ibaw

I'm just always wary of supposed insiders that have extremely low post counts.

I am not claiming to agree or disagree with ANY of the opinions stated here. I rather would like to point out that some true insiders do have very low post counts. Some of us are too close to be able to say anything too much. Rather we just like to lurk and see what the rumblings are.

Scuttle

I am not claiming to agree or disagree with ANY of the opinions stated here. I rather would like to point out that some true insiders do have very low post counts. Some of us are too close to be able to say anything too much. Rather we just like to lurk and see what the rumblings are.

I hear ya, but the two most credible insiders here have very high post counts, so that's the reason.

trr1

so does anyone know if there is a budget for this new area yet? and if so lets hope that the accountants dont keep cutting it.

huntzilla

I have no idea what Al knew. Maybe nothing at all...

WDI has been actively working on this a relatively short period of time. As of now there are no firm plans or designs for anything that will appear in Avland. The $500mil is purely an estimate, just thrown out there as a ballpark figure...but is likely fairly accurate.

There will be no "cease and desist" orders. If an employee were to be caught leaking info, they could be fired for violating their NDA. That's the worst case scenario. For a site like this, or an individual poster, the most Disney can do is ask that the information/photo be pulled down.

Now, speaking for myself only, regarding the Avland info.
I heard it. Nothing specific, just the word Avatar emailed to me from a friend at WDI.
I laughed it off. I asked for an explanation, and didn't get it. Therefore, I just left it alone.
Why? Because I didn't want to stir up any noise over something that I didn't think was real. Last time I mentioned something I had very little information about (the Tron ride), it took on a life (and a thread) all it's own despite my protests that it was very vague and may never happen.
I value my reputation too much to just post every little rumor I hear.

For the record, you said it was a potential fanboy bombshell announcement, I felt it justified a thread. I didn't mean for it to spin out of control, I even said I was sorry :lol:,I simply thought a speculation thread would be fun. Of course, people freak out until they receive answers.

huntzilla- Always appreciates when Lee speaks

Map7711

E-mailed from

WDI more than a month ago? Leaking info. on such a topic through e-mail to someone is the easiest way to get fired. Why would someone risk their job in such a way? Then to ignore it all together. I know I'm in the minority. But just dont buy it. Sorry.

Map7711

Plus more

than a month ago how many people knew of this negotiation that was going on? A hand full I would expect. If one of them is friends w/ Lee-enough to email him "Avatar"-then the person knows he is on WDW Magic and posts here. If that information got out how long would it take for them to look at everyone involved emails to find the person who leaked it? About 5 seconds. Plus no one knew about this until the announcement. If this guy is sending emails that say "Avatar" to lee-why didnt it get out sooner? Seems he/she was pretty laxed about sending out info.

Map7711

And its

easy to say well I heard about this Tron ride. It may or may not get built. And when it doesnt-u can say well I said it may not get built. If by some miracle it does get built-u can say - see I told you I have all the inside info. You win both ways.

janoimagine

You clearly don't know who it is your calling out friend ... Lee is one of the most respected users on these boards, he has many contacts inside WDI and he has had an almost perfect batting record concerning upcoming projects within Disney ... tread carefully.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Lee in all this. Surprised he didnt know this was coming........ Does he have any inside scoop on what will be built?

WDI more than a month ago? Leaking info. on such a topic through e-mail to someone is the easiest way to get fired. Why would someone risk their job in such a way? Then to ignore it all together. I know I'm in the minority. But just dont buy it. Sorry.

First you want the "inside scoop" then you proclaim there was no way Lee could have gotten his information. Unfortunately for you, Lee wan't the only one who had gotten the word Avatar was coming. But because this was coming from so far out in right field none of these individuals could believe it themselves until the official word came from Disney.

Map7711

I knew this would

come up. Listen-all I'm saying is that I thought it was real weak to say "oh yea I knew about it a month ago-just didnt belive the guy who sent it to me". I would have been more impressed if he said-"u know what guys-didnt know this was coming, they kept this secret pretty good"

janoimagine

come up. Listen-all I'm saying is that I thought it was real weak to say "oh yea I knew about it a month ago-just didnt belive the guy who sent it to me". I would have been more impressed if he said-"u know what guys-didnt know this was coming, they kept this secret pretty good"

Whats even 'weaker' is being a junior forum member taking cheap shots at a senior member wih a proven record ... Great start kido. :wave:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
asking for inside scoop as he knew about this a month ago-so by now he must know something more-right? Get it?

Of course. And now you're insulting him because he didn't get right back to you. A little tantrum, if you will......

Lee

Adventurer
Almost all of the info I get comes via email. It's actually one of the best ways not to get fired.

than a month ago how many people knew of this negotiation that was going on? A hand full I would expect.
Only if by handful you mean a hundred or so.
This deal moved into the contract negotiation phase quite some time ago. It has been through the hands of the executive staff, Disney Legal, and WDI over the last few months, not to mention the folks at Lightstorm and Fox.
I commend them for keeping it as quiet as they did, since normally it would have leaked wide much earlier.

If one of them is friends w/ Lee-enough to email him "Avatar"-then the person knows he is on WDW Magic and posts here. If that information got out how long would it take for them to look at everyone involved emails to find the person who leaked it? About 5 seconds.
Isn't it obvious? Really?
None of my sources is dumb enough to email me sensitive information via company email.:lol:
To date, none of my sources have been compromised...despite Disney's putting a little bit of effort into it.:lookaroun

Plus no one knew about this until the announcement.
Huh? Many people knew about it, it just wasn't common knowledge in the fan community.

easy to say well I heard about this Tron ride. It may or may not get built. And when it doesnt-u can say well I said it may not get built. If by some miracle it does get built-u can say - see I told you I have all the inside info. You win both ways.
Such is the nature of the rumor business.:lol:
Unless you are looking over my shoulder at emails of info or concept art, you have no reason to believe anything I say, other than my track record. If you choose to think I'm making stuff up....that's up to you.

Which I woud have said. I do not claim to know everything about everything, and in this case they did a better than usual job of keeping a lid on it.

Honest truth? I blew a huge scoop. I don't mind admitting that.:shrug:

Skipper Dan

My Avatar prediction...

I threw this together last night, and thought y'all would get a kick out of it! I seriously believe, that this is pretty much guaranteed. But don't y'all get mad at me for postin' another Avatar thread, this is different! I wanted everyone to have a chance to see my magnificent COREL work! :animwink: :ROFLOL:

Okay, this:

4593828327_74dc77b01a_o2.jpg

Will become, this:

IkranEntrance.jpg

Thoughts? :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom