FrankLapidus

i love your optimism but my only concern would be with disney...wouldnt you think they would come out and refute all the internet rumor

They wouldn't. If it were to be cancelled it would just never be mentioned again rather than Disney announce that it won't be happening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just to update this thread, Screamscape still has not retracted the story from earlier this week. It appears they are standing by this information and for those who may have missed the breaking news.....

PANDORA - The World of Avatar - Confirmed - (9/7/12) Despite the rumor from IGN claiming that the Avatar project may have hit a speed bump, local sources say that the early prep work projects are moving full steam ahead, with deadlines to keep.

I believe it. :cool:

You also believed when Kevin Yee reported that construction had started on Avatar, a report he later retracted.

GLaDOS

You also believed when Kevin Yee reported that construction had started on Avatar, a report he later retracted.

Not to mention I saw when someone went digging about old posts, JT called Yee a malcontent that was unable to be trusted because he talked about the refurb being significantly cut.

jt04

Not to mention I saw when someone went digging about old posts, JT called Yee a malcontent that was unable to be trusted because he talked about the refurb being significantly cut.

Way to be specific. LOL.

I was critical of Yee. But in the last year or so his writing has become much more balanced and thoughtful. I am pretty sure I never used such language as you accuse me of though.

jt04

I would love to see the retraction in context. I missed it. And "construction" is a subjective term. For all we know they are building/testing elements in some facility near Area 51. :cool:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would love to see the retraction in context. I missed it. And "construction" is a subjective term. For all we know they are building/testing elements in some facility near Area 51. :cool:

danlb_2000 said:
But he isn't the direct source, he is just reporting that someone else heard that Joe said this. The further the chain goes the harder it is to substantiate. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this isn't going to happen. I am one of the few people around here that actually likes the Avatarland idea, I just don't see any firm evidence yet that it is actually starting to happen.​
Correct - I was just quoting someone else. There was no construction. I haven't been able to figure out entirely what that original quote meant. Did Joe say some months ago that construction would start on that date, and this date arriving was just the clock running out?

The point is it's usually not a good idea to stand firmly behind anything single thing posted on the Internet, you need to look at multiple sources and see where the majority are pointing and even that is still not 100%.

jt04

danlb_2000 said:
But he isn't the direct source, he is just reporting that someone else heard that Joe said this. The further the chain goes the harder it is to substantiate. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this isn't going to happen. I am one of the few people around here that actually likes the Avatarland idea, I just don't see any firm evidence yet that it is actually starting to happen.​
Well, Martin is standing by the rumor that FotLK will be closing so there is that evidence.

The point is it's usually not a good idea to stand firmly behind anything single thing posted on the Internet, you need to look at multiple sources and see where the majority are pointing and even that is still not 100%.

Kevin Yee does not miss often and he certainly has inside contacts. Or at least contacts with insider connections. But you are right, two sources are better than one.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I read Screamscape everyday, but take everything posted there, like any site, with a grain of salt. A couple weeks ago Screamscape had a post that insisted that the Soundstage 44 project at Universal was not going to be Transformers, but a week later flip-flopped on it. This is not a criticism of Screamscape, just the way the Internet works or doesn't work as the case may be.

GLaDOS

I read Screamscape everyday, but take everything posted there, like any site, with a grain of salt. A couple weeks ago Screamscape had a post that insisted that the Soundstage 44 project at Universal was not going to be Transformers, but a week later flip-flopped on it. This is not a criticism of Screamscape, just the way the Internet works or doesn't work as the case may be.

Yup, based on the "position of the crane".

Seriously.

jt04

There was one proposal to install the 20k show as a walk thru with potential to add the ride system at a later date.

The walk through configuration is underutilized by Disney generally except at AK. Pandora seems like it will create potential opportunities for at least one walk through.

AEfx

TPersonally I think we will see more info AFTER Uni releases Potter 2 info. The two resorts seem locked in a stand-off and neither seems inclined to blink.

When it comes to exciting new attractions, it's more like Universal is standing straight up, and Disney is cowering on the ground covering their ears saying "meet and greets are enough, meet and greets are enough..."

While I'm happier than anyone about New Fantasyland, even that doesn't approach the attractions that are recently built or being added by Universal. And the other parks? Nothing really exciting in the past decade. Decent stuff here and there, but it's been a long time since I've said "WOW!" at WDW.

jt04

When it comes to exciting new attractions, it's more like Universal is standing straight up, and Disney is cowering on the ground covering their ears saying "meet and greets are enough, meet and greets are enough..."

While I'm happier than anyone about New Fantasyland, even that doesn't approach the attractions that are recently built or being added by Universal. And the other parks? Nothing really exciting in the past decade. Decent stuff here and there, but it's been a long time since I've said "WOW!" at WDW.

George Foreman once thought he had Ali "cowering" too. Just saying.

Mawg

So I just read that Avatar 4 is going to be a prequel to the first 3. We already read that the 4th was going to be delayed and not shot at the same time as 2 and 3 like it was originally going to be. Could it be that Disney said we are not going to wait around for you to finish your Avatar story to get started on the new land so finish up the story in 2 more movies that will be release about the time we finish the land. So, Cameron decided the fourth movie would be a prequel that would not change the end of the story. Would Disney have that much influence on Cameron?

Condorman

Not the same thing. In recent years, Universal has been building its muscles while WDW has been sitting on the couch with the exception of the occasional jog.

WDW can get back into shape and come out winning if it wants to, but it's hard to change bad habits quickly.

Winning at what? MK alone sees more people in a year than USO, IoA and SeaWorld combined. Seems to me like Disney comes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place. Let me know when Universal builds a 3rd and 4th gate, has nighttime fireworks spectaculars, and the 3rd largest bus system in the state. I guess I won't be hearing from you for a long time, huh? That's what I thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom