Skipper Dan

Seriously?

Um, dude... if this is your expression of disbelief, in him being impressed by my work, thanks a million. No excuses, but I just threw this together in seconds, so I could post it first thing in the morning, so everyone could see it. It's definitely not an example of my best work.

If you weren't 'dissing' me, well then... I feel sheepish. :cool:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Um, dude... if this is your expression of disbelief, in him being impressed by my work, thanks a million. No excuses, but I just threw this together in seconds, so I could post it first thing in the morning, so everyone could see it. It's definitely not an example of my best work.

If you weren't 'dissing' me, well then... I feel sheepish. :cool:

Nothing against you. It was directed more toward my distain for the over use of the word epic. Sorry. :eek:

jt04

If the second movie is underwater could that possibly placate the 20K leagues under the sea fans?

It would be amazing to have an underwater feature as part of the new land. Imagine projections as done in the Nemo ride through.

20K belongs at the MK and I know the perfect pad. 50th anniversary?

SidneyLawter

more speculation

Last week we ate lunch with an imagineer ("dine with an imagineer") and there were many questions asked about the announcement. The imagineer (CM Debbi) said that WDI had been exploring and planning to expand the AK to the east for some time. The goal is to connect the park with future resorts in a similar way that Epcot does. CM Debbi said that once the general area plans were in place and about a million other decisions were made then it became time to look for an anchor for the expansion. She wouldn't say what other franchises they looked at but there were several. She also said that the timing was right with Cameron because he was looking as well. Other things she said is that the east side of the park can be used for a show with fireworks and that they have tested this already to not bother the animals. Lastly she said that the actual details of the Avatar part of the expansion are far from decided on but that a presentation made to Cameron included an attraction idea that was over 8 acres all by itself and so we should expect the new land area to be quite large but that the expansion of land in general was planned to hold other new things NOT related to Avatar as well. When asked if the expansion was in the empty lot next to Asia she said no and that they had other plans for that. I hope this helps direct the speculation a little more. CM Debbi works in WDI Florida and told us a lot about the fireworks she handles. It was worth the price for sure. Sid

_Scar

Last week we ate lunch with an imagineer ("dine with an imagineer") and there were many questions asked about the announcement. The imagineer (CM Debbi) said that WDI had been exploring and planning to expand the AK to the east for some time. The goal is to connect the park with future resorts in a similar way that Epcot does. CM Debbi said that once the general area plans were in place and about a million other decisions were made then it became time to look for an anchor for the expansion. She wouldn't say what other franchises they looked at but there were several. She also said that the timing was right with Cameron because he was looking as well. Other things she said is that the east side of the park can be used for a show with fireworks and that they have tested this already to not bother the animals. Lastly she said that the actual details of the Avatar part of the expansion are far from decided on but that a presentation made to Cameron included an attraction idea that was over 8 acres all by itself and so we should expect the new land area to be quite large but that the expansion of land in general was planned to hold other new things NOT related to Avatar as well. When asked if the expansion was in the empty lot next to Asia she said no and that they had other plans for that. I hope this helps direct the speculation a little more. CM Debbi works in WDI Florida and told us a lot about the fireworks she handles. It was worth the price for sure. Sid

What interests me the the most is them wanting to connect DAK to other resorts like Epcot. Does that mean they're considering another hotel? Expansion of AKL? I'm guessing this also means that Avatar will be where CMM is located now. Happy if that's the case. :sohappy:

When you go to dine with an Imagineer, one of the first things they tell you ia they cannot discuss future projects or projects currently under development... :veryconfu

Scuttle

Not in my dream! There's plenty of budget to shoot the moon, and make a glowing nighttime show in DAK. Imagine sitting on those seats, looking over the lagoon, you'd see the floating mountains in the distance . . .

I forgot to add--Avatar 2 promises to take us under the water--and given Cameron's penchant for all things deep-sea, I wouldn't be surprised at some sort of underwater type attraction as well.

Thats what I'm most excited about. I have a feeling we will get a flying attraction and an underwater attraction.

What interests me the the most is them wanting to connect DAK to other resorts like Epcot. Does that mean they're considering another hotel? Expansion of AKL? I'm guessing this also means that Avatar will be where CMM is located now. Happy if that's the case. :sohappy:

IF they're looking to expand AK to the East how is it going in CMM? CMM is on the west. I can see them going closer to Coronado Springs.

Skipper Dan

Nothing against you. It was directed more toward my distain for the over use of the word epic. Sorry. :eek:

lol, no worries! Don't mess with me brother! :lol:

I think 2020_C.E.O's avatar is epic.

:animwink: :cool:

If any of this is true, it's very interesting... and exciting. :)

Lee

Adventurer
IF they're looking to expand AK to the East how is it going in CMM? CMM is on the west. I can see them going closer to Coronado Springs.

I found the whole "expansion to the east" to be the odd part of that post.

Connect to future resorts? On the east side? Never heard of such plans. How would it even be accessed? Between EE and the Nemo theatre?

All very suspect...

johnvree

Not sure if you guys saw this update:

James Cameron reveals a few more details of AVATAR land
Sep 26, 2011

ITN News in the United Kingdom interviewed James Cameron about the upcoming AVATAR project at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and a couple of interesting tidbits came to light about the size and scope of the land. Cameron indicated "the goal here is to put you on Pandora", it will feature a "number of attractions", occupy "12 acres of Pandora", offer a "complete experience" and "might be a half day or more" experience.

The "half day" comment seems particular interesting, as Disney's Animal Kingdom has often been criticized by guests for not offering enough to occupy an entire day at the park.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Connect to future resorts? On the east side? Never heard of such plans. How would it even be accessed? Between EE and the Nemo theatre?

All very suspect...
If the news is correct, I almost wonder if the Imagineer simply mixed up east and west. Expanding to the west would bring them closer to AK but a pretty large expansion of both the AK and AKL would be needed before they met like the Epcot resorts and Epcot do.

Pioneer Hall

If the news is correct, I almost wonder if the Imagineer simply mixed up east and west. Expanding to the west would bring them closer to AK but a pretty large expansion of both the AK and AKL would be needed before they met like the Epcot resorts and Epcot do.

It would have to be a massive expansion out to the east in order to do that, and personally I don't know how feasible that would be. If there is any truth to a resort connection I would have to think that it would have to be a completely new property. AKL and AK just seem too far away from each other...unless you would consider a 1.5 mile or so walk to be "connected"

All very suspect...

They can't even go too far West because of existing Non Disney resorts. I can kinda see them trying to connect Coronado. Build a new entrance like EPCOT has International Gateway. But then like you said how do you access it. If true I'm sure they'd find a way.

"number of attractions", occupy "12 acres of Pandora", offer a "complete experience" and "might be a half day or more" experience.

The "half day" comment seems particular interesting, as Disney's Animal Kingdom has often been criticized by guests for not offering enough to occupy an entire day at the park.

I can see it being a 1/2 day experience, the lines are going to be that looooooong...

devoy1701

It would have to be a massive expansion out to the east in order to do that, and personally I don't know how feasible that would be. If there is any truth to a resort connection I would have to think that it would have to be a completely new property. AKL and AK just seem too far away from each other...unless you would consider a 1.5 mile or so walk to be "connected"

I agree. If James Cameron's comment about the project being 12 acres is accurate, the idea of eventually linking AK to other resorts would seem to be very far down the line. And the amount of existing facilities between AK and AKL...back stage buildings, retention ponds, service roads, another cluster of service buildings on the far east side of AKL would make it quite an undertaking.

Unless perhaps it is a reference to a future project such as light rail???? (really going out on a limb there!) I don't exactly see many usable waterways that would link up, plus that would be quite a long ride...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom