lobelia

Does anybody else remember there being a third attraction that would interface with the magic band? I thought Rhode was asked about the new attractions and if they would interact with the technology and he said something to the effect that. One thing in the land would, but the rides "not so much".

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does anybody else remember there being a third attraction that would interface with the magic band? I thought Rhode was asked about the new attractions and if they would interact with the technology and he said something to the effect that. One thing in the land would, but the rides "not so much".
From what I remember of Joe's last presentation he did mention that there would be a lot of interactive elements to the land, but I don't think he went as far as calling it an "attraction".

If I had to guess, these interactive elements could possibly add up to something considered an attraction at least to the guys that draw the park maps. Possibly something akin to The Pirate Adventure in MK.

TyTrap

Does anyone know what other Disney Park events will give us more information on world of avatar? Since D23 happens every other year and by the time the next D23 happens the land will be opened (hopefully).

flyerjab

Ok, I just enlarged the new concept art photo for that ride. Wow! If that is the amount of AAs, theming, etc. that we can expect from this ride. All I can say is…well…I can't really say what I want to say or @wdwmagic would delete this post. :)

I am glad that this came out so that we could put that other thread to rest finally! Also, I am still of the opinion that this expansion is going to blow people away with what it is going to offer. Spring of 2017 can't come here soon enough! Ugh!

doctornick

So, doesn't say too much but it sounds like this is the type of calmer all ages ride that DAK really needs. I like the information that there will be music -- as quality engaging songs has been a hall mark of many of the best Disney attractions.

Also, interesting that the official parks blog says "Na’vi River Journey will open with Pandora – The World of AVATAR in 2017" which seems to be a subtle indication that the ride will open with the rest of the land rather than open in stages as some have suggested.

Last edited:

flyerjab

So, doesn't say too much but it sounds like this is the type of calmer all ages ride that DAK really needs. I like the information that there will be music -- as quality engaging songs has been a hall mark of many of the best Disney attractions.

Also, interesting that the official parks blog says "Na’vi River Journey will open with Pandora – The World of AVATAR in 2017" which seems to be a subtle indication that the ride will open with the rest of the land rather than open in stages as some have suggested.

They really needed to announce this. It really helps to clear up some of the misconceptions about it. Is this ride happening? What type of ride will it be like? Is it opening with the rest of the land?

I am so excited for 2017, yet so disappointed that I am writing this in 2015. Ugh!

ChrisI

So, they again are saying this should be finished in 2017. Hopefully trus so I can really start to plan th enext trip down there for Decembe 2017!

Incomudro

Ok, I just enlarged the new concept art photo for that ride. Wow! If that is the amount of AAs, theming, etc. that we can expect from this ride. All I can say is…well…I can't really say what I want to say or @wdwmagic would delete this post. :)

I am glad that this came out so that we could put that other thread to rest finally! Also, I am still of the opinion that this expansion is going to blow people away with what it is going to offer. Spring of 2017 can't come here soon enough! Ugh!

Don't worry, it will doubtlessly be nit picked apart.

As for myself, this whole project is fantastic on a massive scale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom