Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It would have to be a massive expansion out to the east in order to do that, and personally I don't know how feasible that would be. If there is any truth to a resort connection I would have to think that it would have to be a completely new property. AKL and AK just seem too far away from each other...unless you would consider a 1.5 mile or so walk to be "connected"
Exactly. Logically, they are just too far apart for a walking path. Add a tram and you might have something. Either way it just sounds really far fetched unless there are some blue sky plans of resorts being built on the rather large parcel of land to the east of AK.

devoy1701

Exactly. Logically, they are just too far apart for a walking path. Add a tram and you might have something. Either way it just sounds really far fetched unless there are some blue sky plans of resorts being built on the rather large parcel of land to the east of AK.

Pandora themed Resort done in a Grand Californian-type theme park integration perhaps...

WDWmazprty

How feasable would building Avatar themed resorts be? I'm wondering if they were to actually do that, how they would be themed and how big they would be?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Pandora themed Resort done in a Grand Californian-type theme park integration perhaps...

How feasable would building Avatar themed resorts be? I'm wondering if they were to actually do that, how they would be themed and how big they would be?
Anything is possible. From what we have seen from the first movie the resort would either need to be cold, military style buildings (highly unlikely) or done with a sort of native, harmony with the land, feel with a setup similar to the tree houses. Of course part 2 and 3 could change all of that. It is a hell of an idea that would hinge greatly on the success of second and third movie as well as the park expansion. If either fall flat it would be a no go.

WDWmazprty

Anything is possible. From what we have seen from the first movie the resort would either need to be cold, military style buildings (highly unlikely) or done with a sort of native, harmony with the land, feel with a setup similar to the tree houses. Of course part 2 and 3 could change all of that. It is a hell of an idea that would hinge greatly on the success of second and third movie as well as the park expansion. If either fall flat it would be a no go.

Yeah, I hope they dont go towards the cold military buildings. I think they would definitely do better by doing the treeehouse type buildings somehow. BUt, right, 2 and 3 would probably have a big influence on the way they would be themed. Maybe they could make 2 resorts ( :shrug:) one deluxe and the other a value. That should increase the popularity of staying on site as well as bring more interest to AK itself.

Pioneer Hall

I honestly can't see them building a new deluxe resort for this. Look at how long it took to get POP part II going again.

I don't see a resort based on Avatar either, it just doesn't fit with what Disney really aims to do with their hotels. However, the resorts themselves don't have to fully mesh into the park they would be closely connected to. There is nothing international about the Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk resort area, but you walk right into Epcot without issue there. I wouldn't recommend something completely outside the realm of Animal Kingdom if at some point they do connect a resort, but it doesn't have to necessarily tie into the park either.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, I hope they dont go towards the cold military buildings. I think they would definitely do better by doing the treeehouse type buildings somehow. BUt, right, 2 and 3 would probably have a big influence on the way they would be themed. Maybe they could make 2 resorts ( :shrug:) one deluxe and the other a value. That should increase the popularity of staying on site as well as bring more interest to AK itself.
If they are going to do a themed resort it would pretty much have to be a moderate or better. The increased room cost is the only way to be able to afford to maintain themed landscaping, water ways, etc. Granted they could do the cold , military style resort as a value, but I just do not see them doing that theme.

Pioneer Hall

If they are going to do a themed resort it would pretty much have to be a moderate or better. The increased room cost is the only way to be able to afford to maintain themed landscaping, water ways, etc. Granted they could do the cold , military style resort as a value, but I just do not see them doing that theme.

You really can't build a value resort with direct access to theme parks. Disney uses better access to parks as part of their selling points for the deluxe properties. Putting a value in walking distance would somewhat kill the resort classification system.

Kamikaze

You really can't build a value resort with direct access to theme parks. Disney uses better access to parks as part of their selling points for the deluxe properties. Putting a value in walking distance would somewhat kill the resort classification system.

Correct. Even though its AK, it would set a bad precedent. Especially if they were to give early entry perks of some sort.

Pioneer Hall

Correct. Even though its AK, it would set a bad precedent. Especially if they were to give early entry perks of some sort.

I wouldn't see any early entry differentiation regardless of where a resort is located. In that regard all guests would be treated the same. Animal Kingdom is considered as much a theme park as any of the other three, so I would never expect it to be treated differently in terms of any direct access resorts. To do that would be Disney saying that they don't believe Animal Kingdom is worth the same as the other 3.

_Scar

They can't even go too far West because of existing Non Disney resorts. I can kinda see them trying to connect Coronado. Build a new entrance like EPCOT has International Gateway. But then like you said how do you access it. If true I'm sure they'd find a way.

I highly doubt Avatar land will nearly double the size of DAK while having an expansion westward of CSR for them to meet. Not to mention a major road and not much expansion room for CSR.

Either there should be an entirely new resort (TRR plot) or an expansion of AKL (CMM plot).

Look at this map to see how close AKL is in comparison to CSR.

28s92is.png

Kamikaze

I wouldn't see any early entry differentiation regardless of where a resort is located. In that regard all guests would be treated the same. Animal Kingdom is considered as much a theme park as any of the other three, so I would never expect it to be treated differently in terms of any direct access resorts. To do that would be Disney saying that they don't believe Animal Kingdom is worth the same as the other 3.

They already give AK early entry perks to AKL Concierge guests - namely the Sunrise Safari stuff.

RSoxNo1

The East entrance doesn't seem to be right. I could see some sort of transport besides a bus that connects Animal Kingdom with the lodge on the right, but nothing else seems particularly logical.

Computer Magic

The East entrance doesn't seem to be right. I could see some sort of transport besides a bus that connects Animal Kingdom with the lodge on the right, but nothing else seems particularly logical.
I always thought a boat ride like the one from POFQ/POR to DTD. I don't know the distance between POFQ/POR to DTD. There could be a walking path along that route as well like the walking path from DHS to Epcot Resorts. I think the DHS to Epcot Resorts is a 1.5 mile walk?

I assume that at least a portion or attraction in Pandora will be from the sequels currently in development.. with the time for construction it would have to be current with the franchise

devoy1701

I assume that at least a portion or attraction in Pandora will be from the sequels currently in development.. with the time for construction it would have to be current with the franchise

I wouldn't be surprised if the Imagineers were now brought in on future development of the sequels atleast as a way to be able to brain storm and synergize between the film projects and the theme park projects.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not necessarily. Cameron, for the most park, knows what is going on in 2 and 3. Shooting is suppose to start soon so it is quite conceivable that there is a good deal of concept art, rough models, etc already done.

Kamikaze

Not necessarily. Cameron, for the most park, knows what is going on in 2 and 3. Shooting is suppose to start soon so it is quite conceivable that there is a good deal of concept art, rough models, etc already done.

According to this report:
http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blo...rol-avatar-3-begins-shooting-in-november.html
In what has to be the craziest rumor I've heard in some time — yes, crazier than anything Batman-related - someone has claimed that Avatar 3 will begin filming in November...which means that Avatar 2 already wrapped production earlier this year. Even granting James Cameron's penchant for insane levels of secrecy, there is absolutely no way that you could film the sequel to the most successful movie of all-time without anyone noticing, let alone without a single cast or crew member mentioning something about what they're currently working on. About all that you can say is that, if Cameron does intend on releasing the films in his previously suggested windows of 2014 and 2015, production probably will have to start in the relatively near future, but even then we haven't really gotten any sense from Cameron or anyone else that there's even a script for the sequels, let alone the sort of extensive pre-production work that would go ahead of a November start-date. So, yeah, I wouldn't even waste your grains of salt on this one.

Take it with a grain of salt, of course. But with Cameron's love of CGI and 3D and effects, it is at least plausible that filming has at least started without it becoming public knowledge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom