Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is this the cancelled ride y'all were yammering about?
If Disney built this, they would have no way ever to build an Avengers E-ticket with the size of this show-building. Maybe this could be the Avengers E-ticket in the near future.
View attachment 799504View attachment 799505
View attachment 799506View attachment 799507
Yes, unless I'm mistaken, when the patent was released it had Spider-Man referenced in it as an example IP usage. So everyone jumped to conclusions that it would be used for whatever Spider-Man attraction was put in DCA, that obviously never happened. No one here knows if it was ever really considered for DCA or not.

Is this the cancelled ride y'all were yammering about?
If Disney built this, they would have no way ever to build an Avengers E-ticket with the size of this show-building. Maybe this could be the Avengers E-ticket in the near future.
View attachment 799504View attachment 799505
View attachment 799506View attachment 799507
That was apparently the originally planned spider man ride where you’d be “swinging through the city with spider man”. But due to budget cuts we ended up with the crappy web slingers ride

That ride system I don't believe was ever rumored to be for the Avengers E-Ticket, it was rather assumed (due to patent references) to be used for a Spider-Man attraction before Web Slingers was announced.
I’ll see if I can find it because i have it saved somewhere in my photos on my phone, but the quinjet ride(the first iteration of the avengers e ticket), was going to be an all new ambitious ride system. Kinda like what they did with rise of the resistance.

From the leaked concept art you’d start off in the quinjet, then something goes wrong and you have to eject. Then you get to fly your own individual jetpack seat

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’ll see if I can find it because i have it saved somewhere in my photos on my phone, but the quinjet ride(the first iteration of the avengers e ticket), was going to be an all new ambitious ride system. Kinda like what they did with rise of the resistance.

From the leaked concept art you’d start off in the quinjet, then something goes wrong and you have to eject. Then you get to fly your own individual jetpack seat
Yes it was going to be a suspended ride system, as I recall there was even shots of the rumored tests from one of the Imagineering shows on D+. I can find it right now however.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

That was apparently the originally planned spider man ride where you’d be “swinging through the city with spider man”. But due to budget cuts we ended up with the crappy web slingers ride
Yes it was going to be a suspended ride system, as I recall there was even shots of the rumored tests from one of the Imagineering shows on D+. I can find it right now however.
I don't think the suspended swinging ride would have fit in the Tough to be a Bug theater as well.

mickEblu

Hindsight is always 20/20. It wasn't fully known how the footprint would be used when the rumors came out, for all we knew at the time they would have made a larger show building.

Well then let me try using some foresight. Disney, if you are listening, people will be very disappointed if you make them wait 10 years (since the first announcement) for an Avengers scoop ride that isn’t even the best ride in the land that it resides in. Mission Breakout will still be viewed as the anchor or best ride in the land. The Avengers ride needs to be a coaster. Not to mention people will naturally compare it to ROTR and it won’t even be half as good as that - a ride that opened 10 years earlier. Not to mention, a new themed E ticket coaster is desperately needed at DLR. Not to mention this would be 10 years after the MCU and Avengers peaked. With a scoop ride, story will be that much more of the focal point and much more important. With a good themed thrill ride, the story becomes the cherry on top. The latter would be a safer bet considering the decline and question marks surrounding the direction and sustained popularity of the MCU and its characters.

Also being that this isn’t Florida please build a good portion of the gargantuan building underground to preserve sight lines.

Maybe the Avengers Scoop ride is viewed as a package deal with the (most likely) far superior Avatar boat ride as a sort of rebranding of the park as DCA 3.0? That would take some attention off Avengers not being a world class attraction but still wouldn’t be doing their gazillion dollar franchise any justice.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well then let me try using some foresight. Disney, if you are listening, people will be very disappointed if you make them wait 10 years (since the first announcement) for an Avengers scoop ride that isn’t even the best ride in the land that it resides in. Mission Breakout will still be viewed as the anchor or best ride in the land. The Avengers ride needs to be a coaster. Not to mention people will naturally compare it to ROTR and it won’t even be half as good as that - a ride that opened 10 years earlier. Not to mention, a new themed E ticket coaster is desperately needed at DLR. Not to mention this would be 10 years after the MCU and Avengers peaked. With a scoop ride, story will be that much more of the focal point and much more important. With a good themed thrill ride, the story becomes the cherry on top. The latter would be a safer bet considering the decline and question marks surrounding the direction and sustained popularity of the MCU and its characters.

Also being that this isn’t Florida please build a good portion of the gargantuan building underground to preserve sight lines.

Maybe the Avengers Scoop ride is viewed as a package deal with the (most likely) far superior Avatar boat ride as a sort of rebranding of the park as DCA 3.0? That would take some attention off Avengers not being a world class attraction but still wouldn’t be doing their gazillion dollar franchise any justice.
In all fairness wasn't GotG:MB always billed as the anchor of Avengers Campus when the land was announced, and even after the Avengers ride was announced?

As for the rest, I don't disagree overall, though I'm still not sold on it having to be a coaster or other type of "thrill" ride. Especially with GotG literally next door which is that thrill ride of the land.

mickEblu

In all fairness wasn't GotG:MB always billed as the anchor of Avengers Campus when the land was announced, and even after the Avengers ride was announced?

As for the rest, I don't disagree overall, though I'm still not sold on it having to be a coaster or other type of "thrill" ride. Especially with GotG literally next door which is that thrill ride of the land.

Well it was billed as the anchor as the it was either the only Marvel ride in the park and/ or the other ride is Webslingers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m not 100% sure but that’s seems highly doubtful.
Well that is what I remember, but as I said I could be wrong, and is listed that way in this OC Register article from 2021 about the opening -

"The first phase of the new land will open with a Spider-Man interactive dark ride, Doctor Strange magic show, Ant-Man and the Wasp restaurant and Marvel character meet-and-greets and rooftop stunt shows. A second phase will open at an unannounced date with an Avengers E-ticket attraction. The existing Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: Breakout! indoor drop tower ride will serve as the anchor for the new Avengers Campus."

But all that aside, if you think about it it makes sense to have the large tower, the literal weenie of the land, be the anchor.

mickEblu

Well that is what I remember, but as I said I could be wrong, and is listed that way in this OC Register article from 2021 about the opening -

"The first phase of the new land will open with a Spider-Man interactive dark ride, Doctor Strange magic show, Ant-Man and the Wasp restaurant and Marvel character meet-and-greets and rooftop stunt shows. A second phase will open at an unannounced date with an Avengers E-ticket attraction. The existing Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: Breakout! indoor drop tower ride will serve as the anchor for the new Avengers Campus."

But all that aside, if you think about it it makes sense to have the large tower, the literal weenie of the land, be the anchor.

Sure it would perhaps make sense if the land and all the attractions opened at the same time. They re not purposely trying to make Avengers less good so GOTG:MB can still outshine it because its the taller structure.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sure it would perhaps make sense if the land and all the attractions opened at the same time. They re not purposely trying to make Avengers less good so GOTG:MB can still outshine it because its the taller structure.
I agree they won't purposely make the Avengers attraction less good because of that. But likewise I also don't think they're going to purposely make it better just so it can be the new anchor of the land. Now it might be seen as the anchor by guests since it'll be the new attraction featuring the Avengers, but I believe Disney will always promote GotG:MB as being the anchor since its the weenie of the land.

mickEblu

I agree they won't purposely make the Avengers attraction less good because of that. But likewise I also don't think they're going to purposely make it better just so it can be the new anchor of the land. Now it might be seen as the anchor by guests since it'll be the new attraction featuring the Avengers, but I believe Disney will always promote GotG:MB as being the anchor since its the weenie of the land.

No they re not going to make it better because of that or for any other reason but they should be thinking like that. People will expect a brand new ride in 2028 based on all the Avengers to be better than the rethemed ride from 2004 and they’ll be disappointed. People will naturally compare to ROTR and be disappointed. A lot of people will expect more thrills and be disappointed. This attraction has a lot of potential to disappoint. Too much of a build up and too big of brand with too many expectations to deliver something mediocre.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No they re not going to make it better because of that or for any other reason but they should be thinking like that. People will expect a brand new ride in 2028 based on all the Avengers to be better than the rethemed ride from 2004 and they’ll be disappointed. People will naturally compare to ROTR and be disappointed. A lot of people will expect more thrills and be disappointed. This attraction has a lot of potential to disappoint. Too much of a build up and too big of brand with too many expectations to deliver something mediocre.
Will regular guests really be thinking that though? I'm not so sure. Yes hardcore fans that follow this stuff closely will, and sure I can accept that some maybe even many will feel that way. But Disney isn't building just for hardcore fans, they are building for the general public. And the general public is a bit more forgiving when it comes to that.

Now with all that said I still think they should try to knock it out of the park, I just don't think a thrill ride or coaster is required for that to happen. For example the original Wakanda attraction I thought had the potential to knock it out of the park with its new ride system and interesting story premise. The King Thanos attraction also has some potential in the regard as well in my opinion.

Anyways we'll see what they come up with, as we're going to get some announcement at D23 and movement on construction really soon it appears.

mickEblu

Will regular guests really be thinking that though? I'm not so sure. Yes hardcore fans that follow this stuff closely will, and sure I can accept that some maybe even many will feel that way. But Disney isn't building just for hardcore fans, they are building for the general public. And the general public is a bit more forgiving when it comes to that.

Now with all that said I still think they should try to knock it out of the park, I just don't think a thrill ride or coaster is required for that to happen. For example the original Wakanda attraction I thought had the potential to knock it out of the park with its new ride system and interesting story premise. The King Thanos attraction also has some potential in the regard as well in my opinion.

Anyways we'll see what they come up with, as we're going to get some announcement at D23 and movement on construction really soon it appears.

Well there’s different levels of hardcore fans. There are people like us and then you have million(s) of pass holders who live at the park or some that go weekly, monthly and so forth. Would you not say they are pretty hardcore? They may not be thinking about this as deep as you or I but many of them will feel the disappointment nevertheless. And then don’t discount the causal guest either. I’ve gone to park with many a family member who surprised me with their knowledge and level of awareness.

No it doesn’t have to be a coaster but a thrill ride would definitely help and be more of crowd pleaser than the route they re going. Who knows? Maybe they’ll surprise us. Seems like the odds are stacked against them though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom