bubbles1812

By the way, is there any truth to this rumor about a night time parade: http://bwanablog.blogspot.com/2013/06/new-night-water-parade-coming-to.html

Actually sounds like a pretty cool idea to me and probably cheaper than having to develop a WoC type show (which would require a new body of water to be built). Does anyone know if this is really being considered? Or is it even plausible?
The night parade was reported as axed by multiple people somewhere in this thread. And the night show sounded like it is teetering on the edge of extinction as well...

SMPTE MOUSE

I sure hope this thing comes to fruition. DAK needs a little more TLC. A night water show inspired but Avatar would certainly increase the audience enthusiasm for the project.

ToTBellHop

Plus, it's in the wrong park. Whatever does an intergalactic battle (involving toys no less) have to do with Tomorowland?
Similarly, MILF is misplaced, and Stitch just needs to be blown up.
A MILF is never out of place in the MK.

Buzz is in so many Tomorrowlands now. Not futuristic but at least it's in space I guess. Stitch actually is futuristic (even if the original story is clearly in the present). Truth be told, almost nothing in Tomorrowland is futuristic. They have more focused on it just being on an alien planet. Think about all the "better" Tomorrowlands of the world that have Star Tours, which is very clearly set "a long time ago."

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
A MILF is never out of place in the MK.

Buzz is in so many Tomorrowlands now. Not futuristic but at least it's in space I guess. Stitch actually is futuristic (even if the original story is clearly in the present). Truth be told, almost nothing in Tomorrowland is futuristic. They have more focused on it just being on an alien planet. Think about all the "better" Tomorrowlands of the world that have Star Tours, which is very clearly set "a long time ago."
Maybe Tomorrowland just be renamed Spaceland - home to: Space Mountain, Intergalactic Buzz, Alien Stitch, Astro Orbitors, and futuristic TTA.
This leaves COP and MILF out of place. MILF should be moved to DHS, and COP would be a nice addition to Epcot. Is there room upstairs in COP to relocate One Man's Dream? Is there even still an upstairs?

Edited to add: And oh yeah, ditch the Speedway!

lazyboy97o

Maybe Tomorrowland just be renamed Spaceland - home to: Space Mountain, Intergalactic Buzz, Alien Stitch, Astro Orbitors, and futuristic TTA.
This leaves COP and MILF out of place. MILF should be moved to DHS, and COP would be a nice addition to Epcot. Is there room upstairs in COP to relocate One Man's Dream? Is there even still an upstairs?

Edited to add: And oh yeah, ditch the Speedway!

Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom having any true futurism became redundant in 1982. I see nothing wrong with space fantasy and/or the "Tomorrow that never was concept." Buzz Lightyear, as a person instead of a toy, would make sense in such an environment. Stitch's Great Escape is just poor storytelling. The WEDway was futuristic in its propulsion, but those days have well since passed.

Only Disneyland's Carousel Theater (today's Innoventions) has a second floor.

The Empress Lilly

Plus, it's in the wrong park. Whatever does an intergalactic battle (involving toys no less) have to do with Tomorowland?
Similarly, MILF is misplaced, and Stitch just needs to be blown up.
Hear hear!

Sadly, I think that for the foreseeable future we'll be stuck with the MK as a toddler cartoon park. All the lands suffer from this.
I wish WDW would've build a 5th gate, dedicated to its animated cartoon properties, so they wouldn't infest MK.

The Empress Lilly

Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom having any true futurism became redundant in 1982.
I beg to differ. EPCOT no more made Tomorrowland redundant than DAK made Adventureland redundant.

MK's TKL is the natural home for Mission:Space, Test Track. EPCOT is the natural home for large, immersive rides that follow the EPCOT formula. FW functions better without thrill rides, gets a different pace, increases in majesty. TL for it's part would've been awesome with M:S as replacement for Mision to the Moon / Mars, and a ride like TT.

lazyboy97o

I beg to differ. EPCOT no more made Tomorrowland redundant than DAK made Adventureland redundant.

MK's TKL is the natural home for Mission:Space, Test Track. EPCOT is the natural home for large, immersive rides that follow the EPCOT formula. FW functions better without thrill rides, gets a different pace, increases in majesty. TL for it's part would've been awesome with M:S as replacement for Mision to the Moon / Mars, and a ride like TT.

Would not Mission: SPACE be a bit of space fantasy?

Disney's Animal Kingdom doesn't make Adventureland redundant because its more realism of specific locations than the fantasy of the exotic. A Tomorrowland about the actual future is made a bit redundant with a Future World about the actual future.

The Empress Lilly

Would not Mission: SPACE be a bit of space fantasy?

Disney's Animal Kingdom doesn't make Adventureland redundant because its more realism of specific locations than the fantasy of the exotic. A Tomorrowland about the actual future is made a bit redundant with a Future World about the actual future.
I see the difference. But I think that overestimates the 'actual future' aspect of TL, which was but one ingredient of TL. Space Mountain is to the future as Tiki is to exotic nature, not Wonders of Flight.

FW is WoM, TL is the TS. (Ha! A sentence formed almost exclusively out of abbreviations, interpunction, and the odd simple verb. We are developing a strict language of formal logic here with which to tackle the world's most pressing philosophical issue, the ontological nature of EPCOT and Tomorrowland )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom