Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

C33Mom

Like others have said and I have seen it time and time again. CMs generally have no inside knowledge of what is going on that is not officially released. Most of the time they get their information from FB groups or other CMs and just repeat it. Then more people repeat the rumor because a CM told them so it must be true. If this is true I would think we would of seen permits by now.

Also if true Disney PR would of taken the opportunity to hype up the upcoming attraction and officially announce a last show date for Dr Strange. If I remember correctly bloggers caught the calendar showing no more shows and then Disney made a statement to local news about it with no official reason why.

That picture with the employees to me just looks like stage techs (their normal costume is all black) discussing with a show director regarding the stage.
Makes sense. It’s my picture (taken Monday and shared here a few minutes after I took it)— and I took it because there were actually 5 people up there (hard to tell but there’s a woman and a guy in a black cap almost entirely obscured by the front 3) walking around for a bit between Avengers Assemble shows. They seemed to be focused on the outside space on the terrace so I would have said it looked more like planning a different show than necessarily planning an attraction. Of course they may also have been surveying inside before emerging out on the balcony but I would not have been able to see it.

mickEblu

No surprise, Avengers Campus never moves forward and if anything, only moves backward. Worst land ever created that is based on a huge franchise. It does have something in common with the current state of Marvel though, being uninspired.

Orange Grove > Parking Lot

Bugs Land > Avengers Campus

Parking Lot > Bugs Land? Maybe, if you consider a parking lot as being theme park expansion space with unlimited potential.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Makes sense. It’s my picture (taken Monday and shared here a few minutes after I took it)— and I took it because there were actually 5 people up there (hard to tell but there’s a woman and a guy in a black cap almost entirely obscured by the front 3) walking around for a bit between Avengers Assemble shows. They seemed to be focused on the outside space on the terrace so I would have said it looked more like planning a different show than necessarily planning an attraction. Of course they may also have been surveying inside before emerging out on the balcony but I would not have been able to see it.
In your picture they are looking at the area where the arrow effect happens. Perhaps they weren't working correctly that day and were trying to figure out why.

C33Mom

In your picture they are looking at the area where the arrow effect happens. Perhaps they weren't working correctly that day and were trying to figure out why.
I wish I had taken more pictures, but they were walking along the outside stage area from
the central door to the corner closest to the sanctum and spent time where they are photographed at the end. I’m still hoping they’re planning to incorporate Wolverine or Deadpool (or otherwise update the show), but I have zero reason to believe it. I didn’t see anyone who obviously appeared to be a choreographer or stunt coordinator.

BrianLo

Orange Grove > Parking Lot

Bugs Land > Avengers Campus

Parking Lot > Bugs Land? Maybe, if you consider a parking lot as being theme park expansion space with unlimited potential.

I'm as disappointed in their final output as the next person, seems very Chapek phoned in...

But no one can tell me with a straight face if they announced they were going to level the land (including Spiderman and Mission Breakout) to turn it into a parking lot for a decade that DCA would be better off for it. That's patently absurd. Those are two very, very well received rides by the general public.

mickEblu

I'm as disappointed in their final output as the next person, seems very Chapek phoned in...

But no one can tell me with a straight face if they announced they were going to level the land (including Spiderman and Mission Breakout) to turn it into a parking lot for a decade that DCA would be better off for it. That's patently absurd. Those are two very, very well received rides by the general public.

Well, except for John Hench haha. Would I prefer a parking lot to a land with rides? Of course not. But if you gave me the option to press a button to get rid of Avengers Campus and build a brand new land in its place without even knowing what the plans are I would take that chance. Because I really don’t think it could be worse. Also, when I speak of AC, I’m never really thinking of Mission Breakout as it’s just a rethemed Tower of Terror that existed in Hollywoodland before Avengers Campus opened. I’m taking about everything that went into Bugs Land.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Well, except for John Hench haha. Would I prefer a parking lot to a land with rides? Of course not. But if you gave me the option to press a button to get rid of Avengers Campus and build a brand new land in its place without even knowing what the plans are I would take that chance. Because I really don’t think it could worse. Also, when I speak of AC, I’m never really thinking of Mission Breakout as it’s just a rethemed Tower of Terror that existed in Hollywoodland before Avengers Campus opened. I’m taking about everything that went into Bugs Land.

Fair enough. I like Spiderman, I might be the odd one out on that take. Not as a headliner, but as an eventual third tier attraction, it's great.

I'd happily let them redo everything else *but the attractions*, though.

C33Mom

Fair enough. I like Spiderman, I might be the odd one out on that take. Not as a headliner, but as an eventual third tier attraction, it's great.

I really enjoy Webslingers as well. I suspect it would have been much better received if it had been built alongside a (dedicated) thrill ride.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Plenty of people enjoy Web Slingers - including me. :) I'm there all the time seeing the happy faces of people exiting the attraction who had fun on it and chatting about it.

It's just the thrill ride enthusiasts here who can't see the value in an attraction not made for them. But as I've mentioned before, as someone with motion sickness who can't do thrill rides like Guardians or whatever Avengers E-Ticket eventually gets built, I'm happy to have have ONE new attraction I can ride in that park besides Ariel, Monsters or the trolley which are my only other options there. And I never ride the trolley. So... 🤷‍♂️

Like others have said and I have seen it time and time again. CMs generally have no inside knowledge of what is going on that is not officially released. Most of the time they get their information from FB groups or other CMs and just repeat it. Then more people repeat the rumor because a CM told them so it must be true. If this is true I would think we would of seen permits by now.

Also if true Disney PR would of taken the opportunity to hype up the upcoming attraction and officially announce a last show date for Dr Strange. If I remember correctly bloggers caught the calendar showing no more shows and then Disney made a statement to local news about it with no official reason why.

That picture with the employees to me just looks like stage techs (their normal costume is all black) discussing with a show director regarding the stage.
Sorry I wasn’t trying to mislead anyone or get their hopes up for nothing. I specifically labeled it as speculation due to that. It’s just I’m so desperate for any progress on this ride that any sliver of hope I consider possible proof.

I was hoping maybe this cast member had heard something we didn’t, but like you mentioned most likely it’s just a rumor floating around between employees. Like many have said, I think regardless of what happens we won’t see any progress or hear anything concrete until this years d23 in August. Then i expect to finally hear a lot more info on this ride.

I just hope it’s more than last years “hey here’s a single vague piece of concept art for the new avengers ride, see you next year!”

Sorry about that I should have given proper credit in my post, I didn’t mean to make it seem like it was a photo I took.

Mission breakout is actually good because it had a good budget and Joe rhode was working on it. Meanwhile aside from very young children, many people rightfully hate web slingers. It’s just a cheap lazy spider man version of midway mania with microtransactions

Phroobar

This feels more Disney for a Spiderman attraction even though it is concept art for IOA.

iu

mickEblu

I think Webslingers is a misuse and waste of the Spider-Man property. Spider-Man needed to be a headliner or at least something more innovative or exciting. Like had they made it the first (I think) suspended shooter or used that pendulum ride system.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I think Webslingers is a misuse and waste of the Spider-Man property. Spider-Man needed to be a headliner or at least something more innovative or exciting. Like had they made it the first (I think) suspended shooter or used that pendulum ride system.
Our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man does not need a thrilling attraction when Disney knows haters can seek at the other ride in IoA. Our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man needs a simple but fun ride for everyone to participate in, one that will have not a single child coming out crying.

As for that Avengers E-ticket, if they don’t do something better or on par with the new Peter Pan ride at FS, than we should all be raging and cancelling the failure of Disney.

Consumer

Our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man does not need a thrilling attraction when Disney knows haters can seek at the other ride in IoA.
Yeah let me just fly from Disneyland to Orlando to get my FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD Spider-Man fix.

Mick's right. The Spider-Man ride should have been a pendulum coaster that mimics the sensation of swinging along skyscrapers down Fifth Avenue. That's what kids who watch Spider-Man dream about, just like how kids who watch Star Wars dream about flying an X-Wing, which is why Disney should have built an X-Wing coaster and not the Falcon ride.

BrianLo

So the land needed three headliners?

By all means the land should have co-opened with the Avengers E ticket as well, I strongly doing think the land needed three thrill ride E tickets. It’s a great third tier attraction that is great for kids.

The trouble is Spiderman, really really appeals to the toddler crowd, so cutting them out would be a folly IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom