Mawg

Some of the creatures you will run into at pandora.. Hype Level heavly increasing... View attachment 105852
Also I think we will run into a few or all of these during the boat ride in anamatronic form.
No, these will be genetically engineered and actually roaming around the land for people to interact with them. In some cases they will be released for a running with the bulls type atmosphere.

Incomudro

I have no idea how some people are looking at the model and seeing a mess? Maybe because it has so many details and isn't cookie cutter.. Well everyone has their opinions, I want someone to take a picture head on and zoom in on the front of the mountains because most of the pictures are from the side and you can't see the whole arch.

Also the movie Avatar gave me a one of kind immersive experience into the world of pandora so weather the plot is orginal or not I think pandora is a perfect place to be adapted into a land.

Call me crazy, but I'm betting there will be a bit of a difference between looking down on a tabletop model - and actually walking through towering structures and details.
One of the major things that I love about Disney is my admiration for the artists and constructors of these lands.
The thought, imagination, and sheer undertaking that went into it.
I continuously marvel at what they do.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Call me crazy, but I'm betting there will be a bit of a difference between looking down on a tabletop model - and actually walking through towering structures and details.
One of the major things that I love about Disney is my admiration for the artists and constructors of these lands.
The thought, imagination, and sheer undertaking that went into it.
I continuously marvel at what they do.

Yeah, most of Animal Kingdom wouldn't look to exciting in model form.

chiefs11

So I just watched a Periscope video from d23. It showed a preview video they're showing in the Avatar area. In it was mentioned a canoe ride down a river and a night time nature hike. good stuff.

edit: there was a also a quick shot of some kind of food that might be available, i couldn't make out what it was though

spectromagic04

So I just watched a Periscope video from d23. It showed a preview video they're showing in the Avatar area. In it was mentioned a canoe ride down a river and a night time nature hike. good stuff.

edit: there was a also a quick shot of some kind of food that might be available, i couldn't make out what it was though
Link to the periscope?

ctxak98

Near the military base are towards the right side you can see what looks to be a fence with guests looking past it?! It looks like this could be a petting zoo of some sort possibly?!

flyerjab

So I heard on an unnamed podcast that the back story for this land takes place several years after the time period of the Avatar movie. That is why there is an abandoned military compound. It has been taken over by ACE (Alpha Centauri Expeditions) and used as a travel destination. The Na'vi in this particular section of Pandora are friendly to humans.

The food offered in the giant mess hall is being 'engineered' to look like more exotic fare. There will probably be some interesting menu items but it seems like they are (at least initially) going all out with the theming aspect of this if it is going to be present even in some of the food that can be purchased in this part of the park.

I also heard that the small animal sculptures are some of the creatures that will be seen in the land, but also on the river expedition. The river ride will be incorporating both animatronics and screen technology.

Apparently there are a bunch of walking paths throughout this expansion that will definitely be enjoyed as one goes on a night hike.

CTXRover

https://twitter.com/*****/status/632281697275392000

Interesting brochure being handed out. The "prepared" section seems to hint at what the land will include. Mentions walking under the floating mountains (the model and current constructions shows that), flying on the back of 'winged beasts' (the known flight simulator) and that you can tell others how you 'floated' through forests that glow (a confirmation of the boat ride?). Also mentions some other entertainment including tales from a Nav'i Shaman.

chiefs11

The brochure mentioned above has an overhead map in it:

IMG_50802.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom