P_Radden

which gives this picture more credence

Looks like the boar ride exits the big red square but may still be inside the building. See the yellow circle and red arrows:
asdfasdfsad.jpg

flyerjab

I would think that Disney would have the majority of this ride indoors (if not all of it). I'm probably wrong in my thinking but I would think that they would want more rides in this park that aren't impacted by weather. Also, I am assuming that this ride will also have some of those really advanced AAs that Cameron has hinted at in the past. I would be surprised if they were of the 'all weather' variety. Who knows though.

BrianLo

What I mean is, does the route go all the way around the outside of the e ticket? It doesn't look like there is any 'scenery' going 360 around.
Where does the route go? Perhaps draw a sketch on an overhead? Here's my confusion.

s3NNU8g.jpg

No, it would have to loop back in the way it came. The trench likely is part of the same retention water system as the boat ride as well, which is why it looks so 'connected'.

I don't know, I'm on the fence.

@flyerjab - I would imagine *if* there is an outdoor portion, it would be scenic only to show off all the rock work. The AA's will assuredly all be indoors. Think Radiator Springs Racers, or to an extent Splash Mountain.

P_Radden

Now I'm really intrigued to know the rest of path of the boat ride! With one path going left and the other going right, there must be another big section missing. You would think that from looking at this, there would be a good possibility of part of it being outdoors, but the other option is it goes up a level above or down a level below the path we see in the diagram.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Now I'm really intrigued to know the rest of path of the boat ride! With one path going left and the other going right, there must be another big section missing. You would think that from looking at this, there would be a good possibility of part of it being outdoors, but the other option is it goes up a level above or down a level below the path we see in the diagram.

These plans were for the Flight of Passage show building. It is quite possible that the layout of the boat ride shown in these plans was never intended to be an accurate representation of what was going to be built, or maybe it was a very early concept. Don't take the boat ride shown in those plans as gospel.

P_Radden

These plans were for the Flight of Passage show building. It is quite possible that the layout of the boat ride shown in these plans was never intended to be an accurate representation of what was going to be built, or maybe it was a very early concept. Don't take the boat ride shown in those plans as gospel.

Good point. Still fun to ponder none the less.

Atomicmickey

I guess that's what I thought, too. The boat ride was more of a "boat ride goes here" placeholder. It's a coin flip at this point.

New aerials might help, but no update from nearmap, and our resident aerial sleuths, something tells me Disney has them prisoner,
locked in a basement somewhere. Odd that with two people doing it, not one of them has popped in to say hi.

P_Radden

Speaking of Nearmap... Is there a set schedule of when they update their imagery, as in quarterly or twice a year? I remember there were no updates for months until the week following D23...how convenient..

RandySavage

I think it is more likely than not that the blueprints show the actual boat ride layout (partial).

Here's an interpretation.

-The wall north of the Flight of Passage Building looks like it could be part of the inevitable post-ride shop (topmost right building below):
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-at-D23-Expo-2015-71.jpg

(photocredit: damouse.com)
-The lower right ad-on to the River Journey building looks like the ride maintenance shed.

-The hypothesized boat ride length is in line with a "C-ticket" (e.g. 4 show-rooms + boarding, <5minutes in length).

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Speaking of Nearmap... Is there a set schedule of when they update their imagery, as in quarterly or twice a year? I remember there were no updates for months until the week following D23...how convenient..

Their web site says the Orlando area will be photographed "at least 3 times a year", but the two photos they have done so far were 8 months apart.

Atomicmickey

I think it is more likely than not that the blueprints show the actual boat ride layout (partial).

View attachment 118838

-The wall north of the Flight of Passage Building looks like it could be part of the inevitable post-ride shop (topmost right building below):

-The lower right ad-on to the River Journey building looks like the ride maintenance shed.

-The hypothesized boat ride length is in line with a "C-ticket" (e.g. 4 show-rooms + boarding, <5minutes in length).

I'm on board with this illustration. Nice work!

EDIT: Where's the boat ride queue? Hmm . . .

Last edited:

RandySavage

Wish someone could have somehow gotten a hi-res top-down view of the D23 model with a selfie stick or something... would help piece together the puzzle.

DisneyRoy

View attachment 118838

Nice overlay. However, the layout for the boat ride looks a little short to me. How does this layout compare to say PotC?

RandySavage

Nice overlay. However, the layout for the boat ride looks a little short to me. How does this layout compare to say PotC?
^As drawn, maybe 1/3 of the length of PotC track. The showbuilding footprint as indicated by aerial photos is no Pirates. That discounts a 2nd level or getting creative and going North of the waterfall queue (under the entrance/entrance) as discussed a few posts up.

I haven't been following Pandora/Avatar too closely. Has there been any official/insider indication the boat ride would be a PotC-scale attraction (an E-ticket) versus something much shorter? The C-ticket label on the official blueprints would mean something pretty modest. Great cutting-ege FX and AAs (as likely) would probably bump it up, so brevity might bump it down.

Would love to have a long, multi-level, atmospheric E boat ride, but I think expecting that may be setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Chris82

^As drawn, maybe 1/3 of the length of PotC track. The showbuilding footprint as indicated by aerial photos is no Pirates. That discounts a 2nd level or getting creative and going North of the waterfall queue (under the entrance/entrance) as discussed a few posts up.

I haven't been following Pandora/Avatar too closely. Has there been any official/insider indication the boat ride would be a PotC-scale attraction (an E-ticket) versus something much shorter? The C-ticket label on the official blueprints would mean something pretty modest. Great cutting-ege FX and AAs (as likely) would probably bump it up, so brevity might bump it down.

Would love to have a long, multi-level, atmospheric E boat ride, but I think expecting that may be setting ourselves up for disappointment.

That's a really good point. What I'm wondering is, for comparison's sake, what former or existing boat ride qualifies as a "C-ticket?" El Rio del Donald? Canal Boats of the World circa 1955? Maelstrom?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There has been very little information on the boat ride either officially or from insiders. I don't think there has been anything to indicate how long the ride would be other then the available space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom