery House + Doctor Strange would be a great fit for the ride system as well as the park’s theme. Plus, Victorian Queen Anne architecture always feels so “Disney” to me (see Main Street, the Grand Floridian, some of the Frontierland facades, the Skipper Canteen, etc…)

mickEblu

They will probably just fill in the red box area with more trees or a wall (or raise the current wall) and call it a day.

View attachment 809889

Wow thats a pretty short building unless they plan on going underground a bit. Between them finding room for Stark Flight Lab (which may be negligible) and the size of the show building my expectations have gone down even more. Good for sight lines, underwhelming for ride? Makes me think more Transformers and less Soarin-esque sized screen facing pods as someone else described. Although, I don’t know the size of the Pan building in Tokyo. Maybe it’s possible to still pull off an Avengers ride that feels big and exhilarating but my confidence isn’t high.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wow thats a pretty short building unless they plan on going underground a bit. Between them finding room for Stark Flight Lab (which may be negligible) and the size of the show building my expectations have gone down even more. Good for sight lines, underwhelming for ride? Makes me think more Transformers and less Soarin-esque sized screen facing pods as someone else described. Although, I don’t know the size of the Pan building in Tokyo. Maybe it’s possible to still pull off an Avengers ride that feels big and exhilarating but my confidence isn’t high.
Whey do you consider that a short building? That red area in the pic is not indicative of the actual building height.

The Admin building behind Luigi's is already a two story building. And its about the same height as the facade to the Avengers HQ. So if we base it on the concept art the show building was about 3 stories, give or take. Which is just above the Avengers HQ and Admin building behind Luigi's. The red area is just to show where they can fill in with tree if needed. But I think they can even theme that side of the building to fit in with Luigi's.

Also as far as I know that 3ish stories is about the same size as most show buildings at DLR. So even if they have to go underground slightly, something that we've talked about many times before, I think it'll be plenty big enough to house a good sized attraction that'll feel big and exhilarating. Because if they can fit most of your favorite attractions in a show building of a similar size I don't see why they can't do the same here.

MK-fan

from what I've read, the optimistic plan is for Infinity Defense to open in 2026 and SFL to open a year or so later.
No doubt they are gonna film the scenes with the actors when they begin filming Avengers Doomsday in Spring 2025, kill two birds with with stone you know. I just don’t see it opening a year later, of course the scenes will be done by 2026, but it’s hard to picture the building and show scenes (if any) being done by then.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

No doubt they are gonna film the scenes with the actors when they begin filming Avengers Doomsday in Spring 2025, kill two birds with with stone you know. I just don’t see it opening a year later, of course the scenes will be done by 2026, but it’s hard to picture the building and show scenes (if any) being done by then.
At the very least get Infinity Defense up by early 2027. Think Jan/Feb.

CaptinEO

So what’s the deal with the Stark Flight Lab ride? Will there be screens on the ceiling?
From the artwork its just an arm the spins you around in an open room/loading area, like a fair/carnival ride. I don't think you even leave this room.

You load in a chair in the top right corner, then go down the line and wait for the arm to pick you up and it will spin you for a few minutes then drop you off to the unloading side and pick up the next people.

1724179111877.jpeg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
From the artwork its just an arm the spins you around in an open room/loading area, like a fair/carnival ride. I don't think you even leave this room.

You load in a chair in the top right corner, then go down the line and wait for the arm to pick you up and it will spin you for a few minutes then drop you off to the unloading side and pick up the next people.

View attachment 810790
Given that they mention reride-ability with different heros and different ride profiles I would have to assume that comes into play as you move down the line from the loading area to the arms. So maybe they give different scenes via screens/audio as you go down the track waiting to be picked up by the arms. In the concept art you have some of the riders pointing at the screen in front of them along the track, so I think this will be the case.

britain

The arms stay put. The “Hero Profiles” are just in the various ways the arms swing you - there’s probably some specific hero audio to go with it. That’s all.

But I love it this way. It is literally Tony Stark’s Teacups, but it’s slick and technologically sophisticated rather than carny.

I think I’m more excited about this than Infinity Defense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom