bubbles1812

I wonder how people would react if Disney had done what Universal currently is doing - WWOHP in Hollywood Studios, HP2.0 built in Epcot behind the UK (Millenium Village) - somehow a train between the two!

I think people would have been just as excited...I mean if they'd actually done everything Universal has done...but that is a huge "if" that would have never happened. Again, "two lands in 5 years? (And a land at another park?) No way!" ;) ... :(

djlaosc

I think people would have been just as excited...I mean if they'd actually done everything Universal has done...but that is a huge "if" that would have never happened. Again, "two lands in 5 years? (And a land at another park?) No way!" ;) ... :(

Yeah, obviously I meant that they would have everything that Universal has done/will do, not what Disney would do with the property!

I guess that, even if they did everything that Universal will have done by 2015, there would still be some people that would have some issues, that they won't have by being built in Universal...
  • Film property in Epcot (even though the London area would probably fit in the UK, same argument as Pixar/World Showcase Meet n' Greets)
  • Too much of one thing (same argument as Pixar)
  • Not a Disney property (same argument as Avatar)

Bairstow

All you should have to do is look at T2:3D and know that it is a VERY good thing.

That's a good point. I had forgotten about his involvement there.
Odd though, that the preshow is so hilariously dared when both his Terminator movies have stayed so relevant.

Tim_4

Well, if it is about "plans to make plans" for Avatarland, it would be very hard to tell when and even "if" it will be compeleted. Then how come they can throw a date of 2015? Don't you think they should keep the date until when they finalize a little bit details more?
"Setting a date" and "estimating a year" are very different.

misterID

The media always lies to you. Except when they're telling you what you want to hear. Then they're telling you the truth.

It's been out for about a month.
The only real "leaked" concept art specific to phase 2.0 that I'm aware of are two sketches of the proposed ride vehicle for the Gringotts Coaster/Drop/Effects ride.
The rest of the art you see on websites is likely from the London indoor Diagon Alley exhibit.

More importantly, the Florida Management Office mistakenly posted the grading plans that Universal had submitted for government approval. People have been able to extrapolate full pavilion diagrams from these plans and even construct what are probably very accurate computer models.

Universal has yet to make any official announcements about the expansion, probably because they know that guests often put off their plans to visit until things like this are complete, so I wouldn't plan on any more concept art coming out intentionally until the expansion is nearly ready.

Wow, just saw/read about the new attraction. Why in the world are they calling this a coaster? Because that's what I thought it was. It's nothing like I imagined. Sounds amazing. That's how an Avengers ride should be. I did think an AVATAR attraction would play to WDI's strengths, now I'm not too sure about that.

Jim Handy

I'm also going to throw it out there that some people on Twitter were at Festival of the Lion King today.

So...yeah.

Unless the land was only closed for part of the day.

But still no pics and no word except from two people here.

So...that.

Patricia Melton

I had my niece and nephew over today and during their coloring time I actually put the movie Avatar on, as I had only seen it once and the kids had only seen it two times before. I really tried to watch it with an open mind this time and tried to look for things that would be fun in a theme park.

About 1/3 of the way through it, my niece wanted to listen to music instead of the movie but my nephew wanted to keep watching because he was drawing then animals in the movie. The compromise was to turn off the TV's sound and to let my niece have her music on. I actually liked Avatar much better with the sound off.

I think a Pandora area of DAK would be beautiful. I just don't want the Avatar story forced on me. I thought it was a lot of propaganda and "humans are bad" nonsense. But I thought the blue cat people were interesting and my nephew enjoys drawing the animals from that movie. I can see a lot of fun Imagineering potential with the imagery from Pandora but I don't want the Avatar story recreated in any way. I am hoping, however, that the sequel movies are not more of the "humans are bad" garbage.

Conservation is a natural fit for DAK, but I don't want too obvious a political message weaved into a Pandora area.

Donald96

lol I forgot my camera. I swear, and they didn't build a wall they just roped it off. I would not lie, but they weren't up for very long during park hours; as people were stopped at the gate from 9:00 to when I went to investigate at 9:45. However, they must have been taken down soon after as there was a 10:30 showing of FotLK. But please trust me!
Apparantley I'm Maurice here... but replace beast with ballons :(

Donald96

This is ridiculus. First of all, I'm not AVATAR's #1 fan and would like for this "land" to be cancelled. Second, of all what motive do I have to LIE!?!? Don't get me wrong I love Disney with a passion but I would not lie over it!

Patricia Melton

Oh Patty, you always have something to say, and it's almost always a novel. You've missed your calling. You should be or should have been an author or blogger.

Oh Henry,

If you think three paragraphs is a novel then you must not read very much. Three paragraphs is not even a Dr. Seuss book. Your hyperbole is ridiculous. Not everything in life needs to be 140 characters like on Twitter and no one appointed you the arbiter of how others may express themselves.

Patricia Melton

This is ridiculus. First of all, I'm not AVATAR's #1 fan and would like for this "land" to be cancelled. Second, of all what motive do I have to LIE!?!? Don't get me wrong I love Disney with a passion but I would not commit a sin over it!

There are some really paranoid people out there who think that everyone has an agenda. It's comical.

I believe you saw sight-line balloons if you say you did. Clearly they are in the very, very early stages of planning the DAK expansion.

You see the balloons up today jives with what a few others reported on in the last few weeks in terms of DCA's Imagineers moving on to a Florida project now that Carsland and BVS are finished and up and running. It would make sense that if in the last month those Imagineers are moving on to a Florida project that the site tests for DAK would be starting.

I would love to know if you saw the balloons in Camp Mickey Minnie's area. That is where I think Pandora will be built, and that also jives with Lion King being moved to Africa. I bet in the next few months, after FLE opens probably, we will start to hear about a final date for Camp Mickey Minnie to be open. By the end of 2013, I think that area will be walled off and we'll begin to hear about Pandora coming around 2016 or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom