Cesar R M

The food at Universal's quick service is consistently godawful. Honestly worse than Cosmic Ray's except for Harry Potter.
Kinda weird, because their sit down restaurants are WAAAAY better.

Eh. That's true, but Disney at least typically has good quick service in their parks mixed in.

Columbia Harbor House
Be Our Guest
Harambe Market
Flame tree BBQ
And obviously Epcot's Food & Wine kills it.

While Uni may have good "snack" options... their quick service is still worse overall. Not a terrible thing though -- just my observation. Simpson's has really bad burgers like Cosmic Ray's FYI.
Simpson's fried food was horrible compared to Disney's (Harbour House).
The street hotdogs were awful too. We decided to just eat in the sitdown restaurants or at City walk after that.

you know people get strong on the internet but in person are weak
Hu, thats exactly what you're displaying.
"act macho, toughtguy, rich, important" online.. yet be nothing in real life.

You know, reading your comments...you remind me of a guy who used to post a lot in a forum of Art I used to visit often.
He was claiming he had tons of hydroponics patents, then claimed to have worked for NASA and Intel (never did obviously). Claimed he would "beat me up" in real life (he never showed up) and many other things.
He was a pretty sad individual in real life. (as he was sort of a gardener/custodian for a hydro company) but then, he was pretty much harmless in every aspect.

Last edited:

No Name

Ventured over to the site ending in nt and they claim there will be no attraction signage, no typical mickey magic band readers, and some interesting merchandise that seems kind of interactive. They also claim only one AA na'vi creature in the entire boat ride. Hadn't heard any of this before. Anybody know if there's truth to any of this?

Having no typical MagicBand readers would absolutely tick me off. So, what now, is Pandora more important than the rest of the resort? Is Pandora supposed to be on a higher pedestal than everything else created by imagineers of the past? This is such an ego-driven decision. But I fully believe it's true.

Joe keeps talking about how the land fits DAK so naturally. Well, if he wants to make it feel isolated from the rest of the park, then this is an excellent idea!

It's one thing to kick theming up a notch, and I appreciate that! I absolutely do! But then apply that standard to all areas. Don't install big Mickey readers in past creations, but then choose not to install them in one of your own creations, because you think they ruin the immersion! How... self-centered and egotistic, maybe delusional. A true shame. Whatever insult works best!

I don't get angry too often, but this ticks me off.

Last edited:

No Name

Hey everyone. The site linked below, which is generally accurate on capacities of existing rides, lists projections for the two Pandora rides. They are very interesting projections. I can't imagine they're correct.

https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/

It's called immersion. I have no doubt Star Wars Land will be similar. These things should be applauded, not derided.

Good thing I'm not deriding it.

What I take issue with is Disney installing Mickey MagicBand readers everywhere, but then not doing so in Pandora. If they are bad for the immersion in Pandora, they are also bad for the immersion in Asia, Africa, World Showcase, Frontierland, etc.

This decision isn't Disney doing better than, or learning lessons from, Disney of the past. No... they're the ones who installed the readers everywhere only a few years ago! They knocked past projects to place their own project on top.

That is my issue.

***I took out the line about SWL from my post above because the Visa logo thing wasn't meant as a comparison. I think that caused the confusion.***

Last edited:

rushtest4echo

Hey everyone. The site linked below, which is generally accurate on capacities of existing rides, lists projections for the two Pandora rides. They are very interesting projections. I can't imagine they're correct.

https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/

What I take issue with is Disney installing Mickey MagicBand readers everywhere, but then not doing so in Pandora. If they are bad for the immersion in Pandora, they are also bad for the immersion in Asia, Africa, World Showcase, Frontierland, etc.

This decision isn't Disney doing better than, or learning lessons from, Disney of the past. No... they're the ones who installed the readers everywhere only a few years ago! They knocked past projects to place their own project on top.

That is my issue.

***I took out the line about SWL from my post above because the Visa logo thing wasn't meant as a comparison. I think that caused the confusion.***
Those numbers are not close to accurate, for Pandora or several others. Just at AK he's significantly off (plus or minus) for Kali, Everest, Dinosaur, and Kilimanjaro.

He admits that he's merely guessing so that's okay, I appreciate the honest disclaimer.

Flight of Passages throughput is well under the theoretical, but the theoretical is much higher than what he's guessing. It's got 4 theaters and I promise you each of them isn't going to do 330 an hour operationally. Look to Soarin for your numbers on that. Ruver Journey- boy I would have loved to see throughput numbers like that, but we're looking at boats smaller than Frozen and he's expecting 3 times Frozen's typical ohrc? Intervals will be faster, but to achieve 3000 an hour on a 4-5 person boat (on average) you'd need to send out over 600 boats an hour, or one every 10 seconds to hit thrc.

RSoxNo1

That is my issue.

I have found this site to be inconsistent with their THRC #s.

rushtest4echo

I'm a numbers geek and a bit OCD when it comes to ride operations. His numbers don't reflect what I've observed at all in many cases, and they definitely conflict with the true numbers that I've seen.

Everyone has thier 'thing' and ride capacities are my 'thing'. :)

DDLand

That is my issue.

Either this land is part of the park or it isn't. Period.

The same line of thinking is being used at Disneyland with Star Wars Experience. They are going to have different character interactions, different drinks, different crowd managment solutions, different integration of corporate sponsors.

These theme parks are about compromise. This business is the intersection of crowd, financial, and artistic needs. When FastPass+ was integrated into existing attractions, it was argued that ease of use superseded immediate artistic concerns. Either that was true or it wasn't.

Now there is strange inconsistency.

Your misgivings are well placed as far as I'm concerned. You don't enter theme parks to go to disparate worlds, you go for a story. The worlds are only there to convey the story.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Where is it said that Disney won't have the Magic Band readers in Pandora?

I *think* that in the exuberance of explaining how Pandora was so immersive that you wouldn't see the normal tapstiles it came across as "no tapstiles at all" and people have been running with that.

I don't think anything official has been clearly explained how they'll monitor FPs at the rides. Maybe the honor system?

DDLand

Where is it said that Disney won't have the Magic Band readers in Pandora?
There's going to be readers, no one is suggesting otherwise. They supposedly are not going to be the regular Mickey heads, because Pandora is going to be too "immersive" to have them. This is rumored so it can go either way.

The thing that is raising conversation is why Pandora in particular is special. Africa and Asia are industry leading in their own right. What makes it okay to compromise in those lands versus Pandora?

If it has been decided that the Mickey Heads are too lowly, why are they in the rest of the park? Holding the entire park to the highest standards should be the base standard. If they're not good enough for Pandora, they aren't good enough for Harambe.

If Disney has something better than classic readers, by all means show it to me while being consistent across the line.

Last edited:

twebber55

There's going to be readers, no one is suggesting otherwise. They supposedly are not going to be the regular Mickey heads, because Pandora is going to be too "immersive" to have them. This is rumored so it can go either way.

The thing that is raising conversation is why Pandora in particular is special. Africa and Asia are industry leading in their own right. What makes it okay to compromise in those lands versus the Pandora.

If it has been decided that the Mickey Heads are too lowly, why are they in the rest of the park? Holding the entire park to the highest standards should be the base standard. If they're not good enough for Pandora, they aren't good enough for Harambe.

If Disney has something better than classic readers, by all means show it to me while being consistent across the line.
i think every one of your points are valid my only thing is lets wait to see how it actually is in Pandora so we can have an informed opinion

BTW i talked to a another person with somewhat inside access who is absolutely thrilled with how this project turned out

kinghenry

The thing that is raising conversation is why Pandora in particular is special. Africa and Asia are industry leading in their own right. What makes it okay to compromise in those lands versus the Pandora.

....Harambe and the India are based off of real places. We are visiting pandora, which is a fictional moon. It makes sense to not have them. Disney can theoretically be found in Africa and India, but it shouldn't be found in Pandora. It makes no difference to me but I understand why they wouldn't have them like how they currently do throughout the rest of the park. Can me move on from this.

Incomudro

Because those lands Africa and Asia already existed - and Pandora is new, so they're doing something new there.
I don't understand why this would annoy anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom