Rob562

288wcxh.jpg

I wonder if Disney would consider a glow in the dark path like the Van Gogh-Roosegaarde that was inspired by Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night.

14dcxa8.jpg

OMG. This is so romantic and beautiful. Like, it's been a minute since I've owned a bike -- and that was a Pink Cannondale that I had during undergrad. LOL. Anyway, I would totally purchase another bike just to ride on this path. And, I also like how the path looks natural during the day, but still lights up the night.

And, the ideology behind the company that designed this path mirrors the ethos of Pandora.

And, then there is another glow in the dark bike path that was just unveiled in Poland a few weeks ago.

30mbazt.jpg

302p7y0.jpg

It's really blue, like Avatar blue! It's even blue during the daytime. LOL.

11ac03p.jpg

Any of these gorgeous paths could totally work in Avatarland -- it would be so amazing and beautiful. So, we'll see.

Since WDI has already shown video of them testing pathways with surfaces that glow and actually react to people walking on them like in the movie, I'm pretty sure they're planning on going beyond just glow-in-the-dark paints on the paths.

-Rob

ABQ

Do we think the D23 in park gathering at DAK will be simply for ROL or will they include some type of Pandora experience? Obviously Joe Rohde and and Jim Cameron will be in town for this. Hopefully in 4 weeks we ll have a good idea of what we re getting
Has it been said that Cameron will be in town or are you saying that obviously he would have to be if such a Pandora experience were to take place? I know there's also a big event in November planned for D23. Tough to say what any of these events will include though.

ABQ

i would hope this is a somewhat big reveal since JC will be making a special trip.
Amazing we know more about SWL and TSL than Pandora
I found this as part of the November event, Sunday the 20th:

11:05 a.m. — Pandora – The World of AVATAR
AVATAR creators James Cameron (writer, director, producer) and Jon Landau (producer) and Imagineer Joe Rohde unveil new details about the immersive, 12-acre land coming soon to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

For some reason I thought there were two things taking place, one in the near future and this one in November, guess it's just the one. Getting my head all twisted following this thread and the Rivers of Light one.

twebber55

I found this as part of the November event, Sunday the 20th:

11:05 a.m. — Pandora – The World of AVATAR
AVATAR creators James Cameron (writer, director, producer) and Jon Landau (producer) and Imagineer Joe Rohde unveil new details about the immersive, 12-acre land coming soon to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

For some reason I thought there were two things taking place, one in the near future and this one in November, guess it's just the one. Getting my head all twisted following this thread and the Rivers of Light one.
This is scheduled for 11:05-12:00 dont know if it will last an hour, thats a long time to talk about a land...
here's what im hoping
1. At least a season when its opening (ie summer2017)
2. More info in FOP
3. What we can do besides ride two rides, i mean besides vague words like explore the land
4. Picture from inside the boat ride
5. Picture from within land of floating mtns from ground level

Last edited:

ABQ

This is scheduled for 11:05-12:00 dont know if tit will last an hour, thats a long time to talk about a land...
here's what im hoping
1. At least a season when its opening (ie summer2017)
2. More info in FOP
3. What we can do besides ride two rides, i mean besides vague words like explore the land
4. Picture from inside the boat ride
5. Picture from within land of floating mtns from ground level
So you want more than just wild hand gestures and a big left ear lobe flopping around to and fro on Rohde? That's some heavy demands you have there, you know?

S 2

What? Are you serious? You understand that "complete" can just mean "not missing parts," right? Of course there's always room for improvement and the parks should always continue to grow. Do you really think that what I wrote means what you are suggesting--that once Pandora is done there will never be any need for anything more or better at AK? Do you think that once Tomorrowland opened at MK I think they should have stopped there? Are you just trolling me?

That's exactly what it is, and its kind of ironic that instead of me providing evidence of the negative passive-aggressiveness a small group of mostly premium members give to this site, that they did it for me LOL. I feel like I'm taking bait to explain it even further but... I said 'complete' (notice the quotes) intentionally. It's amazing that this same group of trolls (who seem to turn up everywhere on this site) could turn my original post, in which I said: "I'm so excited to see the opening of this new land!" into something negative. I really think that if I ever found myself in such a cloud of negativity (especially on a Disney website!) that I would log off for a few days. I think some people are so deep into the inner workings of the parks that they are incapable of seeing the magic anymore. There's also a narcissistic quality to them as well in which what they are really trying to say is "I KNOW MORE THAN THE DISNEY IMAGINEERS", which we all know isn't true.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

i know im setting myself up for a huge disappointment ;)
Disney has a lot riding on this land. Cameron will hopefully give us a lot of the small details to the land that hasn't been made public yet. I video of them walking us through the land explaining what the guest will experience would be nice and also, give us an idea how massive this project is. I guess we will see.

S 2

Disney has a lot riding on this land. Cameron will hopefully give us a lot of the small details to the land that hasn't been made public yet. I video of them walking us through the land explaining what the guest will experience would be nice and also, give us an idea how massive this project is. I guess we will see.

Disney constantly finds a way to surprise and impress me with every new creation they attempt. Even ideas that seem questionable at the time come back and blow me away. I'm really looking forward to the resort as a whole 5 years from now and watching the construction unfold every few weeks is so cool! I'm counting down the days for the D23 forum, can't wait for more details to come out!! Do you think that with the adventure theme of the forum that there may be a big announcement coming concerning Adventureland?!

No Name

i would hope this is a somewhat big reveal since JC will be making a special trip.
Amazing we know more about SWL and TSL than Pandora

Frozen Ever After got a warmer-than-expected reception on here, largely because it was such a positive surprise on opening day. I'd say the same goes for Hogsmeade in IoA.

If they feel that Avatar Land is generally being underestimated or isn't garnering a ton of interest from the public, then I think they'd have good results going with the FEA strategy. They won't get the same kind of marketing buzz going into opening, but I think once it does indeed open, it would have a larger "wow" impact.

RSoxNo1

Frozen Ever After got a warmer-than-expected reception on here, largely because it was such a positive surprise on opening day. I'd say the same goes for Hogsmeade in IoA.

If they feel that Avatar Land is generally being underestimated or isn't garnering a ton of interest from the public, then I think they'd have good results going with the FEA strategy. They won't get the same kind of marketing buzz going into opening, but I think once it does indeed open, it would have a larger "wow" impact.
Most people on here expected Frozen Ever After to be at least at Little Mermaid quality. It probably exceeded that, but the issues that have been cited since it was officially announced still hold true. It's in the wrong location and has horrible capacity. While the imagineers did a great job it doesn't make the attraction any less of a mistake.

No Name

Most people on here expected Frozen Ever After to be at least at Little Mermaid quality. It probably exceeded that, but the issues that have been cited since it was officially announced still hold true. It's in the wrong location and has horrible capacity. While the imagineers did a great job it doesn't make the attraction any less of a mistake.

Oh yes, and I agree. But just about everyone on here knew that capacity would be unchanged and believed that it would not fit the location. What we did not have solid details on was the quality of the ride, and once opening day came, that aspect exceeded many people's expectations.

So for Avatar, nothing we already know will likely change. The boat ride is a bit short, the other ride is a simulator, there are floating mountains, and it's modeled off of the world of a 2009 sci-fi/adventure movie. But what people don't know has the ability to surprise them.

There are advantages to generating excitement early and advantages to generating more excitement right around opening. I'm no marketing expert, but was just saying that maybe it's to Disney advantage to not reveal much.

BrianLo

It's in the wrong location and has horrible capacity. While the imagineers did a great job it doesn't make the attraction any less of a mistake.

I don't think anyone has been allowed to forget those facts. And while the attraction was a mistake, it doesn't mean it isn't a good attraction.

Little Mermaid on the other hand wasn't a mistake, but was a bad attraction.

It'd be nice if TDO could maybe give us something that checks off both categories (cough Pandora Star Wars cough), but if I had to choose I'd pick a mistakingly good attraction.

RSoxNo1

I don't think anyone has been allowed to forget those facts. And while the attraction was a mistake, it doesn't mean it isn't a good attraction.

It'd be nice if TDO could maybe give us something that checks off both categories (cough Pandora Star Wars cough), but if I had to choose I'd pick a mistakingly good attraction.
It's actually a very good attraction which is part of the problem. If it was worse than Little Mermaid in theory it would reduce the demand. Because of the lack of capacity change it was a lose lose situation.

twebber55

Hey @BrianLo

I need one of your side by side comparisons of carsland and pandora 6 months out

BrianLo

Hey @BrianLo

I need one of your side by side comparisons of carsland and pandora 6 months out

I feel like Beetlejuice; Quoted/Tagged three times!

Toothpicks were still up on the bottom half of the range

6066303010_76869c5a4e_z.jpg

Some of the final structures were just being added.

6044198195_3e1c19aac0_z.jpg

6044748822_98c1d01e25_z.jpg

The last portion of the rock work was just getting filled in.

6200550169_c7bfde95da_z.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

Trees were going in, but no pathways yet.

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

Ground prefab flourishes were being brought in.

disney_carsland_leaningtoweroftires.jpg

Toothpicks are off the mountains - but >3/4 of the range, some of the final structures are being added (River Journey Queue), the last portion of rock work is about to be filled in, trees are going in (and some preliminary pathways), ground prefab flourishes are being brought in.

10-13-2016-3-12-23-pm-jpg.169286

The one big difference is Carsland is more busy with structures whereas Pandora needs to be filled in primarily with plant life.

twebber55

I feel like Beetlejuice; Quoted/Tagged three times!

Toothpicks were still up on the bottom half of the range

6066303010_76869c5a4e_z.jpg

Some of the final structures were just being added.

6044198195_3e1c19aac0_z.jpg

6044748822_98c1d01e25_z.jpg

The last portion of the rock work was just getting filled in.

6200550169_c7bfde95da_z.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

Trees were going in, but no pathways yet.

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

Ground prefab flourishes were being brought in.

disney_carsland_leaningtoweroftires.jpg

Toothpicks are off the mountains - but >3/4 of the range, some of the final structures are being added (River Journey Queue), the last portion of rock work is about to be filled in, trees are going in (and some preliminary pathways), ground prefab flourishes are being brought in.

10-13-2016-3-12-23-pm-jpg.169286

The one big difference is Carsland is more busy with structures whereas Pandora needs to be filled in primarily with plant life.
You're money!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom