Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

MLevell

It's interesting that there is nothing obviously Multiverse-y in the new concept art compared to the 2022 one which had Live Action Spider-Man and Animated Spider-Man and both Captain Americas with Captain Carter. This seems to be just using portals to jump from location to location within the main universe.

BrianLo

Definitely seems less ambitious and less unique.

If Indy is still a better attraction then they’ve lost. (Indy and Spider-Man are the 2 gold standards for themed thrill rides - that era is sadly gone I think.

Well, relatively good news for you. This is the same project lead of Spider-Man at Universal. I’d personally qualify Rise as another gold standard for a traveling ‘thrill’ dark ride, which was also Scott Trowbridge.

I’d be surprised if this ride was a total let down for you, if you consider Spiderman that highly. This is the one type he’s quite experienced with.

TrainsOfDisney

Well, relatively good news for you. This is the same ride designer of Spider-Man at Universal. I’d personally qualify Rise as another gold standard for a traveling ‘thrill’ dark ride, which was also Scott Trowbridge.

I’d be surprised if this ride was a total let down for you, if you consider Spiderman that highly.
I’m familiar with Scott :) haha. Rise is very tricky to rate because the entire experience as a whole is very impressive - but if I’m focusing on the actual ride itself - spider-man and Indy both beat it big time.

I think Indy still beats out rise over all - and would definitely if it was paced the same way with CM’s in character etc

Last edited:

BrianLo

It's interesting that there is nothing obviously Multiverse-y in the new concept art compared to the 2022 one which had Live Action Spider-Man and Animated Spider-Man and both Captain Americas with Captain Carter. This seems to be just using portals to jump from location to location within the main universe.

Good point. I’d still really like that to feature. One cartoon realm scene and one alternate MCU earth. King Thanos is there so I’m not entirely sure that conceit is dead.

BrianLo

I’m familiar with Scott :) haha. Rise is very tricky to rate because the entire experience as a whole is very impressive - but if I’m focusing on the actual ride itself - spider-man and Indy both beat it big time.

I think Indy still beats out rise over all - and would definitely if it was paced the same way with imagineers in character etc

Agreed, I frequently say Rise is the best “attraction” in the world. The Best Ride is a different matter. That I might currently say is Shanghai’s Pirates, which has very little proceeding attraction to get in the way of that judgement call.

Which I guess also is sort of a thrilling adjacent dark ride that I forgot about. Disneyland resort may have the full gamut now that they are stealing scoop.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Technically, it’s phase 3!

Avengers Campus was alluded to at D23 2017… despite Mission Breakout already being open. They also had an Avengers logo/sewer covering on the cement at MB’s opening.
Well since MB was just a reskin, I think we count the project when AC officially opened. But nonetheless its the first time in recent history that we've gotten the promised next phase of a project. So many were sure the Avengers E-Ticket was cancelled, and look we not only have one but two new attractions for this next phase.

BrianLo

Well since MB was just a reskin, I think we count the project when AC official opened. But nonetheless its the first time in recent history that we've gotta the promised next phase of a project. So many were sure the Avengers E-Ticket was cancelled, and look we not only have one but two new attractions for this next phase.

Biggest surprises for me that are getting washed away by the WDW noise. The unexpected 4th attraction and then Hong Kong going for its own completely separate attraction.

The ‘MCU’ theme park universe is suddenly shockingly robust. I wouldn’t rate it currently on the level of Potter. None of the lands have that level of secret sauce. Even though its attraction roster may be overtaking it. But I still want Wakanda.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Biggest surprises for me that are getting washed away by the WDW noise. The unexpected 4th attraction and then Hong Kong going for its own completely separate attraction.

The ‘MCU’ theme park universe is suddenly shockingly robust. I wouldn’t rate it currently on the level of Potter. None of the lands have that level of secret sauce. Even though its attraction roster may be overtaking it. But I still want Wakanda.
I'm hoping Wakanda is coming in DLForward, it was hinted at in the concept art so they were at least thinking about it.

TimeDuck

I've been waiting for my MCU E ticket since Disney acquired the company so I won't complain, but they really need to put shovels in the ground before I get my hopes up. We've been here many times before.

I'll withhold judgement until I get to ride Pan later this year, but I'm exhausted by the world's most popular franchise being relegated to only screen based rides. Please - build some animatronics. That's all I want. (I don't count the one in Paris both because the ride is terrible but also because the animatronic was just completely shut off and standing still when we went, not even a B mode- like someone just forgot it existed).

On the bright side, I'm so proud of them for giving Hong Kong it's own original MCU attraction and I can't wait to see the Shanghai one.

Based on the D23 show floor, I was genuinely convinced that the queue for this multiverse ride was going to be based on the TVA from Loki, which would have been a slam dunk home run.

Disney Analyst

Didn’t think of this, but this is probably correct. I bet this was the initial ride system plan, that got cut, so they decided to still use the developed ride vehicle in some way.

The initial idea was that you’d board a quinjet in a big group, and somehow break off and jet pack out. Makes sense now, having a Kuka arm that could attach to a pod of vehicles.

truecoat

I wouldn't think this would include VR otherwise they would have likely mentioned it like "and using the new Stark headset technology it allows you to see into Tony's world" or something like that.

Concerning Stark Flight Labs...

Scott Trowbridge said, "you're gonna want to try this multiple times because you might just get a chance to run different test flights with different heroes."

I wonder how this works. Is it just hero introductions and different moves by the robot?

truecoat

Again, I love Marvel. I do.

But are Iron Man & Spider-Man the ONLY characters available to base rides off of?

DLP Flight Force is practically an Iron Man ride.
HK Iron Man Experience
DCA Stark Flight Lab

Spider-Man at DCA, DLP, HKDL, & SDL.

I still hate the name Avengers Campus. I feel like it'll never truly be a "Marvel Land" with that name. Not every character is an Avenger, it just doesn't work for me.

That's all.

When you pay RDJ 50 million dollars plus back end to star in two new Avengers movies and he's in the new rides (contract rider?), I guess you take advantage of it.

MLevell

Scott Trowbridge said, "you're gonna want to try this multiple times because you might just get a chance to run different test flights with different heroes."

I wonder how this works. Is it just hero introductions and different moves by the robot?

I'm imagining there will be speakers in the headrest and they will get a couple of the Avengers cast (Downey, Mark Ruffallo, Brie Larson, Paul Rudd) to record a little audio bit like they are talking to us over the radio from a control panel in the next room (Maybe we even pass by a 'window' at the beginning and see them) and each speech will be a little different according to their character but all accomplishing the same thing; "Alright Tony said we need to test these need extraction seats, thanks for helping with that by the way, now let's see what does this button do? Oh no too far too far!! Are you alright out there?"

Professortango1

Again, I love Marvel. I do.

But are Iron Man & Spider-Man the ONLY characters available to base rides off of?

DLP Flight Force is practically an Iron Man ride.
HK Iron Man Experience
DCA Stark Flight Lab

Spider-Man at DCA, DLP, HKDL, & SDL.

I still hate the name Avengers Campus. I feel like it'll never truly be a "Marvel Land" with that name. Not every character is an Avenger, it just doesn't work for me.

That's all.
Don't forget Guardians. Mission BO and CR. What's sad, is Guardians would probably work best as a scoop shooter. It allows us to feel out of control and like the tech is failing at times, which fits their plucky ungerdog nature, and it allows people to use blasters with an IP that is an action franchise and consists of a lot blasting. It also opens the doors for AA's of Rocket, Groot, Starlord with Mask, and plenty of weird alien monsters.

Instead, we get a Guardian drop tower with screens and no practical effects or action and a Ghost Galaxy 2.0 projection coaster with a moon as the only practical element.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Didn’t think of this, but this is probably correct. I bet this was the initial ride system plan, that got cut, so they decided to still use the developed ride vehicle in some way.

The initial idea was that you’d board a quinjet in a big group, and somehow break off and jet pack out. Makes sense now, having a Kuka arm that could attach to a pod of vehicles.

That was my thought when I initially heard the announcement, they just took the same ride tech for the Wakanda attraction and created a new attraction from it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I imagine just like MB there will be different ride profiles, in this case based on what hero is presented.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom