disney4life2008

Avatar land still does not sound exciting to me. The tangled restrooms were more exciting than this. I want another roller coaster something that can compete with expedition everest.

RSoxNo1

Avatar land still does not sound exciting to me. The tangled restrooms were more exciting than this. I want another roller coaster something that can compete with expedition everest.
It will be interesting to see when Disney builds another E-ticket coaster. Anything currently rumored or announced is likely a D ticket at best (Slinky Dog, Monster's Inc Door Coaster). I'm optimistic about Na'vi River Journey, but less optimistic than Flight of Passage. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not super excited about the simulator.

MerlinTheGoat

AK could perhaps use another roller coaster down the road, but at the moment the park is in dire need of additional calm rides. Navi River Journey is a good start but isn't nearly enough. Besides the hideous carny spinners, there aren't really any other decent rides that are wholly accessible to everyone. Even the Safari (though lacking a traditional height requirement) still has the associated health warnings that come with rough rides. Dinosaur has a height limit, Kali even has a height limit (and soaks guests to the bone on top of that) and the Avatar simulator will certainly have one as well.

I'd hope for a few more rides similar in intensity to dark rides, omnimovers or boat based attractions in the near future (nothing more intense than Pirates). At least 2 or 3 of those before more intense rides are added.

Last edited:

twebber55

AK could perhaps use another roller coaster down the road, but at the moment the park is in dire need of additional calm rides. Navi River Journey is a good start but isn't nearly enough. Besides the hideous carny spinners, there aren't really any other decent rides that are wholly accessible to everyone. Even the Safari (though lacking a traditional height requirement) still has the associated health warnings that come with rough rides. Dinosaur has a height limit, Kali even has a height limit (and soaks guests to the bone on top of that) and the Avatar simulator will certainly have one as well.

I'd hope for a few more rides similar in intensity to dark rides, omnimovers or boat based attractions in the near future (nothing more intense than Pirates). At least 2 or 3 of those before more intense rides are added.
agree an indoor ride would be a great addition

Chris82

I sort of wish they had made Kali into more of a Jungle Cruise-type boat ride with live animal exhibits. I think park designers tend to overestimate the draw of raft rides as "thrill attractions" anyway.

flyerjab

agree an indoor ride would be a great addition

Agreed. I always thought that they could do a Legend of the Lion King dark ride for the Africa section. I know that they have the show and all, but another dark ride would be great.

One other thing that I noticed. I know that Pandora is in full swing, so I follow Joe Rohde on Twitter. He has been traveling a lot through South America recently and posting about artwork, architecture, etc. Since South America is not represented in the park in anyway, is it significant at all that he has been visiting that part of the world?

Chris82

Agreed. I always thought that they could do a Legend of the Lion King dark ride for the Africa section. I know that they have the show and all, but another dark ride would be great.

One other thing that I noticed. I know that Pandora is in full swing, so I follow Joe Rohde on Twitter. He has been traveling a lot through South America recently and posting about artwork, architecture, etc. Since South America is not represented in the park in anyway, is it significant at all that he has been visiting that part of the world?

South America would be awesome! So much potential... but would Disney actually invest money in a non-franchise expansion? I'm not sure a Jose Carioca meet-and-greet or Cronk's Squirrel Academy would feel safe enough by itself...

doctornick

Absolutely agreed. A number of smaller scale dark rides would be welcomed and, personally, I'd love to see the next E-ticket be something similar to Mystic Manor.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I hope so. I always thought a 30 minute boat ride down the Amazon would be a great compliment to KS. Heavily themed swinging vine ride which is a little different than all the other smaller rides around property....Rainforest walk through exhibit and a comedic dinner theatre based on Emperor's New Groove with Kuzco as our host. Great land.

Chris82

I hope so. I always thought a 30 minute boat ride down the Amazon would be a great compliment to KS. Heavily themed swinging vine ride which is a little different than all the other smaller rides around property....Rainforest walk through exhibit and a comedic dinner theatre based on Emperor's New Groove with Kuzco as our host. Great land.

Ooh nice ideas. I'm a lover of all things Peruvian, so I'd also push for a gentle condor flying ride somehow, hopefully involving llamas and those awesomely creepy Nazca lines... hey, some of them depict animals, so it's within theme ;) And a cevicheria.

doctornick

I'm sure it's completely unrelated to DAK, as Rohde probably is just traveling for pleasure, but I would agree with a South America land being a great addition with plenty of possibilities.

flyerjab

I'm sure it's completely unrelated to DAK, as Rohde probably is just traveling for pleasure, but I would agree with a South America land being a great addition with plenty of possibilities.

It was just one of those things I was mulling over the other day. He does travel a lot, but when he travels for pleasure, he is most likely always working because he seems to love what he does. Want to build an attraction about Everest and the Yeti? Well then, let's travel to Everest and find out everything we can. I was thinking that whether he is traveling for pleasure or work, he most likely is retaining photos and other odds and ends that he picks up to use as inspiration down the road. I still think that when everyone mentions what to add next to DAK (whenever that happens again, most likely not for a long, long time), that South America, rain forests and such would be perfect for this park. I am actually surprised it wasn't included to begin with. There is such a strong theme with conservation and that part of the world.

BrianLo

It was just one of those things I was mulling over the other day. He does travel a lot, but when he travels for pleasure, he is most likely always working because he seems to love what he does. Want to build an attraction about Everest and the Yeti? Well then, let's travel to Everest and find out everything we can. I was thinking that whether he is traveling for pleasure or work, he most likely is retaining photos and other odds and ends that he picks up to use as inspiration down the road. I still think that when everyone mentions what to add next to DAK (whenever that happens again, most likely not for a long, long time), that South America, rain forests and such would be perfect for this park. I am actually surprised it wasn't included to begin with. There is such a strong theme with conservation and that part of the world.

As long as we get to play armchair imagineer for two seconds...

I want a South America area built with:
1. An Amazonian "Jungle Cruise"... except with real animals, of course.
2. A walking path inspired by the Incan Trail, again, more animals.
3. A signature dark ride themed to Up - to meet their IP quota.

WDUPTLD09.jpg

I don't think that is asking too much. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom