Captain Chaos

What?! Oh great, well there goes 20% of the budget!!! We just went from a unique Eticket to an crap Omnimover with blue man M&G's because Staggs and Rohde had to get the perfect story development for this 2018 attraction. o_O
That is all we were getting anyway... TDO only approves projects if M&Gs are the primary "attraction"... Be prepared for Na'vi Mickey...

SirLink

That is all we were getting anyway... TDO only approves projects if M&Gs are the primary "attraction"... Be prepared for Na'vi Mickey...

This is a Burbank approved project. TDO don't have those says anymore ... TDO just delayed it to cook the books for NGE.

WDWFREAK53

OH PUH-LEEEEZE....I love Disney, so far I'm still favoring WDW over Universal, but just take a ride on WDW's cheap, bargain-basement, new Little Mermaid ride, and you'll see why Rowling walked. TDO can't even do DISNEY concepts justice, much less an outside franchise.

I completely agree...Universal took a page from Disney's book with WWoHP. I just wish Disney remembered what was on that page. Here's hoping to the future...although it looks pretty "blah."

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Avatar only garnered the 1B in Box Office because of the groundbreaking film techniques and first 3D picture which actually gave realistic results, The film is visually stunning however storyline is at best meh'

Viewed in 2D it is at best a SyFy channel 'movie of the week' with the standard evil business uses military to commit genocide against peaceable natives to exploit rare resource plotline, Plot foiled by military man 'gone native'.

The first new Avatar movie I predict will be an EPIC flop.

Of course, if they were actually doing research, you would hope they might realize just how little enthusiasm - if not outright negativity - people have for this ill-conceived project.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I completely agree...Universal took a page from Disney's book with WWoHP. I just wish Disney remembered what was on that page. Here's hoping to the future...although it looks pretty "blah."

Cheap does not even begin to describe this attraction, Disney used to be about suspension of belief and being transported to other worlds, This 'attraction' reminds me of something set up at county fair.

NoChesterHester

Not directly Avland related, but to give the thread a bit of a boost has no one seen the buoys in the lagoon near Everest this week? Or tech related items scattered around the shoreline?

I wonder what they are for...

That is the most logical place for a show. 360 degree viewing. And it doesn't destroy the environment created around the Tree of Life (the nets do that good enough).

SirLink

Not directly Avland related, but to give the thread a bit of a boost has no one seen the buoys in the lagoon near Everest this week? Or tech related items scattered around the shoreline?

I wonder what they are for...

So the night time testing was real - I wonder is there anyway from AKL to get video of DAK?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So the night time testing was real - I wonder is there anyway from AKL to get video of DAK?
Probably nothing to see at this stage. Its more proof of concept than a storyline being played out.

With somewhere down the round adding a second night time show, DAK really needed to pull its creative finger out. Not that theres still much to keep people in the park with Avland taking longer and longer...

Suspirian

I don't understand why they haven't dropped avatar yet. I have no problem with it in DAK, but if it's going to really take this long and all we're getting is a fake desk, then they should just use something else. If not, they should at least add some smaller dark rides to hold us off.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Avatar only garnered the 1B 2.7B in Box Office because of the groundbreaking film techniques and first 3D picture which actually gave realistic results, The film is visually stunning however storyline is at best meh'

Viewed in 2D it is at best a SyFy channel 'movie of the week' with the standard evil business uses military to commit genocide against peaceable natives to exploit rare resource plotline, Plot foiled by military man 'gone native'.

The first new Avatar movie I predict will be an EPIC flop.

Fixed that for you. Whatever reason made people go to the first one, fact is a lot of people went to see it. The second one will easily ride that wave from the first one, and even if it does half the box office it will be a success. The big question mark comes with the movies after that one.

GLaDOS

Fixed that for you. Whatever reason made people go to the first one, fact is a lot of people went to see it. The second one will easily ride that wave from the first one, and even if it does half the box office it will be a success. The big question mark comes with the movies after that one.

Honestly? Avatar 2 doing 1/2 the business as the first would probably be seen as a disaster by Fox.

twebber55

totally agree..people see floating mountains and bioluminescent plant and animal life with great visuals people immediately think avatar..thats why life of pi and the croods compared themselves to avatar....still trying to move past this debate lol

GLaDOS

so if avatar does 1.4 billion its a disaster yet avengers does 1.5 billion and its a huge success? sorry gotta disagree

Two VERY different things you're talking about there. First of all, Avengers wasn't a follow up to the biggest box office movie of all time. Second of all, Avatar 2's budget will be significantly higher than Avenger's, and Avengers needed 1.1 billion dollars just to break even. Third, you're thinking like a normal person, not a studio executive or a wall street analyst. Fox isn't looking for a nice profit from Avatar 2. They're looking to hit the motherload again. Anything less will be a severe disappointment to them.

John

Avatarland progress....:lookaroun:.....nope nothing here to see. There are some humdinger threads on this board but this one takes the cake. I don't blame you guys that post here but really......there has been nothing. Even with the save PI thread there was altleast PI existed. Avland seems to have been pushed back to the point of almost extinction. I think they are just hoping that at some point we will forget about it. No one has mentioned if there was any sign or ANY word of Av at D23....not even a crate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom