Chevross

I either dreamed this or am mistaken, but wasn't Avatar mentioned a while back in one of the numerous rumor threads?

It just seems like I vaguely remember one brief mention of it a few months back while I was lurking through the threads.

Lee

Adventurer
I either dreamed this or am mistaken, but wasn't Avatar mentioned a while back in one of the numerous rumor threads?

It just seems like I vaguely remember one brief mention of it a few months back while I was lurking through the threads.

Yes, it was, but that rumor was not related to what eventually happened.

jt04

Someone mentioned it as a possibility for Epcot. THAT could have been a trial balloon.

I dare say though, that there is almost nothing Disney could announce that has not been mentioned before in these forums.

Flight Safety

I threw this together last night, and thought y'all would get a kick out of it! I seriously believe, that this is pretty much guaranteed. But don't y'all get mad at me for postin' another Avatar thread, this is different! I wanted everyone to have a chance to see my magnificent COREL work! :animwink: :ROFLOL:

Okay, this:

4593828327_74dc77b01a_o2.jpg

Will become, this:

IkranEntrance.jpg

Thoughts? :cool:

LOL, not bad...

Chevross

Ah, thanks for the answers Lee and Jt04. I guess I wasn't imagining things. It was only a different rumor over the same subject. :lol:

NoChesterHester

Someone mentioned it as a possibility for Epcot. THAT could have been a trial balloon.

I dare say though, that there is almost nothing Disney could announce that has not been mentioned before in these forums.

That is because we are a bunch of vultures circling for scoop.

Excuse me while I gain altitude to come around again....

:)

Prototype82

I threw this together last night, and thought y'all would get a kick out of it! I seriously believe, that this is pretty much guaranteed. But don't y'all get mad at me for postin' another Avatar thread, this is different! I wanted everyone to have a chance to see my magnificent COREL work! :animwink: :ROFLOL:

Okay, this:

4593828327_74dc77b01a_o2.jpg

Will become, this:

IkranEntrance.jpg

Thoughts? :cool:
Most epic thing I have ever seen.

Atomicmickey

This is buried pretty deep in the thread--would it be proper to start a new thread with this speculative rendering?

Just something I noodled on . . .

This is buried pretty deep in the thread--would it be proper to start a new thread with this speculative rendering?

Just something I noodled on . . .

I think we're all forgetting that with a budget estimated at $500 million, creating a WOC/Fantasmic type of show does not leave a whole lot left over for the other attractions, restaurants, and theming. :shrug:

PS: I'm still hoping they go for the CM-M plot...

Atomicmickey

I think we're all forgetting that with a budget estimated at $500 million, creating a WOC/Fantasmic type of show does not leave a whole lot left over for the other attractions, restaurants, and theming. :shrug:

Not in my dream! There's plenty of budget to shoot the moon, and make a glowing nighttime show in DAK. Imagine sitting on those seats, looking over the lagoon, you'd see the floating mountains in the distance . . .

I forgot to add--Avatar 2 promises to take us under the water--and given Cameron's penchant for all things deep-sea, I wouldn't be surprised at some sort of underwater type attraction as well.

Cosmic Commando

I could be way off, but I thought WoC was in the $30M range. I definitely remember, though, that it was much more expensive to install because Paradise Bay at DCA had not been designed with anything like WoC in mind. The show wouldn't cost as much at DAK because you wouldn't be ripping out the old lagoon bottom.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

All R&D is complete on WOC so the price tag would be extremely cheaper now for WOC.

wickedsoccer22

Wouldn't it be cool if they were able to add these plants into the land?

avatar-film-plants-100305-02.jpg

For those that don't remember, or don't know, when these plants are touched they shrivel up and nearly disappear.

Disneyfan1981

A little late to the game but since Disney hasn't exactly put out too much I think I can catch up. So it seems like the best logical places for this are either in Camp Minnie-Mickey or somewhere near Asia/Dinoland?

The thought of how many animatronics could go into the natural surrounding to really create the experience has me excited especially about night visits.

Prototype82

Wouldn't it be cool if they were able to add these plants into the land?

avatar-film-plants-100305-02.jpg

For those that don't remember, or don't know, when these plants are touched they shrivel up and nearly disappear.
Interactive queue. These plants were one of the first things that came to my mind when I heard the announcement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom