dstrawn9889

speaking of the flight ride, does anyone have an idea of what exactly the experience would be like? Would I sit down into a cramped banshee with 5 other people or would I mount one by myself? Would the banshee (and I'm just assuming it will be a banshee-like vehicle) move more than just simple turns like Soarin? Would the experience be customizable/different each time like with Test Track's design features or Star Tours random (but limited) voyages? Or would each 'flight' be completely unique, granting riders full control to explore the world around them? sigh... :(that's a stretch, but i can only dream
still think it will be this, but a little more themed
iride.jpg

Cesar R M

Makes sense when you consider the size of a Human (not Na'vi) to a Banshee. Also we don't have to be on the Banshee. A good explanation could be that we're being carried by one instead.
Technicallyl, riding on top wouldn't make sense still .. a Navi is 3 meter tall, which means 2 humans.. that would fit.. what? 4 humans in a single banshee?
Id expect to see us "being carried' (as in us BELOW the banshees, not above)
That would fit the mechanism of Soarin'.
Aka, hiding the "top" of the "flying chair" by the breathing banshee head and stuff..

But also.. like others said about having the video on loop all the time.. It could be interesting to see a different loading system than just "straight upwards" from Soarin.
Imagine the "banshees" moving sideways as a Na'vi call them to the loading spot (aka we fly a tamed banshee while the other Navi do the ritual thing).

Thats just what my imagination says about the ride description.
I cant wait to see the final thing by myself!

The last resort that would make sense size considering, is us riding the giant "Toruk" (great leonopteryx)

HouseHacker97

I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if it turns out to be that similar to soarin. I really don't understand why people enjoy it? You literally just sit there in front of a Tv screen watching 5 second clips of landscapes. Disney said this would be far more thrilling with a different experience that would make you feel like you are actually flying. Soarin is no more a ride than the 360 films at Epcot

Beholder

Or a terrifying one, as it means some sort of undead, zombie narration. I think Richard Attenborough passed away in 2014, didn't he?

August of 2014, but that's why I said "would've been great". I'll take a Sigourney Weaver narration though. In the spirit of the undead theme, I think Norman Reedus would be awesome!

JohnWD

I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if it turns out to be that similar to soarin. I really don't understand why people enjoy it? You literally just sit there in front of a Tv screen watching 5 second clips of landscapes. Disney said this would be far more thrilling with a different experience that would make you feel like you are actually flying. Soarin is no more a ride than the 360 films at Epcot
I love Soarin'! It's the combination of feeling I'm in a glider and being engulfed in great California locations. Maybe because I've seen them all from the ground makes the aerial view so exciting.

That said, I am expecting an immersive thrill ride. I never saw the movie in the theater, and was never interested in seeing it. But when Disney announced the land, I bought the movie and saw it in 3d on my TV. The bonding to the Banshee scene and the other Banshee scenes were very exciting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I love Soarin, and I do feel like it's gives you the sensation of flying. With that said, I am really hoping Avatar takes this to the next level. As other's have said it really need to immerse you completely in the flying experience.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I love Soarin'! It's the combination of feeling I'm in a glider and being engulfed in great California locations. Maybe because I've seen them all from the ground makes the aerial view so exciting.

That said, I am expecting an immersive thrill ride. I never saw the movie in the theater, and was never interested in seeing it. But when Disney announced the land, I bought the movie and saw it in 3d on my TV. The bonding to the Banshee scene and the other Banshee scenes were very exciting.

In case anyone wonders, no I didn't create a second account to post this. ;)

jt04

Who, what, where? Huh?

Please don't burden the Dragon with that rumor!

Soarin' is my concept BTW. o_O The idea not the engineering.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Perhaps a National Geographic style documentary on the flora and fauna of Pandora. Of course, if it were possible, a narration by Richard Attenborough would've been great.

I believe you mean David Attenborough (who narrated a vast many nature documentaries and the younger brother of Richard) and not Richard Attenborough (who was John Hammond in Jurassic Park)...

Cesar R M

Perhaps a National Geographic style documentary on the flora and fauna of Pandora. Of course, if it were possible, a narration by Richard Attenborough would've been great.
Baron Richard Attenborought died back in 2014... and he was more an actor and director than voice related.

You have other options.. like Sir Ian McKellen, Liam Neeson, George Takei, Gary Oldman, Patrick Stewart, J.K Simmons, Jeff Bridges...etc..

Beholder

I believe you mean David Attenborough (who narrated a vast many nature documentaries and the younger brother of Richard) and not Richard Attenborough (who was John Hammond in Jurassic Park)...

I meant Richard, I actually liked his voice/accent and was thinking that the association with JP would be somewhat fitting considering the "nature" of Pandora.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom