Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

BrianLo

If you had told me on Christmas Day 2019, when Disney announced the original intended opening date of Avengers Campus (July 2020) that 5 years later the E-ticket would not have even started construction, I would have said you're crazy.

Tell that to Hong Kong, which I distinctly remember felt like the furthest date we had ever heard, opening in the distant future of 2023.

The Dr Strange show has nothing to do with the E ticket and has entirely to do with budget

Hence ‘supposedly’. I would presume some repurposing as this was not the initial attraction that the land was designed in mind. We’ll know pretty quickly, but Hong Kong has finally addressed the attraction as coming for the first time in years.

If you would have told me the Captain America coaster would get downgraded to the Quinjet ride only to get downgraded to a scoop ride I wouldn’t have believed you. Next stop: Avengers carrousel.

I know it’s all subjective, but scoop still remains a premier ride. I perceive these things as potentially lateral. Captain America was a bike coaster and I’m not sure the consensus would be Tron is a better ride than Spiderman.

A 40 versus 48 inch height requirement is certainly a big consideration. As well as (for better or worse) the shared R&D with HKDL, which doesn’t need a coaster beside Space.

D.Silentu

Supposedly the doctor strange show just closed in preparation for the attraction.
This turns my head slightly because of the concept art released at D23 2022. The Sanctum area had been modified from the original Avenger's Campus art in the rendering, and I've wondered what that might mean.

2019 / 2022
AC old.png
SanctumNew.jpg

BrianLo

This turns my head slightly because of the concept art released at D23 2022. The Sanctum area had been modified from the original Avenger's Campus art in the rendering, and I've wondered what that might mean.

2019 / 2022
View attachment 795767 View attachment 795768

Ya that is quite notably not representative of what’s built today. All your guesses why they need this space are as good as mine. But it’s certainly being heavily suggested it’s related to the new attraction.

mickEblu

Tell that to Hong Kong, which I distinctly remember felt like the furthest date we had ever heard, opening in the distant future of 2023.

Hence ‘supposedly’. I would presume some repurposing as this was not the initial attraction that the land was designed in mind. We’ll know pretty quickly, but Hong Kong has finally addressed the attraction as coming for the first time in years.

I know it’s all subjective, but scoop still remains a premier ride. I perceive these things as potentially lateral. Captain America was a bike coaster and I’m not sure the consensus would be Tron is a better ride than Spiderman.

A 40 versus 48 inch height requirement is certainly a big consideration. As well as (for better or worse) the shared R&D with HKDL, which doesn’t need a coaster beside Space.

Why does the coaster have to be 48 inches? What’s Cosmic Rewind 40? 42? For my taste, scoop is the worst of the three. A coaster would be the most fun/ repeatable, the most needed at DLR and most likely the biggest crowd pleaser. Quintet sounded ambitious and it was intriguing because I’m still not sure what that was supposed to be. Then there is Scoop which will probably end up being better than I’m anticipating but it’s screen heavy and slow so my expectations are low. That may be the best way to get all the characters in but I don’t think it’s the best way to showcase the action/ thrill that is associated with Avengers movies. At what point can we get a purpose built Star Wars or Marvel thrill ride at DLR?

BrianLo

Why does the coaster have to be 48 inches? What’s Cosmic Rewind 40? 42? For my taste, scoop is the worst of the three. A coaster would be the most fun/ repeatable, the most needed at DLR and most likely the biggest crowd pleaser. Quintet sounded ambitious and it was intriguing because I’m still not sure what that was supposed to be. Then there is Scoop which will probably end up being better than I’m anticipating but it’s screen heavy and slow so my expectations are low. That may be the best way to get all the characters in but I don’t think it’s the best way to showcase the action/ thrill that is associated with Avengers movies. At what point can we get a purpose built Star Wars or Marvel thrill ride at DLR?

The coaster as originally proposed was utilizing the Vekoma Tron bikes, which have that proportional requirements somewhat fixed.

Cosmic rewind is a different requirement. But my commentary was just about the Captain America coaster being a considered downgrade. No planned iteration has ever replicated Cosmic Rewind. Though I appreciate that’s the sentiment people really want here. Which is interesting (I like it very much), but it’s not as idolized on the WDW side of this forum by the regulars.

C33Mom

The coaster as originally proposed was utilizing the Vekoma Tron bikes, which have that proportional requirements somewhat fixed.

Cosmic rewind is a different requirement. But my commentary was just about the Captain America coaster being a considered downgrade. No planned iteration has ever replicated Cosmic Rewind. Though I appreciate that’s the sentiment people really want here. Which is interesting (I like it very much), but it’s not as idolized on the WDW side of this forum by the regulars.
I think a Captain America coaster would be fun (I’d take basically any coaster option over the new Pan or Shanghai POTC systems), but I wonder if Disney would build another ride in America that doesn’t work for very large guests… I guess they could add extra cars in the back this time.

I think the reason Cosmic Rewind doesn’t get as much love from WDW people is because they tend to be Epcot purists and they hate the theme. We live an hour from DLR and have traveled to WDW at least 2x a year since Cosmic Rewind opened because it’s so much fun. I will be greatly displeased if they don’t bring something like it during the Disneyland Forward expansion…but I have low hopes for it coming to Avengers Campus because the land already has one aggressive thrill ride and I assume they want something they can market to the whole family?

etc98

Wouldn't the entrance to the Avengers E ticket simply be where the blue wall is now? Because if they used the Doctor Strange show space for the queue that would basically cut off the walkway from AC to Cars Land.
I imagine if they tore out the sanctum they could move that walkway to the other side, and take the rest of the sanctum and old walkway to be queue/whatever for the new ride.

Existing: (walkway in red, sanctum in blue)
IMG_2881.jpeg

Possible changes: (walkway in red, land for queue/new ride in blue)
IMG_2881.jpeg

Ismael Flores

I do not see a reason to remove the Sanctum, even if the show is not happening it is a nice green area and great picture location.

Disney also has plenty of space a a building queue. Part if the area where the prop vehicle is and the area behind the wall has room for a queue building.

I think Whatever building they build for the ride, if not using that whole piece of property, will most likely will be built as far back as they can in that corner property. The farther it is from the land the less it will hover over Carsland and also will not destroy the height perspective of mission break out.

It will also be interesting to see how the building is themed. The Disneyland forward agreement says all new attractions buildings would be themed all around. Not sure if that pertains with anything within this part of the property or only the other properties.
Would be nice if they extended the mountain range on west side of building. Make it look like this state of the art building was carved into the rock s it transitions from Carsland view to avengers campus views
This space alone in the google picture i am posting is almost the size of the spiderman ride

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Dayoldbread16

Just left lunch at Pym Kitchen — there were at least 5 (non-Avenger) Disney employees seemingly evaluating the Avenger’s Assemble show area and discussing with each other between shows.
On one of the recent posts this week about the avengers e ticket, a cast member gave some more info on it as well. It looks like construction is starting a lot sooner than we thought. I just hope the ride turns out to be good!
IMG_4297.jpeg

AJFireman

Like others have said and I have seen it time and time again. CMs generally have no inside knowledge of what is going on that is not officially released. Most of the time they get their information from FB groups or other CMs and just repeat it. Then more people repeat the rumor because a CM told them so it must be true. If this is true I would think we would of seen permits by now.

Also if true Disney PR would of taken the opportunity to hype up the upcoming attraction and officially announce a last show date for Dr Strange. If I remember correctly bloggers caught the calendar showing no more shows and then Disney made a statement to local news about it with no official reason why.

That picture with the employees to me just looks like stage techs (their normal costume is all black) discussing with a show director regarding the stage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom