Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
From Deadline...

Sources close to both [sic] the project say more than 60 MCU characters could reprise their roles, including everyone from Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth and Benedict Cumberbatch to Tom Hiddleston, Simu Liu and Karen Gillian. Unlike the first four films in which there was a core group that consisted of Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Hemsworth and Ruffalo, many of the characters in this film would have equal footing, making it more of an ensemble feature instead of a handful of characters leading the team.

"Sources"

"could"

"both" (both what?)

Even with two part 3-hours-each movies, that's just six minutes of focus on each hero. We're not even up to 60 hero leads counting even the TV shows, let alone "more than 60."
Its funny, that 60 would be more than ~1.5x those "named" characters that were in the final "assemble" battle scene of Endgame.

So if they're going to have a similar scene in Avengers 5 where they include everyone from the MCU including the variants to fill out whatever "final" battle scene they have, that would really only amount to like 20 minutes of the runtime. The rest of the runtime would likely be filled up with whatever setup using the 6-12 core characters of the story, at least in my opinion.

In the Parks
No
Its funny, that 60 would be more than ~1.5x those "named" characters that were in the final "assemble" battle scene of Endgame.

So if they're going to have a similar scene in Avengers 5 where they include everyone from the MCU including the variants to fill out whatever "final" battle scene they have, that would really only amount to like 20 minutes of the runtime. The rest of the runtime would likely be filled up with whatever setup using the 6-12 core characters of the story, at least in my opinion.
At a certain point, isn't it too much though? If any of you have seen Godzilla: Final Wars, the main issue I have with it is that there are so many monsters that appear, but it's only for like 30 seconds each. I feel like that's where this is headed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
At a certain point, isn't it too much though? If any of you have seen Godzilla: Final Wars, the main issue I have with it is that there are so many monsters that appear, but it's only for like 30 seconds each. I feel like that's where this is headed.
My guess is most of it is just cameos, again think like the “Avengers Assemble” scene from Endgame where you have a bunch of the MCU showing up but most of the action is still with the main characters of the story. To me it worked in Endgame so it can work here too.

britain

My guess is most of it is just cameos, again think like the “Avengers Assemble” scene from Endgame where you have a bunch of the MCU showing up but most of the action is still with the main characters of the story. To me it worked in Endgame so it can work here too.

I think it’s funny that the actors listed in that article I had assumed were STILL active parts of the MCU. It’s not news to bring them back.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it’s funny that the actors listed in that article I had assumed were STILL active parts of the MCU. It’s not news to bring them back.
Its a bit of bad writing I'm guessing, the ones listed are technically still active in the MCU. I wouldn't focus on the specific names mentioned rather that they claim it could be more 60 characters showing up.

MistaDee

the whole thing just feels like they're searching for a clear direction to go in. Probably the same reason they've dragged their feet for years with the attraction

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
At this point just give us the cosmic rewind ride system and theme it to a different Avenger(s) and call it a day
The problem with that is the size of the show building. TDA knows that sightlines are crucial, and they're trying to protect that, so they're trying to avoid that to avoid spoiling sightlines. Plus, with residents right there, the giant building would almost certainly be protested as that's a big eyesore for the city

Jiggsawpuzzle35

The problem with that is the size of the show building. TDA knows that sightlines are crucial, and they're trying to protect that, so they're trying to avoid that to avoid spoiling sightlines. Plus, with residents right there, the giant building would almost certainly be protested as that's a big eyesore for the city
Those surrounding apartment’s are already an eyesore. Like I’ve said before, they can always dig down if it’s too high. I know it’s a pipe dream, but it would be awesome if we had that ride over here. It’s the best attraction I’ve ever ridden.

Gusey

When it was the Quinjet attraction, the concept art shows the showbuilding located behind the Avengers HQ. I suppose the Avengers E-Ticket would be housed in a similar showbuilding
1717693954432.png

MistaDee

this issue has been litigated to death in the DisneylandForward thread

they can always dig down and sink the showbuilding's height into the ground

plus between Tower of Terror and the Carsland mountain range there are already significant vertical features abutting the area

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
At this point just give us the cosmic rewind ride system and theme it to a different Avenger(s) and call it a day
I do agree (plus DCA needs another coaster), but the “Scoop” Neverland vehicle from Tokyo would be awesome to have at DLR too.
Supposedly the doctor strange show just closed in preparation for the attraction.

Might this actually… happen?!
Yes.

mickEblu

If you had told me on Christmas Day 2019, when Disney announced the original intended opening date of Avengers Campus (July 2020) that 5 years later the E-ticket would not have even started construction, I would have said you're crazy.

If you would have told me the Captain America coaster would get downgraded to the Quinjet ride only to get downgraded to a scoop ride I wouldn’t have believed you. Next stop: Avengers carrousel.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom