AVATAR land construction progress

Alektronic

Does anyone know what this is?

C1lgDCQWgAI19zF.jpg:orig
\
C1lgDmRW8AAuEjy.jpg
YES

G00fyDad

I doubt it is a lightening rod since it is on the lower of the two formations. Unless they have one on both. Either way they should have found a way to disguise it.

toolsnspools

Could it be for positioning? By triangulating off them, they would be able to tell the location of the mountains with pinpoint accuracy. That would allow them to tell how they're settling. That would also explain why they're sticking out in the open from the top of the mountains.

Makes me think of when I was working in a new office building. Every occasionally for the first couple of years, you'd hear the steel snap as it settled into place. It was unsettling, to say the least, when the beams gave off a loud pop. I can't imagine standing under those "floating" mountains when a big "pop" let's loose...

Rteetz

Just for the opposite in-land viewpoint, that backstage area is very sparse. The elevation gain from the attraction means people can see into backstage without some trees blocking the vantage.

This has been a question I've had for a while though, I think I can see where they will fill in with some trees on the recent aerials.
Yeah they will definitely put trees in to block the backstage view.

Next Big Thing

No pictures but it was in the video they showed about Avatarland during the Chirstmas parade, but strangely that shot was cut from the version that is available online.
Maybe it was not cut online, but added to the TV broadcast late (and the raw file they had sitting around to upload was the one without the waterfall)?

rioriz

oh no, please don't say they are cutting out the water falls...i think that may be one of the best features. it certainly is part of what makes AK my favorite park.

Ugh, they are not cutting the water features....yet lol

Leave it to this community to over analyze a promo

Just because a scene may be cut from a movie trailer in the second rendition does not mean it is cut out of the film :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom