No Name

What? Are you serious? You understand that "complete" can just mean "not missing parts," right? Of course there's always room for improvement and the parks should always continue to grow. Do you really think that what I wrote means what you are suggesting--that once Pandora is done there will never be any need for anything more or better at AK? Do you think that once Tomorrowland opened at MK I think they should have stopped there? Are you just trolling me?

I'm not trolling you one bit. Sure, let's say that complete means "not missing parts." Well, how was the park missing a part before Avatar Land, and how is it no longer missing a part after? I would argue that it's missing a part because Dinoland USA still exists and does not jive with the rest of the park. I would argue that it's missing a part because there's no parade.

Look, I hate to sound stubborn, and I now understand what you meant. But me and my buddy Walt feel that "complete" is a poor word choice, and "full-day" is actually what you are trying to say.

In the 1990's, WDI used to try so hard to make the queues entertaining before cell phones.

I agree that their queue work in the 90s was great. But it's still been great lately, at least in my opinion. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has a fun queue, the double Dumbo has the very neat system of playing in the circus tent while you wait your time, Under The Sea and Frozen Ever After have nice queues... They also improved some of the old ones, like Peter Pan's Flight's.

Queues back then were different than they are today. In the 90s they loved the preshow video, whereas earlier this decade and perhaps still now, they seem to be in love with interactive queues. This year they have been in love with creatively (or uncreatively, in some cases) surprising you with your name or other information.

Some people favor certain of these over others, but I'm just happy to see their "queue love" change over the years, because that creates the variation that we have today.

Last edited:

twebber55

Thanks phoenicians

Very well said. In a park like AK, it's easy to find and develop new attractions that are current and relevant. A few subtle changes near Dinosaur can also help make a difference. These will lead to expansion in another area to help round out and spread out guest experiences. AK is a young park comparatively speaking. The next 10 years will be quite positive. Next year will be amazing.

*1023*
I just hope they don't go further in to the ip realm at DAK. There are very few that would work well. The only other one that really comes to mind is Zootopia which I'm sure will be somewhere in the 10 year plan. I'd really like to see an Australia section or a Dinoland revamp getting rid of the carnival theme.

S 2

@Slowjack , well then that's even worse.

A theme park is never complete so long as there is imagination left in the world. Even with Avatar Land, the park will only have a handful of big rides and attractions. Sure, we could argue all day on that, but my point is, DAK still has a ways to go. And there is always room for improvement.

@S 2 , you complain about others' negativity, yet to say that a park is complete is awfully lacking in optimism.

What I'm saying is the animal kingdom I experienced 10 years ago left me wanting more and excited to where it was headed, and I feel now there is an actual hub with enough lands to satisfy me and I think many others, especially when compared to the park that originally opened around 2000.

Last edited:

ABQ

Has it been confirmed by anybody that Fallon would be getting a custom ride-system?

I ask because the wording makes me inclined to believe it is in fact Avatar.
As we're already off topic, reading up on the Fallon coaster, one ironic thing of note. As the industry is so intertwined, the motion capture portions of the 4D film are being done by Walt Disney Company property, Industrial Light and Magic.

No Name

What I'm saying is the animal kingdom I experienced 10 years ago left me wanting more and excited to where it was headed, and I feel now there is an actual hub with enough lands to satisfy me and I think many others, especially when compared to the park that originally opened in 2000.

It opened in 1998. But let's end this here, as I understand what you intended to say, and hopefully you understand my point. Perhaps you do not, in which case, still, there's nothing more that I can say.

Last edited:

Stripes

Premium Member
As we're already off topic, reading up on the Fallon coaster, one ironic thing of note. As the industry is so intertwined, the motion capture portions of the 4D film are being done by Walt Disney Company property, Industrial Light and Magic.
I know...the irony, haha! I don't really have a huge problem with pixie dusters, but it will be very interesting to see their reactions to say the least!
Back to topic: does anybody think there will be physical sets flying into vision on Flight of Passage? I believe @rioriz said something about that, but it may be my imagination.

Edit:Side note: didn't ILM create the film for Transformers as well?

Last edited:

Siren

288wcxh.jpg

I wonder if Disney would consider a glow in the dark path like the Van Gogh-Roosegaarde that was inspired by Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night.

14dcxa8.jpg

OMG. This is so romantic and beautiful. Like, it's been a minute since I've owned a bike -- and that was a Pink Cannondale that I had during undergrad. LOL. Anyway, I would totally purchase another bike just to ride on this path. And, I also like how the path looks natural during the day, but still lights up the night.

And, the ideology behind the company that designed this path mirrors the ethos of Pandora.
"Roosegaarde is known for creating “tactile high-tech environments in which viewer and space become one. This connection, established between ideology and technology, results in what Roosegaarde calls ‘techno-poetry’. His often interactive work connects people with art and people with people.”

And, then there is another glow in the dark bike path that was just unveiled in Poland a few weeks ago.

30mbazt.jpg

302p7y0.jpg

It's really blue, like Avatar blue! It's even blue during the daytime. LOL.

11ac03p.jpg

"Luminophore particles in the asphalt collect energy from the sun, that energy is then used at night, when the path lights up for up to 10 hours."
"It illuminates a very bright blue, which is gorgeous against the dark forest and river at night."
"The glow is a very nice complement to the area's beautiful nature, lakes, small hills and countryside."
Any of these gorgeous paths could totally work in Avatarland -- it would be so amazing and beautiful. So, we'll see.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-18_19-27-35.png
    upload_2016-10-18_19-27-35.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom