twebber55

Quoted for posterity. Despite a several hundred million dollar budget cut.
shocking that JC would allow that after contracts have been signed..i wonder what changed with him

heres the time line
Sept 11 announced land
March 12 not happening
July 12 happening (remember balloons in the air)
Sept 12 happening (but with only 2 rides)
Dec 12 not happening
Feb 13 happening but with only 1 ride

so does this sound about right
seems pretty fluid to me

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's a good point. In the past, what are some of the other projects Disney has announced with official press releases and then later didn't end up following through with them? Just curious.
Western River
Little Mermaid dark ride (original)
Switzerland
Russia
Noah's Ark
Mediterranean Resort
Crimestoppers
Bennie the Taxi
Baby Hermans runaway Trolley
Mickeys Movieland
...and Beastly Kingdomme...

To name a few.

Nemo14

Western River
Little Mermaid dark ride (original)
Switzerland
Russia
Noah's Ark
Mediterranean Resort
Crimestoppers
Bennie the Taxi
Baby Hermans runaway Trolley
Mickeys Movieland
...and Beastly Kingdomme...

To name a few.

frown.gif

lazyboy97o

That's a good point. In the past, what are some of the other projects Disney has announced with official press releases and then later didn't end up following through with them? Just curious.
Only part of the announced Fantasy Forrest project survived to be part of New Fantasyland.

Prototype82

If they added a nighttime show into the Pandora section, they could do it as the Nav'i celebrating the Earthlings being there and their culture which could showcase the animals of Earth.
Except in Avatar, the Earthlings killed all of their natural world, so I guess it wouldn't really be a part of their culture anymore.

WDWFREAK53

Except in Avatar, the Earthlings killed all of their natural world, so I guess it wouldn't really be a part of their culture anymore.

The militaristic Earthlings killed their natural world. What if Jake taught the Nav'i what humans and Earth are/is really like and another group of Earthlings came to rebuild Pandora and work together with them?

I highly doubt that Pandora will be a burnt, barren wasteland in the Animal Kingdom. I think they'll focus more on the unity of the Nav'i and Earthlings...maybe set in a post-Avatar time after Pandora had a nice regrowth.

Prototype82

The militaristic Earthlings killed their natural world. What if Jake taught the Nav'i what humans and Earth are/is really like and another group of Earthlings came to rebuild Pandora and work together with them?

I highly doubt that Pandora will be a burnt, barren wasteland in the Animal Kingdom. I think they'll focus more on the unity of the Nav'i and Earthlings...maybe set in a post-Avatar time after Pandora had a nice regrowth.
I meant that Earth is completely dead. Nothing green is left. There's only one or two lines in the film that imply it.

FigmentJedi

I meant that Earth is completely dead. Nothing green is left. There's only one or two lines in the film that imply it.
And whatever patches of life are left are being snuffed out. Recall reading about a deleted scene with some news report of the last lion dying at the beginning of the movie when Jake's watching news on his TV/Interweb wall.

jt04

Google "Disney Decade" for a start...

Pandora was just reaffirmed recently. Remember how shocked many were at the D23 when the FLE was officially announced after all of our insiders were saying nothing was happening at the MK? I remember that.

Will you be at D23 this year?

jt04

We were looking at the drawings before the D23 Expo.

People were saying it was just a plan like many plans and like many plans was subject to cancellation as many plans have been canceled in the past etc etc etc

People in the audience were shocked at the announcement as were many here because they had been misled.

It is deja vu all over again. o_O

matt9112

so if avatar moves along or not....im just curious lots of the current activity has been ceased in the area correct? so something will have to happen with the space? avatar aside?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom