flyerjab

As long as we get to play armchair imagineer for two seconds...

I want a South America area built with:
1. An Amazonian "Jungle Cruise"... except with real animals, of course.
2. A walking path inspired by the Incan Trail, again, more animals.
3. A signature dark ride themed to Up - to meet their IP quota.

WDUPTLD09.jpg

I don't think that is asking too much. :D

I concur. Excellent job with the armchair!

Rteetz

It was just one of those things I was mulling over the other day. He does travel a lot, but when he travels for pleasure, he is most likely always working because he seems to love what he does. Want to build an attraction about Everest and the Yeti? Well then, let's travel to Everest and find out everything we can. I was thinking that whether he is traveling for pleasure or work, he most likely is retaining photos and other odds and ends that he picks up to use as inspiration down the road. I still think that when everyone mentions what to add next to DAK (whenever that happens again, most likely not for a long, long time), that South America, rain forests and such would be perfect for this park. I am actually surprised it wasn't included to begin with. There is such a strong theme with conservation and that part of the world.
Looks like Joe is back in AK tonight based on his most recent posts.

HauntedMansionFLA

It was just one of those things I was mulling over the other day. He does travel a lot, but when he travels for pleasure, he is most likely always working because he seems to love what he does. Want to build an attraction about Everest and the Yeti? Well then, let's travel to Everest and find out everything we can. I was thinking that whether he is traveling for pleasure or work, he most likely is retaining photos and other odds and ends that he picks up to use as inspiration down the road. I still think that when everyone mentions what to add next to DAK (whenever that happens again, most likely not for a long, long time), that South America, rain forests and such would be perfect for this park. I am actually surprised it wasn't included to begin with. There is such a strong theme with conservation and that part of the world.
I wish Joe was in charge of the Star Wars brand after seeing what he can do with DAK. South American would be a cool addition with a lot of education value for everyone. That would be the sweet part of his job - I have to go research beautiful places across the world for my job. :)

Rteetz

Very cool. Any word if Zsolt Hormay has started his magic yet? I guess I should get a twitter account and follow Joe. Anything to report?
Well Joe has been talking about details in AK at night. I'd imagine Zsolt Hormay is just getting his stuff together or already underway considering they have started putting concrete on one section of the mountains.

BrianLo

I was checking out this picture and thought I noticed something
if you look to the right of the steps I think you see the boat ride
so im back on board as it goes partly outside

You know what...

- Looking at near map what you are suggesting is technically feasible.
- There is a lower ground level trench running the entire length from the River Journey show building (in front of the Flight of Passage show building) to that area.
- It will most assuredly be full of water from waterfall run off (whether or not anything else runs through it).
- It is certainly wide enough to accommodate two boat widths to provide passage there and back again.
- It would provide a pretty gorgeous additional vantage point to all the rock work.
- It is pretty long and would add quite a bit of length to the ride.
- It reminds me of how they show case the rock work on Radiator Springs Racers.
- The trench seems to run a little too "perfectly" into the boat show building.

My post was originally going to start with 'I think you are imagining things'... you have me imagining now too.

HauntedMansionFLA

You know what...

- There is a lower ground level trench running the entire length from the River Journey show building (in front of the Flight of Passage show building) to that area.
- It will most assuredly be full of water from waterfall run off (whether or not anything else runs through it).
- It is certainly wide enough to accommodate two boat widths to provide passage there and back again.
- It would provide a pretty gorgeous additional vantage point to all the rock work.

My post was originally going to start with 'I think you are imagining things'... you have me imagining now too.
I hope it's as long as Splash Mountain with the capacity of Pirates. Lots of families enjoying this new land together day & night time.

Atomicmickey

You know what...

I want to believe . . . but where, off to the right, would that canal resolve itself? The ride needs to be a loop, right? I don't see it going off to the right and all the way around the building . . . thoughts?

twebber55

I want to believe . . . but where, off to the right, would that canal resolve itself? The ride needs to be a loop, right? I don't see it going off to the right and all the way around the building . . . thoughts?
there's definitely water to the right of the main E ticket building

Edit: theres also fencing in and around that area where people are standing
the more i look at it along with the near map view the more im convinced thats a boat ride

Atomicmickey

there's definitely water to the right of the main E ticket building

Edit: theres also fencing in and around that area where people are standing
the more i look at it along with the near map view the more im convinced thats a boat ride

What I mean is, does the route go all the way around the outside of the e ticket? It doesn't look like there is any 'scenery' going 360 around.
Where does the route go? Perhaps draw a sketch on an overhead? Here's my confusion.

s3NNU8g.jpg

P_Radden

Can one of you guys overlay this plan of the buildings over top the near map image?

This plan does not show the rest of the "C-Ticket Boat ride" building to the right and front of the big red square.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom