The Empress Lilly

Better than Forbidden Journey in your opinion?
Yes, I just love that Spidey ride. I'm forever impressed by it, it remains a marvel (ha!) to behold.

My Parker can beat up your Potter!

spiderman.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Tower or Terror is the best ride in Orlando. I could take a vacation and not do Spider-Man and be content, but missing ToT would make me miserable.

FJ is a good ride, but in my book, its not even the second best at Uni, Mummy is far superior.

Jimmy Thick- Callin' it as I see it.
For sheer 'wow, impressive tech' factor, FJ battles with Spidey.

For sheer fun, FJ barely makes it into my UNI top five. I guess that is: Spidey, Dueling Dragons, Rip Ride Rockit, Ripsaw, and then a whole host of contenders for fifth place: FJ, Simpsons, Jurassic Park, Mummy.
I might've been just as happy had FJ been a dark ride through that awesome queue!

All of which combined are of course still not worth a single lap on the greatest ride in this galaxy and the next: Space Mountain. :cool:

lazyboy97o

Marvel Super Hero Island falls under the same trap that Six Flags has fallen under when trying to build a super hero land. They make everything two dimensional. I understand the reasons behind it, but it's simply not as pleasing to the eye. Bright colors don't replace depth and interesting architecture. The land itself doesn't look particularly interesting, especially when compared to the lands across that park (Seuss Landing, Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Lost Continent). All of the lands of IOA have their weaknesses but I definitely understand the criticism for Marvel Super Hero Island.

Having said all that, Spiderman is still a more impressive ride than anything at Walt Disney World.
There might be some aesthetic similarities, but the two are completely different. Six Flags does not attempt to create a world, they decorate. The success of the literalism in Marvel Super Hero Island may be up for debate, but it is not at all related to the Six Flags design model.

BryceM

Marvel Super Hero Island falls under the same trap that Six Flags has fallen under when trying to build a super hero land. They make everything two dimensional. I understand the reasons behind it, but it's simply not as pleasing to the eye. Bright colors don't replace depth and interesting architecture. The land itself doesn't look particularly interesting, especially when compared to the lands across that park (Seuss Landing, Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Lost Continent). All of the lands of IOA have their weaknesses but I definitely understand the criticism for Marvel Super Hero Island.

Having said all that, Spiderman is still a more impressive ride than anything at Walt Disney World.
I do believe that Marvel Super Hero Island is definitely weaker for me than say the thematic masterpieces that are Port of Entry, Seuss Landing, The Lost Continent, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Jurassic Park. But it's not that it's not themed well, it's just that it's a different kind of theming. It's loud, it's boisterous, it's energetic. I like it a lot, but just not as much as the others. I do like it better than Toon Lagoon though.

Bparso87

Number 4 just keep getting worse from the news I read. I heard Megan fox is back and it seems like bay is the only one who gives her work. I like transformers but the movies are bad.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Number 4 just keep getting worse from the news I read. I heard Megan fox is back and it seems like bay is the only one who gives her work. I like transformers but the movies are bad.

She's going to be playing April O'neil in the new TMNT movie slated to come out in 2014.

Bparso87

She's going to be playing April O'neil in the new TMNT movie slated to come out in 2014.
Yes I know and that makes me sad TMNT was my childhood and from what I hear about that movie is just bad to but I will hold judgement till I see it. I heard shredder is a army general r something.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes I know and that makes me sad TMNT was my childhood and from what I hear about that movie is just bad to but I will hold judgement till I see it. I heard shredder is a army general r something.

I'm reserved as well...but at least the director isn't Bay!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom