AVATAR land construction progress

mergatroid

RoL guidance system?

Lightning rod.

I doubt it is a lightening rod since it is on the lower of the two formations. Unless they have one on both. Either way they should have found a way to disguise it.

Yeah, you're right, it's interesting it's not on the taller one. Looking at the recent aerial you can actually see these on two of the tower mountains.

I'm almost certainly wrong but could they be lights to stop aircraft flying into them like on the TOT (sorry unsure of the floating mountains height as I know this dictates whether they have lights or not, they're probably not high enough I know)?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm almost certainly wrong but could they be lights to stop aircraft flying into them like on the TOT (sorry unsure of the floating mountains height as I know this dictates whether they have lights or not, they're probably not high enough I know)?
ToT does not have aircraft avoidance lights as it is under 200'. I would imagine the same is true for the floating mountains as Disney actively designs to avoid having the add them.

To date, I think the only in park structure to ever have one was the wand at Epcot.

twebber55

Most likely this is the testing area that Imagineering uses to test different materials before they actually use them on stage. CM's will create small sections like this to test how the material will stand up in the Florida climate. It does not necessarily have to be for Animal Kingdom. I learned about this in the Animal Kingdom Backstage Tales tour we took this past December.
definitey is a testing area

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
ToT does not have aircraft avoidance lights as it is under 200'. I would imagine the same is true for the floating mountains as Disney actively designs to avoid having the add them.

To date, I think the only in park structure to ever have one was the wand at Epcot.

So the question is: How tall are those floating mountains?

Little Green Men

IMG_9812.JPG
The dirt hill might be the start of a berm? Maybe someone with more knowledge would know.

dgp602

Would be awesome if the dining service was a table service and your waiter/waitress was a navi
I said the same thing about Sci-Fi Diner at DHS. Imagine re-theming it so instead of cars, you are sitting in fighters or other vehicles from the movies? And the servers are all dressed in Star Wars costumes? And on the screen, Star Wars clips are shown???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom