IanDLBZF

I think where DLR beats WDW is with quick service options and quality. But in my opinion, food at WDW is easily up there with DLR if you're talking about table service.
And let me also say that some Quick Service options at WDW are actually decent, take for example Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.

Last edited:

Mickey81

I think where DLR beats WDW is with quick service options and quality. But in my opinion, food at WDW is easily up there with DLR if you're talking about table service.
Yeah, I agree with this. The lack of variety and quality of WDW's quick service is definitely where it's most exposed. In fact I will say we was disappointed with Carthay Circle compared to similar WDW options.

RSoxNo1

And let me also say that some Quick Service options at WDW are actually decent, take for example Garden Grill at Epcot.
Garden Grill is a table service, but Sunshine Seasons on the lower level is one of the better quick service restaurants on property.

TrojanUSC

What's sad is the quality of Disneyland park food vs WDW park food. Why can't we have it as good as they do?

Two reasons:

A) Disney Dining Plan. By forcing you to prepay for your meals, it allowed Disney to downgrade the quality, variety and options available to you.

B) Locals. At Disneyland, they are catering to a massive local audience who, in many cases, could just as easily eat off-site prior to their visit. By offering a better quality of food and many only-at-Disneyland items, they entice many visitors to come to Disneyland earlier (or later) than they normally would for a particular meal.

TrojanUSC

Agreed. This sounds totally like a Joe Rohde thing and I recall something similar was going to be tried when DAK first opened. IIRC something about having no maps at all, so everyone would have to "explore" and "discover" where they needed to go. I'm not sure if that actually happened or not but I remember rumors about that.

That's part of the objective of the Oasis, the first section of the park when you enter DAK. There's no signage, no tree of life visible to lure you to like the castle. Just foliage and different pathways. The goal is for you to explore at your own pace.

Kman101

To be fair, it's not like DL's Pizza and Burgers, at most places, are really any better than their counterparts at WDW (@raven24) ... I'm talking quick-service like Cosmic Rays vs. Galactic Grill/Tomorrowland Terrace, Pizza Port, etc. ... but DL itself does have some nice options when you compare park to park I guess ...

Guess we should get back on-topic ...

I'm a lowly AP'er so I can't get any FP's yet. Curious to see if I can. I actually, just for fun, scored a Frozen FP for the very first time for a random day next month at 8:15 at night so I guess it's not impossible. Curious to see how it all works out at AK. I think I may like that they split the rides so you have to choose one or the other.

Princess Leia

I want to make sure I didn't dream this, and I couldn't find an answer in this thread, so if someone in the know could chime in, it would be much appreciated- did Animal Kingdom switch to a Tiered FastPass+, and if so, how are the attractions split up?

Thanks! :)

Californian Elitist

To be fair, it's not like DL's Pizza and Burgers, at most places, are really any better than their counterparts at WDW (@raven24) ... I'm talking quick-service like Cosmic Rays vs. Galactic Grill/Tomorrowland Terrace, Pizza Port, etc. ... but DL itself does have some nice options when you compare park to park I guess ...

Guess we should get back on-topic ...

I'm a lowly AP'er so I can't get any FP's yet. Curious to see if I can. I actually, just for fun, scored a Frozen FP for the very first time for a random day next month at 8:15 at night so I guess it's not impossible. Curious to see how it all works out at AK. I think I may like that they split the rides so you have to choose one or the other.

I'm not exactly sure why I was tagged in this post. Lol.

twebber55

I want to make sure I didn't dream this, and I couldn't find an answer in this thread, so if someone in the know could chime in, it would be much appreciated- did Animal Kingdom switch to a Tiered FastPass+, and if so, how are the attractions split up?

Thanks! :)
yes
Tier 1-Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey
Tier 2-Everything else

i got mine yesterday for my trip June 3-9
Opening Day FP are gone

Princess Leia

Tier 1
Flight of passage
Navi river journey

Tier 2
Everything else

yes
Tier 1-Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey
Tier 2-Everything else

i got mine yesterday for my trip June 3-9
Opening Day FP are gone

Okay great, thanks! So that's 1 Pandora attraction, and 2 non-Pandoras?

I feel like Disney just made Safari and Everest a nightmare to plan around :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom