englanddg

One Little Spark...
Bahumbug!

Ok Hal.

35kjfb.jpg

PeterAlt

Mostly Cameron and Rohde have to make sure they have a random excel spreadsheet ready to maximize to cover up the in case some lackey comes in and wants to know if everything is finalized.
As long as Cameron's name is still on the project, it's going to be a great project or nothing at all. That's Cameron's record for everything he's worked on. After he wrote the screenplay for the first Spiderman movie and didn't get his way, he walked away from it and the studio brought in another writer to edit the blank out of it and a new director.

bassman02

ANYWAY...

Back the main purpose of this thread.

What sort of attractions do people want to see in AVATARland?
I really hope there's another one off unique ride system built for it
Or failing that,I think the Spider-Man/transformers ride system would be brilliant too.

Sped2424

It only took 8 pages to go off track this time. Back to the real subject so disney won't start construction until lion king is good and set up in the new stage area right? As for attractions and the theming I am hoping for something a little more than just a soaring 2.0 type attraction while projected screens would be great I feel that the ride itself needs to actual move from showroom to showroom and have some great animatronics much like the Harry potter ride system. How great would it be to ride one of the ikran (dragons) from the film?

MerlinTheGoat

ANYWAY...

Or failing that,I think the Spider-Man/transformers ride system would be brilliant too.
I don't know whether things have changed at all, but it was rumored from the very beginning that the ride would be some kind of simulator similar to Soarin (though i'd guess probably more intense on the thrill level given the nature of the movie). And i'm hoping that plan has changed as I want something much more substantial than a simulator of any sort, Soarin or otherwise. Simulators are ok, but they don't come close to rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, or any other rides that move through physical sets with animatronics. That's what Animal Kingdom needs IMO.

And that's what I want in an Avatar ride. I want an actual ride, something that moves around through actual physical space. With elaborate show scenes containing detailed physical sets and real advanced animatronic figures. Given how WDW has been and seems to continue to be looked upon by the company in recent years though, I am not expecting anything close to that caliber of quality. The Soarin like simulator is the far more likely candidate. Disappointing (however not surprising) though that would be.

Sped2424

I don't know whether things have changed at all, but it was rumored from the very beginning that the ride would be some kind of simulator similar to Soarin (though i'd guess probably more intense on the thrill level given the nature of the movie). And i'm hoping that plan has changed as I want something much more substantial than a simulator of any sort, Soarin or otherwise. Simulators are ok, but they don't come close to rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, or any other rides that move through physical sets with animatronics. That's what Animal Kingdom needs IMO.

And that's what I want in an Avatar ride. I want an actual ride, something that moves around through actual physical space. With elaborate show scenes containing detailed physical sets and real advanced animatronic figures. Given how WDW has been and seems to continue to be looked upon by the company in recent years though, I am not expecting anything close to that caliber of quality. The Soarin like simulator is the far more likely candidate. Disappointing (however not surprising) though that would be.
How great would it be for huge navi animatronics? and the set could have you flying in through the night lit jungle through the dangerous pandora forest. I really think disney could make a stunning e ticket with this property and I agree with you a simulator just really isn't going to do this property justice.

bassman02

I had an idea where it used the dinosaur ride system but instead of being a complete dark ride,it moved from show building to an outdoor of glass dome covered part.

Maybe even have 2 show buildings and a domed part in the middle and if kept moving between the different parts but using lighting and heavy theming so that the dark to light transition parts didnt blind guests.
Imagine bouncing and wildly turning through a very dense alien jungle in the daylight.:)

trr1

you mean like the ET ride

articos

Quick correction from early in the thread. Although both sides are under strict NDA, it's not Lightstorm that's militant about secrecy - they simply expect everyone will keep their end of the bargain. Disney's the side that's far more active in being concerned about leaks.

Regarding other recent topics here, keep in mind concept is an ebb and flow with lots of ideas thrown out and considered, discarded, picked back up, altered, discarded again, picked up again... Lots of ideas have been considered during the discussions between Lightstorm and Disney.

Tim_4

Original Poster
ANYWAY...

Technically that's not back to the main purpose of the thread. This thread was supposed to be Avatar news. The Avatar discussion thread has disappeared and this one seems to have taken over.

bubbles1812

Call me crazy skeptical about that even Cameron expected/wanted a total rehash of Discovery Island and the Tree of Life. That would have been beyond expensive to do. Replacing all of Minnie Mickey seems like something Cameron could have reasonably expected. The original plans called for something big yes, but not a land that big, that would reshape the whole of AK. Cameron has an ego to be sure, but he isn't dumb to think a proposal like that would ever go through. If built right three attractions could have easily gone into the Minnie Mickey land. Just sounds like someone was trying to get a good laugh with that rumor.

And now down to apparently 1 attraction that is already similar to another ride on the property and maybe a restaurant... So if option number 1 apparently was equivocal to sandwich with cheese and bacon, 2 was sandwich with cheese... Are we now at half a hashbrown? Or maybe a small cup of OJ? No sandwich for you... ;)

wdw71fan

Call me crazy skeptical about that even Cameron expected/wanted a total rehash of Discovery Island and the Tree of Life. That would have been beyond expensive to do. Replacing all of Minnie Mickey seems like something Cameron could have reasonably expected. The original plans called for something big yes, but not a land that big, that would reshape the whole of AK. Cameron has an ego to be sure, but he isn't dumb to think a proposal like that would ever go through. If built right three attractions could have easily gone into the Minnie Mickey land. Just sounds like someone was trying to get a good laugh with that rumor.

And now down to apparently 1 attraction that is already similar to another ride on the property and maybe a restaurant... So if option number 1 apparently was equivocal to sandwich with cheese and bacon, 2 was sandwich with cheese... Are we now at half a hashbrown? Or maybe a small cup of OJ? No sandwich for you... ;)

you ask for the moon so you can get what you REALLY want.

jt04

The Avatar discussion thread has disappeared and this one seems to have taken over.

Something I said ? o_O

Anyway, we see the same people willing to run with false memes time after time around here. But if it is obvious to me it is obvious to all who they are. No doubt, this Pandora idea scares the pixie dust out of the competition. That much is crystal clear.

It will be a land, it was always announced to be a land, and it will be awesome.

Ignore all other lies. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom